Vanderbilt Peabody Fall 2016

morifol

Hi guys, you CAN upload your CV, but it's only AFTER you have submitted the complete application. (At least, that is the case for the Master's program). That info is buried in small print somewhere on the Web site, so I didn't realize that at first either.
After you hit submit, if I remember correctly, then there are options to upload "additional materials", including a CV. all the best!

35 minutes ago, marature said:

Hi guys, you CAN upload your CV, but it's only AFTER you have submitted the complete application. (At least, that is the case for the Master's program). That info is buried in small print somewhere on the Web site, so I didn't realize that at first either.
After you hit submit, if I remember correctly, then there are options to upload "additional materials", including a CV. all the best!

I didn't notice that... I suppose it's too late now anyway.

10 hours ago, samsonite2pv said:

Yes! I hope they don't do that in January, though. Any email from the admissions office makes my stomach do somersaults.

Haha, yes! On the one hand, I want e-mails from them to come every single day, on the other - I trust that that much adrenaline released into my blood on daily basis will drain me completely. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,Ā 

Does anyone know about the recruitment weekend? Ā I asked admissions about interviews and was told there is no interview for PhD applicants, but I saw on past forums that they invite applicants to a weekend meet and greet event when they are interested in offering admission. Ā Ā 

Told myself I would not obsess about admission, but they I found this forum... guess it doesnĀ“t hurt to wait with a support group. Ā 

20 minutes ago, vandyhopeful said:

Hello Everyone,Ā 

Does anyone know about the recruitment weekend? Ā I asked admissions about interviews and was told there is no interview for PhD applicants, but I saw on past forums that they invite applicants to a weekend meet and greet event when they are interested in offering admission. Ā Ā 

Told myself I would not obsess about admission, but they I found this forum... guess it doesnĀ“t hurt to wait with a support group. Ā 

Ok, this is interesting... When did you ask? I've seen people reporting interview invites to Peabody on this forum (check the interviews thread in Education). I wonder whether what they call invites is actually just hanging out on their wonderful campus... In that case I, as an international student, am not to receive one...

Trust me, finding this forum will make you more, not less obsessed. ;)

I got anĀ email yesterday inviting me to an interview for the Vanderbilt-Peabody Community Research and Action PhD program. It's my top choice program, so I'm super excited, but also super nervous. If anyone has any helpful information about what to expect on the weekend, I'd love to hear it! Wishing good luck to all other applicants, too.

On 13/1/2016 at 5:43 PM, morifol said:

Ok, this is interesting... When did you ask? I've seen people reporting interview invites to Peabody on this forum (check the interviews thread in Education). I wonder whether what they call invites is actually just hanging out on their wonderful campus... In that case I, as an international student, am not to receive one...

Trust me, finding this forum will make you more, not less obsessed. ;)

I asked last week. Ā  And I checked the thread for last year and the one for this year and did not see information for interviews at least for the PhD/LPO. Ā But maybe they do not invite international students, not sure... IĀ“ve read so many threads not sure if IĀ“m getting them mixed up.Ā Ā  I guess being obsessed with good company is not so bad =)

17 hours ago, communityhopeful said:

I got anĀ email yesterday inviting me to an interview for the Vanderbilt-Peabody Community Research and Action PhD program. It's my top choice program, so I'm super excited, but also super nervous. If anyone has any helpful information about what to expect on the weekend, I'd love to hear it! Wishing good luck to all other applicants, too.

I got the invite, too -- it said Admissions is supposed to give us some info about it but it has yet to come! Granted, it's only been a few days, but I'm getting super impatient/anxious hereĀ B)

4 hours ago, nicolemae said:

I got the invite, too -- it said Admissions is supposed to give us some info about it but it has yet to come! Granted, it's only been a few days, but I'm getting super impatient/anxious hereĀ B)

Hi Nicolemae. Hooray! I'm glad to hear from someone else who also heard. I just spoke with someone at the school, and yes, we will receive an email with a schedule etc soon. PM me if you want to chat about the details. It would be good to connect with someone else who'd going to be there. Hope all is well with you!

29 minutes ago, communityhopeful said:

Hi Nicolemae. Hooray! I'm glad to hear from someone else who also heard. I just spoke with someone at the school, and yes, we will receive an email with a schedule etc soon. PM me if you want to chat about the details. It would be good to connect with someone else who'd going to be there. Hope all is well with you!

You are Canadian - are you considered an international student?

4 hours ago, morifol said:

You are Canadian - are you considered an international student?

Hi Morifol. I think I'd be considered international. I'llĀ need a visa to study in the US. Why do you ask? Is there a different process for some international students? I'm new at this!

On 16/1/2016 at 5:00 AM, communityhopeful said:

Hi Morifol. I think I'd be considered international. I'llĀ need a visa to study in the US. Why do you ask? Is there a different process for some international students? I'm new at this!

I was asking, because I was looking for a pattern... :)

9 minutes ago, MicMac said:

Hi, has anyone heard back with any acceptances/rejections?

I haven't heard a word from either of the Education programs I applied to (Stanford GSE & Vanderbilt). I have heard from one of the 2 psych programs I applied to, and one of them has a 1 month delay from US schools. Since from my history search it seems that Ed programs seem to send out interview invites at the end of January, I am feeling the anticipation, but I am also not getting really worried just yet.