Jump to content

NYU - Steinhardt


tedwards09

Recommended Posts

I also interviewed for the Educational Leadership program. Hoping to hear soon! We're supposed to know by the 22nd at latest, but they made it seem like we might know sooner... so naturally, I'm refreshing my email every 20 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I applied to NYU IE MA, but I've seen the past that masters applicants don't hear back until APRIL in the past!  Seems crazy to me.  It's a moot point since NYU is my last choice and I've been accepted elsewhere, but still.... weird that they are so late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Loryne said:

I applied to the Educational Communication and Technology doctoral program. It's my first choice and the wait is gut-wrenching...

My first choice, as well. I'm beyond anxious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, PsychEdD said:

I also interviewed for the Educational Leadership program. Hoping to hear soon! We're supposed to know by the 22nd at latest, but they made it seem like we might know sooner... so naturally, I'm refreshing my email every 20 minutes.

Ah no way! Yeah I got the impression that we would hear back sometime mid week - so I'm refreshing my email all the time too, and my heart stops every time I get one! Which faculty member did you interview with? How do you feel it went?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tedwards09 said:

Ah no way! Yeah I got the impression that we would hear back sometime mid week - so I'm refreshing my email all the time too, and my heart stops every time I get one! Which faculty member did you interview with? How do you feel it went?

I interviewed with Dr. Anderson... I think I represented myself and my interests well, but who knows if they're looking for something specific that I just don't have. He said they're only taking 10 people in the EdD program so I'm dying to know how many people have gotten interviews. I'm worried that I didn't articulate my research interests well enough (probably because they're not yet fully formed) and I'm wondering how focused they're hoping our ideas will be. 

How did your interview go? Did you get any good information about the program or what to expect? 

Where else have you applied?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PsychEdD said:

I interviewed with Dr. Anderson... I think I represented myself and my interests well, but who knows if they're looking for something specific that I just don't have. He said they're only taking 10 people in the EdD program so I'm dying to know how many people have gotten interviews. I'm worried that I didn't articulate my research interests well enough (probably because they're not yet fully formed) and I'm wondering how focused they're hoping our ideas will be. 

How did your interview go? Did you get any good information about the program or what to expect? 

Where else have you applied?

Yeah I have similar thoughts, I always feel like I rambled a lot looking back on interviews. My research ideas aren't completely formed either, but I think I articulated the ideas I care about pretty well, but who knows. Dr. Larson did tell me she thought my background was very interesting and unique, so I'm hoping that counts for something.

I didn't know the 10 people admitted number! That's interested, I wonder how many got interviewed too! And the info I asked at the end were when classes take place (evenings, around 4 or 5 for two hours each), how long the program typically lasts (about 3 years), and if funding was applied for separately (you fill out FASFA after you're accepted and then they offer you a funding package). 

The only other school I applied to was George Washington. I'm interested in social issues with education, like gender, sexuality, race, ect. Those are not commonly researched areas so I had trouble finding schools to apply to with faculty that matched, hence only applying to 2. 

What about you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've already received a rejection form U of Michigan (disappointing but not unexpected), and I'm waiting to hear from Harvard's EdLd program (total longshot) and Colorado U at Boulder. I have a psychology background so I'm attracted to different programs for different reasons, but I'm primarily interested in the intersection between urban ed and special ed. I particularly like NYU's focus on social justice and equity. 

I asked similar questions toward the end, so no new info for you there. Fingers crossed that we'll hear something soon!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, bma said:

I applied to the M.A. in International Education program. They e-mailed me an acceptance offer three days ago.

Same.  Today I got the welcome video from Dana Burde.  Might you go to NYU or favoring somewhere else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Heather1011 said:

Same.  Today I got the welcome video from Dana Burde.  Might you go to NYU or favoring somewhere else?

 

I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools I have applied to. Are you planning on enrolling in the program?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bma said:

 

I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools I have applied to. Are you planning on enrolling in the program?

 

I'm definitely not going to NYU.  It's the most expensive and the least compatible of the programs I've applied to.  Plus, I got into Penn which is right now my first choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Still waiting to hear about the Educational Communication and Technology PhD. I've received no news either way yet, which feels like an implicit rejection...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2016 at 3:17 PM, Loryne said:

Still waiting to hear about the Educational Communication and Technology PhD. I've received no news either way yet, which feels like an implicit rejection...

Did you have an interview or anything? I had an interview with them for the Educational Leadership EdD over a month ago and still haven't heard anything either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, tedwards09 said:

Did you have an interview or anything? I had an interview with them for the Educational Leadership EdD over a month ago and still haven't heard anything either

Sadly, no interview. That alone leads me to strongly assume it's a rejection, but without any contact it's hard to really know what's going on behind the scenes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Susan Du said:

I received my admission letter of Steinhardt yesterday with $5000 study abroad scholarship. International Education Program.

Got the same scholarship as you :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.