2016 Acceptance Thread

On 1/27/2016 at 9:58 PM, CrashJupiter said:

Anyone want to claim the Louisville Comp/Rhet PhD acceptance?

I wasn't the one who posted in the results section (I'm new to the GradCafe workings); however, I did hear and get my acceptance from UofL on Tuesday, 1/26. :)

I got in to UC Santa Barbara, too! My top choice. Word's can't express how thrilled I am. They even said nice things about my writing sample! I've read the email about a zillion times. Congrats to those who have been accepted so far! <3 

Edited by brontësaurus

13 minutes ago, brontësaurus said:

I got in to UC Santa Barbara, too! My top choice. Word's can't express how thrilled I am. They even said nice things about my writing sample! I've read the email about a zillion times. Congrats to those who have been accepted so far! <3 

Awesome! Congrats! 

Are you in English or Comp. Lit? Are you going to visit the campus on 1. March? We may see each other there! 

11 hours ago, WendyWonderland said:

Awesome! Congrats! 

Are you in English or Comp. Lit? Are you going to visit the campus on 1. March? We may see each other there! 

Congrats to you, too! I'm in English. I haven't heard anything about the first of March yet, but if the English dept. meets the same day, then I will see you there! :D

24 minutes ago, brontësaurus said:

Congrats to you, too! I'm in English. I haven't heard anything about the first of March yet, but if the English dept. meets the same day, then I will see you there! :D

That's awesome! And we will have classes together for sure! Is UCSB your top choice? 

22 hours ago, Granola said:

I wasn't the one who posted in the results section (I'm new to the GradCafe workings); however, I did hear and get my acceptance from UofL on Tuesday, 1/26. :)

Congrats! I'm waitlisted and hoping.

(I apologize for the double post.  This seems like the more appropriate thread for this.) 

I received an acceptance from Temple in the mail yesterday.  I am super excited, as this is my first acceptance.

I'm wondering, has anyone else heard from them? One of my advisors told me it's very early to be hearing, and that makes me wonder if my chances of funding are better.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thank you! 

11 minutes ago, Apocolocyntosis said:

Thanks, @blueoctavo! I was one of those acceptances. I wish I could help you, but, unfortunately, there was nothing in my acceptance to indicate where the committee stood in the review process. I hope you hear soon, and best of luck!

Thanks for your response :) We'll see what happens. Congratulations again!! What a great program and in a awesome city.

Anyone to claim the wait list from Duke Lit? (Not trying to second guess you, but sure about Literature rather than English for the program? Seems like quite a quick turn around from the interviews [Tues/Weds] to now--and right in line with all the English admits for today [which, congrats to you all!])

I sort of hate to double-post but: as I saw another entry on the results for a Duke Literature wait-list, I started to worriedly check my email, and.......not Duke (still nothing for me, there), but, an acceptance from Vanderbilt (English) was waiting! Still a bit of time before official word on funding, but, super excited!

25 minutes ago, haltheincandescent said:

I sort of hate to double-post but: as I saw another entry on the results for a Duke Literature wait-list, I started to worriedly check my email, and.......not Duke (still nothing for me, there), but, an acceptance from Vanderbilt (English) was waiting! Still a bit of time before official word on funding, but, super excited!

Congrats on the acceptance! Though you've made me a little more anxious, as that's 1/4 spots gone now...

P.S. I like your name if it's a reference to what I think.

14 minutes ago, bruin228 said:

Congrats on the acceptance! Though you've made me a little more anxious, as that's 1/4 spots gone now...

P.S. I like your name if it's a reference to what I think.

Thanks!!

(and, yeah, it's to Infinite Jest. My main undergrad obsession/thesis topic, and probable part-of-grad-research :) )

Edited by haltheincandescent

Just now, haltheincandescent said:

Thanks!!

(and, yeah, it's Infinite Jest. My main undergrad obsession/thesis topic, and probable part-of-grad-research :) )

Not to deviate from this thread's focus, but I just started it! Only 53 pages (3%) in so far haha. 

3 minutes ago, underwater said:

Congratulations!!!!  That's a great program!  Was that for comp lit or English?

Thank you! It's the Comp Lit program. I thought for sure I had very little chance, then one of my LORs was a bit late and I thought it was over.

Just now, blueoctavo said:

Thank you! It's the Comp Lit program. I thought for sure I had very little chance, then one of my LORs was a bit late and I thought it was over.

Haha, luckily most programs seem to know we don't have complete control over the LORs!  One of mine was late too, hope it doesn't affect me.

4 minutes ago, underwater said:

Haha, luckily most programs seem to know we don't have complete control over the LORs!  One of mine was late too, hope it doesn't affect me.

No, I think you're right that most of them understand. As long as it's not weeks late it should be fine! Is Michigan one of the schools you're waiting to hear from? And wow, 17 applications! You're a superhero-- I did ten and almost had a mini breakdown. 

I used to be on here as beet-nik (about three years ago, when I was applying for my MA)....but I forgot my password. So I just thought I'd chime in with a new username since I got into UCLA's Gender Studies program! Also applied to Emory and UNCG English in addition to some American Studies and Ethnic Studies programs. 

Hello! I've been lurking for a while, but think it's only fair to claim my posts on the results page. I was waitlisted by Duke Lit yesterday after interviewing (one of the most terrifying experiences of my life) on Wednesday. I was also accepted by USC. Still waiting to hear from 10 other programs!

1 hour ago, chloeolivia said:

Hello! I've been lurking for a while, but think it's only fair to claim my posts on the results page. I was waitlisted by Duke Lit yesterday after interviewing (one of the most terrifying experiences of my life) on Wednesday. I was also accepted by USC. Still waiting to hear from 10 other programs!

Congrats on both! I also interviewed on Wednesday, but haven't heard anything yet, and nothing's changed on my application page...... the wait continues.