Vanderbilt Peabody Fall 2016

morifol

24 minutes ago, docdecisionsohio said:

I called Peabody admissions and they transferred me to somebody in the committee. 

I suppose it is possible that people may decline their offers which may open the door to getting an acceptance. But I am considering this closed. 

I'm sorry! :( last Friday I called SpEd, and they said that this week those of us hanging on would find out if we were rejected, accepted, or waitlisted. It's crappy that they're waiting till the end to tell all of the rejections when they've probably known for a while. I've lost hope though. 

1 hour ago, docdecisionsohio said:

For reference, I was specifically told that I should be making other plans

Harsh, but you know now. That is something.

The waiting is taking its tole on me... With me being in the Ed Neuro program and not having any idea what timeline they are following *shrug*

Someone posted a rejection phone call on the results page for PhD in LTD. If you are lurking here, I would love to know if you were interviewed and who called you to let you know your status. 

1 minute ago, samsonite2pv said:

Someone posted a rejection phone call on the results page for PhD in LTD. If you are lurking here, I would love to know if you were interviewed and who called you to let you know your status. 

That was docdecisionsohio I think 

For the PhD program, I received a phone call from my potential advisor the week after recruitment weekend telling me I had been admitted. The official paper work hasn't arrived in the mail, however, so I'm in a "got to see it to believe it" holding pattern.  

17 minutes ago, Prefer2Lurk said:

For the PhD program, I received a phone call from my potential advisor the week after recruitment weekend telling me I had been admitted. The official paper work hasn't arrived in the mail, however, so I'm in a "got to see it to believe it" holding pattern.  

Thanks for the info! 

1 hour ago, Prefer2Lurk said:

Would you mind stating which program you interviewed for? Congrats on being admitted!

2 hours ago, samsonite2pv said:

Just got waitlisted (LTD). So crushed.

Fingers crossed that you still get in! People do get offers and turn them down, but I know the wait is awful. I still haven't heard (CRA) but I'm guessing I will soon. Fingers crossed there, too!

On March 2, 2016 at 9:00 PM, communityhopeful said:

Thanks! I applied for CRA and have yet to hear, but was told acceptances would go out this week. Nervously waiting here! 

Did you hear anything this week?

"

Thank you for your interest in our Learning, Teaching, and Diversity graduate program. I am sorry to have to inform you that our review of your application and credentials did not lead to a recommendation of admission. If you have applied to more than one Vanderbilt program, you will receive a separate communication regarding your application to each program.

The Graduate School at Vanderbilt University receives applications from many outstanding candidates. Unfortunately, limited resources and competition among well-qualified applicants preclude our offering admission to all who seek it. Please know that your application and supporting materials received a close and careful review.

Admissions decisions are difficult, both for faculty who review applications and for applicants who await notification. I regret having to send you this disappointing news, but I wish you every success in the pursuit of your educational goals.

"

2 hours ago, Vandy12345? said:

Did you hear anything this week?

I just heard today that I have been wait-listed. Sad but coping here. I went for a long walk in the rain to help me deal with it. I had been really hopeful! It's a really great program and I don't think this is a program many people turn down offers, so I am not expecting the wait-list to amount to an admission. But I'll be OK. Best of luck with the rest of the application process, everyone! And best to the incoming class, too!

Admitted B).

any advice folks got about negotiating money at Peabody? They offered racks, but I know I can get more. I just need some ammo before I pressure folks for what I want. 

Edited by Liquid Snake

1 hour ago, docdecisionsohio said:

Very rude to have people wait this long to send a generic email

*shrug* my first round of applications (2012) I didn't get notifications for a few of them until April/May. When I applied in 2013 UNM didn't send me my rejection letter until August.

I actually appreciate so many of them going to email and online applications. :-) 

On March 5, 2016 at 4:35 PM, EdNeuroGrl said:

*shrug* my first round of applications (2012) I didn't get notifications for a few of them until April/May. When I applied in 2013 UNM didn't send me my rejection letter until August.

I actually appreciate so many of them going to email and online applications. :-) 

Does Vanderbilt not look favorably on those reapplying? If I get rejected, I was planning to try again next year :/