Question for LIU Post Interviewees

I'm getting anxious waiting to hear back, and wondering if some of you will share about your interview experience?

Was there a certain vibe you got from the interviewer that maybe you were a good match/accepted? I ask because there were certain things she said to me that made it kind of sound like I would be accepted, but not sure if these were just generic things that everyone who interviewed was told! I know we all basically got the same questions, but just wondering what everyone's overall feel was at the end? Thanks!

During my interview, she said things like "when you come to Post..." which made me feel I had a strong chance. However, I had to do the writing sample which totally scared me and I am not feeling very confident about my chances with Post. Anxiously awaiting the committees meetings to see where I stand.

Writing is not my strong point, I was not prepared to do one on the spot. And in her explanations she said how they read the writing sample to decide if they look at the rest of your app which is why I am nervous

5 hours ago, Tish22 said:

Writing is not my strong point, I was not prepared to do one on the spot. And in her explanations she said how they read the writing sample to decide if they look at the rest of your app which is why I am nervous

Do you also mind sharing your stats/experience?

• 11 months later...
On 3/8/2016 at 6:00 PM, SLP2Bhopefully said:

I see. I'm sorry! What was the writing sample about?

sometimes your best writing can be done on the spot! I'm sure you'll be fine

Wait, so did you ask because you didn't need to do a writing sample during your interview? I have an interview with them so I'm trying to figure out if the writing sample was mandatory for all or not 

5 hours ago, jmk said:

I wonder how a writing sample is done for the Skype interviews...:/ 

Or if a writing sample is even done lol that just sounds like a pain in the butt to set up something like that ? 

8 hours ago, jmk said:

I wonder how a writing sample is done for the Skype interviews...:/ 

2 hours ago, SpeechLaedy said:

Or if a writing sample is even done lol that just sounds like a pain in the butt to set up something like that ? 

For my school that I am doing a Skype interview, we have to write an essay and take a picture or scan it to them.. :[

6 hours ago, kayyyyy_ said:

For my school that I am doing a Skype interview, we have to write an essay and take a picture or scan it to them.. :[

Do you write on the spot with them watching, or you're given a set amount of time after? 

33 minutes ago, jmk said:

Do you write on the spot with them watching, or you're given a set amount of time after? 

Given 30 minutes, not sure if they are watching or not. But it for sure has to be hand written. 

21 hours ago, SpeechLaedy said:

Wait, so did you ask because you didn't need to do a writing sample during your interview? I have an interview with them so I'm trying to figure out if the writing sample was mandatory for all or not 

You only need to do a writing sample if you scored below a 4 on the writing section of the GRE! 

5 minutes ago, speechie95 said:

You only need to do a writing sample if you scored below a 4 on the writing section of the GRE! 

It's sooooo funny you just said that because I literally JUST found that out while reading through old survey posts on here a minute ago lol Thank GOD for this forum. But I scored a 3.5 on my AW because I didn't finish my first essay in time so I most certainly will have to write something. Womp Womp ?

• 1 year later...