Netflix Recommendations

jellyfish11

Hey!   We're all waiting, trying not to lose hope and/or our minds, and some of us (me) are stuck inside with nothing to do for multiple days due to #Snowzilla. What are you watching on Netflix right now?

Lately I've been watching:

The Great Food Truck Race

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries

New Girl (again)

Jane the Virgin (so good)

What are you addicted to? I'm curious and also in need of suggestions for what to watch!

This is all over the place, but for documentaries: Making A Murderer will blow your mind. Also What Happened, Miss Simone and This is Life with Lisa Ling.

TV: Parks and Recreation, Friends, Criminal Minds, How to Get Away with Murder, Pretty Little Liars (lol sort of terrible, but distractingly addictive), X-Files, Gilmore Girls 

Movies: Pride and Prejudice, Bridget Jones's Diary, The Babadook is really good too, Hot Fuzz, Silver Linings Playbook, Frank 

I usually only watch TV/Netflix when trying to fall asleep, but my go-tos are It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Peep Show, nature/culture documentaries (like Planet Earth or Wild China), recently watched the remake of Carl Sagan's The Cosmos with Neil Degrass Tyson, kinda cheezy but some of the info is super interesting.

Also stuck inside. Here are a few of the things I've been watching recently.

Movies:

Django Unchained, The Babadook, Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

TV Shows:

Parks and Recreation, Making a Murderer, Arrested Development, Daredevil.

Stand Up:

Tony Hinchcliffe: One Shot (not great), John Mulaney: New in Town

- New shows I am watching: Master of None, Narcos, Making a murderer

- The shows I am addicted to: HIMYM, the office, parks & recs, unbreakable kimmy schmidt, grace & frankie, louie, HTGAWM, portlandia, twin peaks. Additions from Hulu: The mindy project, modern family, the good wife, fargo, homeland (+showtime)

- Addition to good film list: Leon: the professional, a girl walks home alone at night, nightcrawler, training day, moonrise kingdom, fruitvale station, pulp fiction, the shining, the hurt locker, the aviator, good will hunting, short term 12, election, the kids are alright, we need to talk about kevin, the one i love, philomena, tangerine, trainspotting, rosewater, what's eating gilbert grapes, kill bill, oldboy, battle royale (Japanese film that inspires hunger games)

The Netflix/Marvel TV series have the best villains; I highly recommend Jessica Jones and Daredevil. Supernatural is my go-to binge watching show and one of my all time favorites.  

• 2 weeks later...

I am a big fan of international shows, so here is my list:

• China - Empresses of the Palace
  • International/US - Crossing Lines
    • even though a hundred things are factually incorrect: the Dutch aren't Dutch, the travel times are imaginary,  the budget and mandate of the ICC are imaginary, etc, to my own surprise I still enjoyed it.
  • Swiss - Der Bestatter / The Undertaker
  • UK - River
  • DK - Annika Bengtzon
  • DK/SWE - Broen / The Bridge
  • AUS - Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (glad to see OP mention it, such a good show!)

American:

• Sense8
  • Homeland
  • Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Gotham
  • Modern family <3

Film

• Riddick

Edited by reddog
how could I forget modern family..

Triple voting for sense8 and Jessica Jones, I binged the first seasons in like three days. Other nominees for excellent distraction/binge-ability: House of Cards, Friday Night Lights, The Killing, The West Wing, Dexter, Supernatural and Lost Girl (super cheesy, super fun). You can't go wrong with the witty banter and lovable characters on Parks and Rec, Firefly, The Office, Frasier and Gilmore Girls either.

I may spend too much time on netflix...

Quick Netflix binges (1 regular-length season or less): Firefly, Sherlock, North & South, Marco Polo, Jane the Virgin, The Office (UK), Occupied (Norway)

If you don't mind consecrating a few weeks of your life to these shows: Supernatural (the ultimate time-suck for me), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Destinations, Breaking Bad (obvious, I guess), Lost, the X-Files, Twin Peaks.  

Not on Netflix, but now On Demand: I recently saw Crimson Peak, and really liked it.