Vanderbilt Peabody Fall 2016

morifol

On 1/14/2016 at 5:29 PM, BritAlysse said:

Does anyone know if M.Ed applicants have interviews or if a decision is made without?

Hey,

Ā 

I am also applying to the Child Studies program. I emailed the educational coordinator of the department about the admission results and here is what i got:Ā 

ā€œWe are still in the process of reviewing applications and plan on making invitations to students being given serious consideration around the 28thĀ of January.ā€

Does it mean that they will send out results around jan 28 or the interview invitation? I'm confused.

7 minutes ago, menyu930311 said:

Hey,

Ā 

I am also applying to the Child Studies program. I emailed the educational coordinator of the department about the admission results and here is what i got:Ā 

ā€œWe are still in the process of reviewing applications and plan on making invitations to students being given serious consideration around the 28thĀ of January.ā€

Does it mean that they will send out results around jan 28 or the interview invitation? I'm confused.

The word 'invitation' can only refer to interviews. Good luck! Child Studies - you mean PhD? Or Masters?

On 1/14/2016 at 5:29 PM, BritAlysse said:

Ā 

Ā 

I am applying for M. Ed in Child Studies. In 2015 and 2014 the admission results were given at the end of January so that's why I'm confused about that email. It seems like this year the results will be given later.

2 hours ago, menyu930311 said:

Hey,

Ā 

Thanks for getting this info, I've been meaning to contact them, but haven't had the chance.

5 hours ago, menyu930311 said:

Does your acceptance letter mention anything about admitted student visiting in February?

Yes, here's what it says:

"Please mark your calendar for Masterā€™s Student Visit Days, February 25-26, 2016 and New Student Orientation, August 22-23, 2016. Masterā€™s Student Visit Days are entirely optional. The event is designed for your convenience simply as an opportunity for a first-hand look at Vanderbilt Universityā€™s Peabody College. More information will be sent via email about both of these events as the dates get closer."

I don't think I'll be able to go, though.

Edited by hillemah

On 1/22/2016 at 1:42 AM, betweenthepages said:
14 hours ago, menyu930311 said:

Does your acceptance letter mention anything about admitted student visiting in February?

I did hear back from Vandy, I applied for a Masters' in International Education Policy & Management and was accepted!

Funny, I just logged on to ask if anyone was going to Master's Visit Days! I'm an IEPM admit and won't be able to go, but I would really appreciate your impressions, if anyone is going...

Does anyone know if typically Vanderbilt saves rejections till after all acceptances have been sent out? So, do they report all rejections at the end? I'm feeling discouraged that I've seen a few acceptances to my program, but I haven't heard anything. Does this usually mean bad news is around the corner?Ā 

3 hours ago, Vandy12345? said:

Does anyone know if typically Vanderbilt saves rejections till after all acceptances have been sent out? So, do they report all rejections at the end? I'm feeling discouraged that I've seen a few acceptances to my program, but I haven't heard anything. Does this usually mean bad news is around the corner?Ā 

Did you log in and look, or are you waiting for an email? I've heard of the emails being delayed sometimes.

8 hours ago, samsonite2pv said:

Did you log in and look, or are you waiting for an email? I've heard of the emails being delayed sometimes.

I've been logging in. I'm worried since others have heard, and I haven't that bad news is coming.Ā 

1 hour ago, nashville0808 said:

By now, all departments at Peabody have shortlisted prospective Ph.D. students and will send out (or have already sent out) an invitation to a recruitment weekend.

What about masters?

21 hours ago, nashville0808 said:

By now, all departments at Peabody have shortlisted prospective Ph.D. students and will send out (or have already sent out) an invitation to a recruitment weekend.

Hi, thanks for the info! Would you care to comment on your experience at Peabody, how you've found it so far? And is life in Nashville as awesome as I think it might be? :) I still have some reservations about my program specifically (IEPM), but the location is pretty attractive to me... I'm more inclined towards sunny climes nowadays...

The Ph.D. recruitment is scheduled from 2/12 to 2/14. So I believe that all shortlisted prospective Ph.D. students across the departments have already received an e-mail, although I'm not confident. I lived in big cities before coming to Nashville and I like Nashville better than them.