Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

5 minutes ago, aresh1 said:

Just a heads up for all of you. 

Just got a call from Vanderbilt about coming to a recruitment weekend. No offers until after the weekend. 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow that's amazing! Call from the DGS, I presume?

but omg omg omg *crashes into a wall somehow* 

*gets some ice for my head* really excited to hear from Vanderbilt cause it was my undergrad thesis advisor's alma mater and I've only heard wonderful things about the program...

6 minutes ago, aresh1 said:

Just a heads up for all of you. 

Just got a call from Vanderbilt about coming to a recruitment weekend. No offers until after the weekend. 

Oh man, Vandy is the last of my top 4 - and I'm pretty certain I didn't get into the others. Fingers crossed and my phone is set at full volume and within grasp.

10 minutes ago, gingin6789 said:

*gets some ice for my head* really excited to hear from Vanderbilt cause it was my undergrad thesis advisor's alma mater and I've only heard wonderful things about the program...

Yes. Call from the DGS. Unfortunately I'm going to be at a conference that weekend and don't really know what to do about it. The DGS promised to get back to me to see if we could figure something out. Vanderbilt is my top choice, so hopefully things work out. 

Just now, aresh1 said:

Yes. Call from the DGS. Unfortunately I'm going to be at a conference that weekend and don't really know what to do about it. The DGS promised to get back to me to see if we could figure something out. Vanderbilt is my top choice, so hopefully things work out. 

I'm so happy to hear that your top choice is strongly considering you! That's amazing and well-deserved! Oh wow, would it happen to be ESS, the weekend of March 17th? If so, I'll be at ESS as well!

I'm sure things will work out. NC State has their recruitment visit the weekend of March 17th, and they were so accommodating about me visiting the following weekend. They just said the visit would simply be less formal. So, I'm sure Vanderbilt can do something to help! Keep us posted! I hope they get back to you soon!

1 minute ago, gingin6789 said:

I'm so happy to hear that your top choice is strongly considering you! That's amazing and well-deserved! Oh wow, would it happen to be ESS, the weekend of March 17th? If so, I'll be at ESS as well!

I'm sure things will work out. NC State has their recruitment visit the weekend of March 17th, and they were so accommodating about me visiting the following weekend. They just said the visit would simply be less formal. So, I'm sure Vanderbilt can do something to help! Keep us posted! I hope they get back to you soon!

Thank you so much! It's actually at the end of this month. It's the Education in Ethnography conference at Penn. There are a lot of reasons I can't attend. I'm hoping I can fly in another weekend or have a Skype interview. 

I hope you hear good things from them today! 

28 minutes ago, gingin6789 said:

pay attention to email! mine was email

6 minutes ago, aresh1 said:

Thank you so much! It's actually at the end of this month. It's the Education in Ethnography conference at Penn. There are a lot of reasons I can't attend. I'm hoping I can fly in another weekend or have a Skype interview. 

I hope you hear good things from them today! 

Oh nice! That sounds like an excellent conference! I hope you get the chance to visit Vanderbilt! I've only been on the edge of campus, but it seems like a very beautiful campus! Nashville is also fun! I've only been there for a conference, but it was a great town!

Thank you so much! I hope so, too ... I hope and pray I'm on their list!

44 minutes ago, gingin6789 said:

The fact that you crashes into the wall and got some ice for your head revealed you are a real Pennsylvanian.

Awful awful weather... This year is good enough though, no reason to complain.

5 minutes ago, Shay825 said:

Looks like Penn admits will be finished after today. I'm counting 5 on the board. :*(

How do you figure 5? Unless you're counting the HSS interviews... or my browser is crazy.

Just now, goofylemon said:

The fact that you crashes into the wall and got some ice for your head revealed you are a real Pennsylvanian.

Awful awful weather... This year is good enough though, no reason to complain.

Lol!!! Yes, born and raised! haha. 

Yeah, this year is way better than last year!! It's not nearly as cold this year, for which I'm thankful.

2 minutes ago, mm3733 said:

How do you figure 5? Unless you're counting the HSS interviews... or my browser is crazy.

Whoops, my mistake - I searched "Penn Sociology" and a couple of Penn States popped up in the middle. Looks like there are 3 admits.

Edited by Shay825

3 minutes ago, Shay825 said:

Whoops, my mistake - I searched "Penn Sociology" and a couple of Penn States popped up in the middle. Looks like there are 3 admits.

Let's just go with that's a good sign for us, okay? They're just slowly going down the list... :)

PS. Didn't mean to sound like a douche in the last post, was just *hoping* I was right and it wasn't me searching the wrong term lol!

Edited by mm3733

5 minutes ago, gingin6789 said:

Lol!!! Yes, born and raised! haha. 

Yeah, this year is way better than last year!! It's not nearly as cold this year, for which I'm thankful.

I guess soon I will feel Pennsylvania is a place I wish to leave for so long, but actually when I leave, I will miss quite a lot of things there.

***hand you your favorite drink****

1 minute ago, mm3733 said:

Let's just go with that's a good sign for us, okay? They're just slowly going down the list... :)

PS. Didn't mean to sound like a douche in the last post, was just *hoping* I was right and it wasn't me searching the wrong term lol!

Lol. No worries, I didn't detect any douchebaggery.