MPH Canada Fall 2016

Snehal2410

just emailed Guelph program assistant. Apparently all the acceptances have been mailed out and waitlist people notified. The rejection letter are sent out in the end. according to the lady they only had 25 spots this year. Better luck next time I guess! Congrats to everyone who was accepted:)

2 hours ago, Mark Reist said:

Hey, did you by any chance find out how many people were on the waitlist? 

no she didn't really say but she did say they had 330 applicants and only 25 got acceptances so I m not sure how long their waitlist is

I just got an email that I am on the wait list for UofT Epi. So I expect others will be informed of this soon as well. Hopefully, this will calm some nerves as people accept and decline offers. Congrats to everyone who got in to their programs!

I also just got a waitlist email from UofT epi- It's the only place I applied so heres hoping it's a short list! 
Congrats to everyone who got in!

I still haven't receive any notification from the University of Alberta (Health Promotion, distance ). I emailed again and Shona said that my file is still being reviewed by the admissions committee. Is this just a polite way of telling me that my rejection is on it's way? It seems quite late for an acceptance and there was no mention of a waitlist or anything? Is it just false hope at this point or is there any chance I could still be accepted? 

Anyone else still waiting?  

I sent an email yesterday to the program director, Dr. Fran Scott, to acquire more info for international students who are on the waitlist. But I received her auto-reply immediately, which notified me that she would be out of country and email access until May 3. LOL

4 minutes ago, Slavvy said:

For those who got waitlisted for UofT Epi.  Did you get an invitation for a webinar-based Question and Answer session on May 4th and 5th? 

I did

For the people who haven't heard back from UofT, does this  mean we are rejected? considering the acceptances and waitlists went out? 

10 hours ago, 2016uoft said:

For the people who haven't heard back from UofT, does this  mean we are rejected? considering the acceptances and waitlists went out? 

Same boat, I have Applied to Uof T MPH Behavioral and Social Psychology Stream. My status is 'under review'. called them up and they said they have released first unofficial offers to students and if they accept, well then, thats it !!! now going to flip burgers for a living :( so much for my 3.90 GPA (last 2 years)

Edited by markar438

I got accepted into a university in Europe and now I may not go because of their high tuition fees and due to the fact that my government (I'm from Mexico) likes giving hell to people who want to keep preparing themselves and help people somehow. It's heartbreaking that after so much effort sometimes dream don't come true. Sorry if I'm venting, I'm just sad.

52 minutes ago, chezismael said:

I got accepted into a university in Europe and now I may not go because of their high tuition fees and due to the fact that my government (I'm from Mexico) likes giving hell to people who want to keep preparing themselves and help people somehow. It's heartbreaking that after so much effort sometimes dream don't come true. Sorry if I'm venting, I'm just sad.

i feel for you :( I wonder what else I could have done, I really think, in my humble yet biased opinion, I was a competitive candidate for MPH at UofT ...at least ...for wait-list section 

Edited by markar438

5 hours ago, markar438 said:

i feel for you :( I wonder what else I could have done, I really think, in my humble yet biased opinion, I was a competitive candidate for MPH at UofT ...at least ...for wait-list section 

It seems like the competition is quite demanding. I called UofT and they put me on the wait-list for MPH health promotion because of my "lack of research experience". I've worked for the national department of health as a researcher, had a public health internship overseas, and worked for Statistics Canada in data analysis, published 2 papers with my professor in the health science department where I was named one of the authors, and have gone to Africa 3 times for rural housing outreach projects. 3.9 GPA. Not really sure what they are looking for.....

Edited by monvik

3 hours ago, monvik said:

It seems like the competition is quite demanding. I called UofT and they put me on the wait-list for MPH health promotion because of my "lack of research experience". I've worked for the national department of health as a researcher, had a public health internship overseas, and worked for Statistics Canada in data analysis, published 2 papers with my professor in the health science department where I was named one of the authors, and have gone to Africa 3 times for rural housing outreach projects. 3.9 GPA. Not really sure what they are looking for.....

That's surprising, you seem to have enough experience to be offered admission to the program. So you were notified about being wait listed for health promotion? How do you know that your application lacks research experience? I thought they don't discuss individual applications over the phone. 

Edited by ash15

2 hours ago, ash15 said:

That's surprising, you seem to have enough experience to be offered admission to the program. So you were notified about being wait listed for health promotion? How do you know that your application lacks research experience? I thought they don't discuss individual applications over the phone. 

monvik, i cannot understand what they are looking for either!!!  

10 hours ago, monvik said:

I hope you got into another program somewhere because people like you should definitely be in our field !

17 hours ago, monvik said:

Wow, I knew applications were competitive but this is surprising to me! Hope they accept you somewhere else where they appreciate your drive and talent! :)

23 hours ago, markar438 said:

Yeah, hopefully we can achieve our dreams soon enough! Best of luck!

I have called to DLSPH. They said that it`s a rolling based admissions and we can expect the decision till Mid June for MPH Epi. applicants.  I think number of students they accommodate for MPH Epi. is high.  So, every year usually how many students do they accept for MPH Epi. program ? I

2 hours ago, Achillies_MPH said:

I have called to DLSPH. They said that it`s a rolling based admissions and we can expect the decision till Mid June for MPH Epi. applicants.  I think number of students they accommodate for MPH Epi. is high.  So, every year usually how many students do they accept for MPH Epi. program ? I

rolling means, if those who are offered admission, don't accept, then you might get a chance!!! so not so great 

Edited by markar438