Vanderbilt Peabody Fall 2016

morifol

4 hours ago, Ninidou said:

I heard from my interview that it will come with the admission letter, either 1/3 or 2/3 tuition waiver.

Ah ok. Was this for a Master's or PhD? I was admitted as a Master's student but haven't heard anything about a partial tuition waiver. Oh well :(

59 minutes ago, MetriX said:

Ah ok. Was this for a Master's or PhD? I was admitted as a Master's student but haven't heard anything about a partial tuition waiver. Oh well :(

Hi, I'm not sure about your program, but I know a number of Master's students in the IEPM program got the scholarship offer together with the admissions offer, in the same letter.

For what it's worth, when I was accepted to the masters program in 2013, my funding letter (2/3 tuition) actually came before my acceptance, in January. It was quite confusing, but in a good way. B)

I don't think that means you're out of luck if you didn't receive one, though. At the admitted students weekend it sounded like a lot of assistantships and research-based jobs were available.

Just got my acceptance to the EdD program. I could hardly look as the notice loaded (wasn't sure if the update was acceptance or rejection.)

It came with an offer of partial tuition support, which I was not expecting, so that was a nice additional surprise.

So happy to have an acceptance while I wait for the other decisions.

Just now, samsonite2pv said:

For what it's worth, when I was accepted to the masters program in 2013, my funding letter (2/3 tuition) actually came before my acceptance, in January. It was quite confusing, but in a good way. B)

I don't think that means you're out of luck if you didn't receive one, though. At the admitted students weekend it sounded like a lot of assistantships and research-based jobs were available.

For what it's worth, I was also accepted in 2013 but my scholarship letter came at least 2 weeks after my acceptance.  It may have been even later on (the official email came a full 4 weeks after acceptance). Fear not! :D

12 minutes ago, Hockey Diva said:

Just got my acceptance to the EdD program. I could hardly look as the notice loaded (wasn't sure if the update was acceptance or rejection.)

It came with an offer of partial tuition support, which I was not expecting, so that was a nice additional surprise.

Congratulations!!

19 hours ago, Hockey Diva said:

Congratulations Hockey Diva,

I'm nervously anticipating my admission decision.  I applied for the Ed.D. program as well but have not yet seen a decision on my application.  I'm just curious what my chances are.  Here are my numbers.

GRE

Quantitative-166

Verbal-156

Public School teacher with 4 years of experience, prior Active Duty Air Force officer with 5 years of leadership experience, great letters of recommendation, etc.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope to join the program with you.  

All the best.

15 hours ago, v051981 said:

Congratulations Hockey Diva,

I'm nervously anticipating my admission decision.  I applied for the Ed.D. program as well but have not yet seen a decision on my application.  I'm just curious what my chances are.  Here are my numbers.

GRE

Quantitative-166

Verbal-156

Public School teacher with 4 years of experience, prior Active Duty Air Force officer with 5 years of leadership experience, great letters of recommendation, etc.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope to join the program with you.  

All the best.

I had no idea what my chances were when I applied. And I still don't know if I barely qualified or if I was higher in the applicant pool.

I have PhD in an academic field, 5.5 years of secondary school teaching experience, 2.5 years as a school administrator, and school board experience. About 8 years of part-time university teaching.

I doubt my GRE schools counted for much, but I had 170 V, 159 Q, and 4.0 AW. (I'm embarrassed by my AW score, but I did not study the format. I know my essays were fine, but I did not realize certain elements--like a counter argument paragraph--are basically required.)

On February 6, 2016 at 2:52 PM, emilyrobot said:

I know this is a frustrating non-answer, but it's the best I've got: if you haven't heard that you've been rejected, that means you haven't been rejected (yet). If you haven't heard that you've been accepted, then you haven't been accepted (yet). No news is not news. 

There are a lot more variables in the air for the masters program that make it hard to speculate. I'm sorry I don't have anything more helpful to offer!

Visitation weekend is next weekend, and I still haven't heard. Do you think that means waitlisted, or do they tend to send out all rejections at the end of the season? 

Still waiting to hear back about my application. I have not been rejected, but have not been invited to anything or had any communication.

I have 2 masters degrees in education that are very relevant to my field. I have a high GPA, solid but not great GRE, and 5 incredible letters of recommendation. 

I do not have publications, but I am also involved in a research project (which will lead to publications and conferences), and am active in 2 graduate organizations.

Would like to hear back soon as I have been accepted elsewhere, but prefer to go to Vanderbilt. 

On February 22, 2016 at 0:03 PM, docdecisionsohio said:

Still waiting to hear back about my application. I have not been rejected, but have not been invited to anything or had any communication.

I have 2 masters degrees in education that are very relevant to my field. I have a high GPA, solid but not great GRE, and 5 incredible letters of recommendation. 

I do not have publications, but I am also involved in a research project (which will lead to publications and conferences), and am active in 2 graduate organizations.

Would like to hear back soon as I have been accepted elsewhere, but prefer to go to Vanderbilt. 

Have you heard anything yet? 

On February 22, 2016 at 0:03 PM, docdecisionsohio said:

12 hours ago, docdecisionsohio said:

Nope. I was told I would this coming week

They told me the same. Can't be a good sign :/ 

46 minutes ago, docdecisionsohio said:

What program did you apply for?

M.Ed in Special Ed - so very different than you. I hope they didn't keep everyone hanging to just press the reject button on all remaining applicants. Let me know when you hear anything. 

1 hour ago, Vandy12345? said:

M.Ed in Special Ed - so very different than you. I hope they didn't keep everyone hanging to just press the reject button on all remaining applicants. Let me know when you hear anything. 

Did you  get invited to any interviews? Or have you heard anything from them? I was not invited to anything, but am told that not every program holds them. I have not seen any sign that anybody has been accepted to the program I applied to, so I am hoping that means I am actually still in the running. 

1 hour ago, Vandy12345? said:

I contacted the admissions office last week and they said we wouldn't hear until after March 1. That's tomorrow! The wait sure pretty unnerving!

Docdecisionsohio, no my program doesn't have interviews, however, there were a few acceptances seen earlier in the season. Communityhopeful, what program are you applying for? The wait is painful. It'll be over very soon one way or another. 

7 minutes ago, docdecisionsohio said:

Just called. I was told that if you have not heard anything then you are not considered to be in the running. Not sure why they have not sent out rejections if this is the case

Did Peabody general admissions tell you that or your program?

I called Peabody admissions and they transferred me to somebody in the committee. 

I suppose it is possible that people may decline their offers which may open the door to getting an acceptance. But I am considering this closed. 

For reference, I was specifically told that I should be making other plans

Edited by docdecisionsohio