Vanderbilt Peabody Fall 2016

morifol

5 hours ago, communityhopeful said:

I'm on a waitlist so yes, still waiting. I don't know what the chances are though. Have you heard anything yet?

Complete silence, so I do not think good news is coming my way, however, I just want to know! I want to get it over with bc the waiting is painful. 

6 hours ago, Vandy12345? said:

Complete silence, so I do not think good news is coming my way, however, I just want to know! I want to get it over with bc the waiting is painful. 

The silence probably isn't the best news, I agree. You could always email the admissions office and ask them to tell you the status of your application. Do you have other apps that you're waiting to hear back about? I hope you're coping well with the stress of waiting! It really is a painful process.

Hi 

I had applied to PhD in Clinical Psychology at vanderbilt University but got accepted in their MEd in clinical Psychological Assessment program instead starting fall 2016. 

Can anyone tell me what are the job oppotunites for international stuudents(I am from India) after this program

On March 11, 2016 at 3:41 AM, zarra.obroi said:

Hi 

I had applied to PhD in Clinical Psychology at vanderbilt University but got accepted in their MEd in clinical Psychological Assessment program instead starting fall 2016. 

Can anyone tell me what are the job oppotunites for international stuudents(I am from India) after this program

You need a doctorate degree to be a Psychologist in the US, so I'm not sure what you would do with a masters.  

Edited by Vandy12345?

8 minutes ago, Vandy12345? said:

You need a doctorate degree to be a Psychologist in the US, so I'm not sure what you would do with a masters.  

It might give you an advantage in applying to PhD programs the following year, but I would think carefully about how you would fund it. 

23 hours ago, Vandy12345? said:

I know a few people with a masters in psychology.  In some masters programs, you can get certain forms of clinical certification that allow you to do group counseling at various centers (such as rehab, autism, behavioral disabilities) and other scenarios.  Not sure about this program at Vandy but there are definitely jobs out there.

If in India you don't need a doctorate to practice, then I suppose it's not an issue.