Contacting Admissions

Nat_Foot

Just now, Nat_Foot said:

So, I was going to hold off on Brown until the end of the week (someone claimed the first acceptance), but it has been a few days since the predicted date. 

Acceptances will be MAILED OUT by the end of the week. Sigh -- snail mail again? 

Wait you called brown and they're mailing them? 

1 hour ago, Nat_Foot said:

So, I was going to hold off on Brown until the end of the week (someone claimed the first acceptance), but it has been a few days since the predicted date. 

Acceptances will be MAILED OUT by the end of the week. Sigh -- snail mail again? 

could still mean emailed out. I've heard some language like that before for emailing 

In case anyone is wondering about DePaul: first wave of interviews are going on this week, but they will most likely do another wave after this one (with people who haven't been contacted at all yet). My prof also told me that someone at a school I applied to actually called them to ask about me. I had no idea they do that! 

Also, regarding Chicago Social Thought, someone posted this on the results board: 

"wrote an email to admissions those waiting for PhD Social Sciences. Here's their response: "All applications are currently in final review;Official notification of decisions are made after the review of all applications and usually begins the last week of February or first week of March. All official decisions are sent by email" THE WAIT IS TORTURE!! :(" 

Just now, blacklake said:

Also, regarding Chicago Social Thought, someone posted this on the results board: 

"wrote an email to admissions those waiting for PhD Social Sciences. Here's their response: "All applications are currently in final review;Official notification of decisions are made after the review of all applications and usually begins the last week of February or first week of March. All official decisions are sent by email" THE WAIT IS TORTURE!! :(" 

UGH! Torture indeed!

New Mexico: Secretary was very uninformative: "It might be a couple of months." I asked, "within the next month?" And she said, "Yeah... it might be longer than that." That seems very implausible to me, so we might want to contact the DGS. I noticed one acceptance listed for Feb 10.

Oregon: I emailed the DGS about whether all acceptances & WL have gone out. Will get back to you soon. 

Social Thought: You'll get an email within the next couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, blacklake said:

In case anyone is wondering about DePaul: first wave of interviews are going on this week, but they will most likely do another wave after this one (with people who haven't been contacted at all yet). My prof also told me that someone at a school I applied to actually called them to ask about me. I had no idea they do that! 

OH!!!!

This give me hope.

I also now realize my life is like Kafka's Trial.. I'm here waiting for the results of my plea, from a jury that I can't ever see, with laws that I'm not allowed to know.. And I get slight hope, only to have it yanked away in a week (probably)....,

U Toronto (Philosophy): General admissions have not been released yet, and they will not be released until the end of February. I asked if any had been released, and she said a few, possibly, if there were special circumstances but none for general admissions yet. Also asked about international: they always have a quota of how many visa students they accept (and there's a limited number of those they can accept, of course). So you can assume there will be a few international students accepted. 

Sorry, but I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to contact the Toronto History & Phil of Science program or any other schools. I'm a bit busier today than expected.. 

If there are any other requests, let me know and I'll get to them tomorrow. Alternatively, if someone wants to fill in for me for the rest of the day and post the results, that'd be welcome too. 

2 minutes ago, Nat_Foot said:

U Toronto (Philosophy): General admissions have not been released yet, and they will not be released until the end of February. I asked if any had been released, and she said a few, possibly, if there were special circumstances but none for general admissions yet. Also asked about international: they always have a quota of how many visa students they accept (and there's a limited number of those they can accept, of course). So you can assume there will be a few international students accepted. 

Sorry, but I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to contact the Toronto History & Phil of Science program or any other schools. I'm a bit busier today than expected.. 

If there are any other requests, let me know and I'll get to them tomorrow. Alternatively, if someone wants to fill in for me for the rest of the day and post the results, that'd be welcome too. 

HI Nat,

I'd love it if you could ask McGill the same question about whether they're accepting international students. they didn't accept any last year... thank you!

8 minutes ago, Nat_Foot said:

Thanks, Nat!

To use my local parlance, you're a legend, mate!

Hey @Nat_Foot, I'd be interested to know what Georgetown's timeline is. I know the prediction is for them to release this week (probably Friday), but it would be nice to get some measure of confidence on that, however vague. Thanks for all your hard work!