Southern Schools in FL, GA, AL

12 minutes ago, jdb10c said:

@FloridaSpeechie very nice! Good luck to you! I hope we both get in to a good school:). Do you mind me asking what your stats are? Where did you do your undergrad?

Not at all! I am at UCF for undergrad. My gre scores are 151 verbal and 149 quant and 3.5 on writing. My gpa is 3.7. What about you?

1 hour ago, jdb10c said:

I'm sorry, @Lunalulu2! FSU is really tough to get into. That's awesome you were accepted to a few other schools, though!

Thank you for your kind words. Rejection is always tough and the biggest bummer is it means I definitely have to move (I live in Tallahassee now) if I want to go to grad school but I know I am lucky to have other options. 

18 minutes ago, Lunalulu2 said:

Thank you for your kind words. Rejection is always tough and the biggest bummer is it means I definitely have to move (I live in Tallahassee now) if I want to go to grad school but I know I am lucky to have other options. 

@Lunalulu2 I live in Tallahassee too! But I totally understand. I have been in Tallahassee for almost 6 years, so leaving would be very hard. I'm just hoping I get in to one school this year! But even if I do, moving will still be very hard. And rejection is never easy. I didn't get in anywhere last year, and have been rejected from FSU and Armstrong today. I am still trying to stay positive, though! 

1 minute ago, jdb10c said:

@Lunalulu2 I live in Tallahassee too! But I totally understand. I have been in Tallahassee for almost 6 years, so leaving would be very hard. I'm just hoping I get in to one school this year! But even if I do, moving will still be very hard. And rejection is never easy. I didn't get in anywhere last year, and have been rejected from FSU and Armstrong today. I am still trying to stay positive, though! 

Ha! Hello fellow Tallahassean. When I moved here 15 years ago from ft lauderdale for my first bachelors I hated it and now I can't imagine leaving. It grows on you ;-) where else did you apply? Fingers crossed for you.

16 minutes ago, Lunalulu2 said:

Ha! Hello fellow Tallahassean. When I moved here 15 years ago from ft lauderdale for my first bachelors I hated it and now I can't imagine leaving. It grows on you ;-) where else did you apply? Fingers crossed for you.

@Lunalulu2 Haha, I didn't like Tallahassee either! I've been here for almost 6 years, and love it! It's been a great town to live in. And I applied to: USF, FSU, Jacksonville University, University of West Georgia, Armstrong University, ETSU, Iona College, Valdosta State and Saint Mary's in IN. Today I found out I was rejected from FSU and Armstrong, so that kind of sucked:/. But I am trying to stay positive! Hopefully I will be accepted somewhere! Congrats on having multiple acceptances!

1 hour ago, jdb10c said:

I was accepted to East Tennessee State University today! I'm very excited :)

Congrats!! I am so happy for you. I was accepted as well. It may be number 1 on my list right now. How about you? I know you are waiting to hear back from some more. 

2 hours ago, Lunalulu2 said:

Congrats!! I am so happy for you. I was accepted as well. It may be number 1 on my list right now. How about you? I know you are waiting to hear back from some more. 

@Lunalulu2 Yes, I am so excited!! And I am waiting to hear back from a couple more schools! I really liked Jacksonville University, so that may be my first choice for now! But if Jacksonville doesn't work out, I will go to ETSU! If we both go to ETSU, let me know if you need a roommate! Haha!

On March 11, 2016 at 8:04 AM, FloridaSpeechie said:

Any one else heard from Ucf?

I'm also waiting to hear back from UCF, did you hear anything yet?

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:43 PM, FloridaSpeechie said:

Not at all! I am at UCF for undergrad. My gre scores are 151 verbal and 149 quant and 3.5 on writing. My gpa is 3.7. What about you?

I don't know why I am just seeing this now! Lol. I went to FSU for undergrad, and did their Comm Dis Bridge program as well ( I majored in Psych, and also was in the Bridge program to have my Comm Dis prerequisites completed). My stats are in my signature :) I know we are also both waiting for Jacksonville! I am so nervous! Will you go to JU if you get in?

Edited by jdb10c

• 2 weeks later...
On March 1, 2016 at 10:23 AM, taeslp said:

Does anyone when Florida Atlantic University will be sending out their responses?!

I called them yesterday and they told me they had mailed out acceptance letters already and based on those replies would send out more. I guess that means I'm wait listed or rejected from that one!