2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

3 minutes ago, bechkafish said:

I checked the survey results on my phone in bed, and (1) saw that BC had accepted someone via snail mail, (2) realized it was 4pm, (3) remembered that my mail comes at 3:30 on the dot, and (4) scrambled out of bed to check the mail so fast that I upended several animals in the process. Turns out there was nothing there but credit card statements and junk mail, which is probably some kind of metaphor for my life in general.

But anyway, no, I applied to Johns Hopkins a few years back and they sent their rejection (:mellow:) via snail mail, too.

I also checked my app and realized that i put my current address as good through May 2015, instead of 2016. >< hope that doesn't bite me in the ass later.

1 minute ago, brekekexkoax said:

I also checked my app and realized that i put my current address as good through May 2015, instead of 2016. >< hope that doesn't bite me in the ass later.

Oh no! Well, hopefully, if they don't feel comfortable about the address they have, they'll just give you a call or send out an email (if only to confirm your location)? 

Just now, bechkafish said:

Oh no! Well, hopefully, if they don't feel comfortable about the address they have, they'll just give you a call or send out an email (if only to confirm your location)? 

or they will just figure that i'm dumb and send it to the current address instead of the 'permanent' one. in any case i emailed them so let's see how that goes.

Here to claim the BC posting. I got the letter through old-fashioned snail mail this afternoon (it was signed on the Feb 4), went online afterwards, and noticed that nothing was updated there yet.

Best of luck to everyone out there!

Edited by Ofterdingen

4 minutes ago, Ofterdingen said:

Here to claim the BC posting. I got the letter through old-fashioned snail mail this afternoon (it was signed on the Jan 4), went online afterwards, and noticed that nothing was updated there yet.

Congratulations! Gonna frantically check my mail now.

2 minutes ago, sybyll said:

So question for the BC people. What does your application status say online? Does it have a big "completed" on it? Mine seems to just say that they will review it when completed, but has no requests for any more documents or anything. I assumed that meant done. Now I'm feeling all silly, like I missed something. 

Under the "submit confirmation" tab there is a document that says "You have successfully submitted your web application" with a red "submitted" stamp on it. There doesn't appear to be any way to check application status beyond this point. 

Just now, lisamadura said:

Under the "submit confirmation" tab there is a document that says "You have successfully submitted your web application" with a red "submitted" stamp on it. There doesn't appear to be any way to check application status beyond this point. 

yeah i just checked mine and that's what it says as well. many places will notify you if something is missing, or not let you submit if there is something else they need. i wouldn't worry about it.

2 hours ago, Ofterdingen said:

Here to claim the BC posting. I got the letter through old-fashioned snail mail this afternoon (it was signed on the Feb 4), went online afterwards, and noticed that nothing was updated there yet.

I am going to assume that I haven't received anything in the mail because I live just about as far as you can get from Boston so the acceptance letter has further to travel (don't tell me where you live, I'd rather remain comfortably within my delusions).

This is for you, ya bad ass!

tumblr_nzvzw72bH81v1g6r4o1_500.gif

16 minutes ago, lisamadura said:

I am going to assume that I haven't received anything in the mail because I live just about as far as you can get from Boston so the acceptance letter has further to travel (don't tell me where you live, I'd rather remain comfortably within my delusions).

I too exist in this illusion/delusion.