What schools are you waiting to hear from?

9 hours ago, jerseyspeechie said:

Still waiting to hear back from William Patterson, Bloomsburg, FAU, Nova Southeastern, WVU, Jacksonville, and Northern Arizona. Has anyone heard anything about any of these? I know WVU sent out some acceptances and so did Northern Arizona. 

I'm still waiting on Bloomsburg and WPU, too. I know WPU sent out some acceptances and waitlists on the 18th so I'm assuming I'm rejected. I have tried to contact them multiple times and no one ever answered or responded. I think someone said Bloomsburg was sending out notices this week or next so we should know soon!

13 minutes ago, slptobe92 said:

I'm still waiting on Bloomsburg and WPU, too. I know WPU sent out some acceptances and waitlists on the 18th so I'm assuming I'm rejected. I have tried to contact them multiple times and no one ever answered or responded. I think someone said Bloomsburg was sending out notices this week or next so we should know soon!

Do you think you'll get off the ODU waitlist? Is this your first time applying? Its been crazy competitive. Is it because we are in a recession or what? Are people going back to school? I feel like its going to keep getting more and more competitive. 

Its March30th and I still have yet to hear from Howard and UDC. 

LIKE SERIOUSLY. No rejection letters, no follow up , I ve tried to reach them without much response. I think UDC should be getting back to me this week. 

4 minutes ago, Rorororosy said:

Do you think you'll get off the ODU waitlist? Is this your first time applying? Its been crazy competitive. Is it because we are in a recession or what? Are people going back to school? I feel like its going to keep getting more and more competitive. 

I was told (kind of rudely, if I say so myself) that I am "a ways down" on the waitlist so I'm not getting my hopes up about it. This is my first year applying and even though I have 3 schools left to hear from I've kind of already resigned myself to the fact that this won't be my year and I'm compiling a list of schools to apply to in the spring. I knew it was competitive but not THIS competitive. I wish I had discovered this field before undergrad so I could have picked a school with a ComDis program because I would mostly likely be in grad school already. I think part of it is that this career keeps being advertised all over the place and so more and more people want to get into it. And that's great because we do need more SLP's, but the schools can't accommodate such a large number of students at one time so only the perfect GPA's and GRE scores get in because they have to go by numbers when they have such a huge pool of applicants. It stinks, to be honest.

10 hours ago, emilyf said:

thank you! Do you know if our portal would have changed? Mine says "under review" still. I guess a waitlist spot is better than a rejection. I'm just starting to get anxious since I have to make a decision really soon.

I'm not sure about the portal changing. Mine just changed to "waiting final grad review." I assume that means they are making a decision soon. He told me not to count on UNH in making my final decision... He said we should hear sometime in April

8 hours ago, slptobe92 said:

I was told (kind of rudely, if I say so myself) that I am "a ways down" on the waitlist so I'm not getting my hopes up about it. This is my first year applying and even though I have 3 schools left to hear from I've kind of already resigned myself to the fact that this won't be my year and I'm compiling a list of schools to apply to in the spring. I knew it was competitive but not THIS competitive. I wish I had discovered this field before undergrad so I could have picked a school with a ComDis program because I would mostly likely be in grad school already. I think part of it is that this career keeps being advertised all over the place and so more and more people want to get into it. And that's great because we do need more SLP's, but the schools can't accommodate such a large number of students at one time so only the perfect GPA's and GRE scores get in because they have to go by numbers when they have such a huge pool of applicants. It stinks, to be honest.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience this application season.  I don't know why some of these schools are so rude to their applicants (umm.. we want to give you money!). Your scores aren't that far off from mine.  I didn't have a communication disorders undergrad degree either.  I didn't apply for super top-notch schools and I think the East coast might be a little more competitive than where I applied as well.  There was a post somewhere in gradcafe from someone who sat down with an advisor and discussed the reasons she/he was not accepted.  I wish I could find that post again.  It sounded like the committee didn't feel that she/he was ready for grad school.  It may be worthwhile to try to get a meeting with someone at one or two of these schools to help improve your application for the next round.  I've seen people with awesome scores and experience not get in the first round.  It's hard to say what they're really looking for in a candidate.  Don't give up hope yet though.  It looks like you still have a couple of schools to hear from.

19 hours ago, jerseyspeechie said:

Still waiting to hear back from William Patterson, Bloomsburg, FAU, Nova Southeastern, WVU, Jacksonville, and Northern Arizona. Has anyone heard anything about any of these? I know WVU sent out some acceptances and so did Northern Arizona. 

I am an undergraduate student in the SPA program at WVU. Did you get an interview? If so and you got an email saying your application is under active consideration you are on the waitlist. WVU has sent out acceptances.

Edited by s4mm1
Grammar

22 hours ago, jerseyspeechie said:

Did you get that email from William Paterson today?

3 hours ago, jazspeaks said:

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience this application season.  I don't know why some of these schools are so rude to their applicants (umm.. we want to give you money!). Your scores aren't that far off from mine.  I didn't have a communication disorders undergrad degree either.  I didn't apply for super top-notch schools and I think the East coast might be a little more competitive than where I applied as well.  There was a post somewhere in gradcafe from someone who sat down with an advisor and discussed the reasons she/he was not accepted.  I wish I could find that post again.  It sounded like the committee didn't feel that she/he was ready for grad school.  It may be worthwhile to try to get a meeting with someone at one or two of these schools to help improve your application for the next round.  I've seen people with awesome scores and experience not get in the first round.  It's hard to say what they're really looking for in a candidate.  Don't give up hope yet though.  It looks like you still have a couple of schools to hear from.

Thank you for such a sweet reply, I really appreciate it :) My state of mind now is I'm not expecting to get in this season so if I do it'll be a nice surprise. Otherwise I feel extra prepared for another admissions season in the spring!

I'm still waiting to hear back from UCF for their summer program which starts in May, kinda starting to lose all hope in that one. I'm also waiting to hear from University of Cincinnati and I've seen several acceptances and wait lists but I've heard nothing, losing hope there as well. Starting to look for back up plans.  Keeping my fingers crossed though, anyone else in the same boat? 

13 minutes ago, alyc said:

I'm still waiting to hear back from UCF for their summer program which starts in May, kinda starting to lose all hope in that one. I'm also waiting to hear from University of Cincinnati and I've seen several acceptances and wait lists but I've heard nothing, losing hope there as well. Starting to look for back up plans.  Keeping my fingers crossed though, anyone else in the same boat? 

UCF requires a yes/no by April 1st for those admitted for summer, so hopefully starting tomorrow or the next day once people start turning down their acceptances they will send out more! Good luck!! 

16 minutes ago, speechietobe said:

UCF requires a yes/no by April 1st for those admitted for summer, so hopefully starting tomorrow or the next day once people start turning down their acceptances they will send out more! Good luck!! 

Awesome!! Thanks for that info, I was just starting to assume it wasn't going to happen. It's my #1 choice right now. Did you get accepted there for summer?!

On March 30, 2016 at 9:25 PM, Kslptobe said:

I still haven't heard from CSULB or CSUF ): why are they taking so long?!

I saw that someone posted an auto response from from CSUF department head said all admission decisions had been mad those who are on the waitlist have that listed on CSDCAS. Does anyone know where you would see that on CSDCAS?

Also, I know Long Beach has accepted and rejected people, I haven't heard a peep..hoping that is a good sign..but very unlikely

On March 24, 2016 at 4:59 PM, SLPwestcoast said:

Still waiting on ASU too!!  My portal says the same thing.  This is ridiculous!  I've also already been accepted but it would be nice to know.  

I called ASU this morning and they told me tomorrow or early next week we would know.

Applied to: CSUF,CSULA,SDSU,CSULB,Chapman, ASU, The University of South Dakota

Accepted: no where yet :(

Rejected: CSULA, SDSU, CSUF (assuming)

Waitlisted: South Dakota

1 hour ago, antsy_student said:

I saw that someone posted an auto response from from CSUF department head said all admission decisions had been mad those who are on the waitlist have that listed on CSDCAS. Does anyone know where you would see that on CSDCAS?

Also, I know Long Beach has accepted and rejected people, I haven't heard a peep..hoping that is a good sign..but very unlikely

I just checked CSDCAS for CSUF and I didn't see anything... I don't know if that's a good sign or I just couldn't find it? I also haven't heard from CSULB either. I haven't seen any rejections on here, but trying to stay positive! 

3 hours ago, Kslptobe said:

I just checked CSDCAS for CSUF and I didn't see anything... I don't know if that's a good sign or I just couldn't find it? I also haven't heard from CSULB either. I haven't seen any rejections on here, but trying to stay positive! 

I know CSULB sent rejections via mail 

7 hours ago, alyc said:

Awesome!! Thanks for that info, I was just starting to assume it wasn't going to happen. It's my #1 choice right now. Did you get accepted there for summer?!

I think you should still have faith! A few weeks back my professor told us that they had sent out some acceptances and all rejections and that if you hadn't heard anything that you were still in the running! Yes I'm starting in summer and our Facebook group only has like 12 members so don't lose hope :) just check your portal over the next week!

3 hours ago, Kslptobe said:

One of the SLPs at my hospital mentioned that CSULB never even bothered to send him a rejection letter.  I know I've heard that from another person, too.

47 minutes ago, Jolie717 said:

One of the SLPs at my hospital mentioned that CSULB never even bothered to send him a rejection letter.  I know I've heard that from another person, too.

Well that is kind of ridiculous considering the fact that I spent so much time applying there and they can't even bother to send a letter notifying me... Hopefully I'm still in the running,  I'm crossing my fingers. 

2 hours ago, speechietobe said:

I think you should still have faith! A few weeks back my professor told us that they had sent out some acceptances and all rejections and that if you hadn't heard anything that you were still in the running! Yes I'm starting in summer and our Facebook group only has like 12 members so don't lose hope :) just check your portal over the next week!

That is great news to hear lol! Now I'm going to be checking that portal constantly. I can't remember, do you know how many they accept for summer?

4 minutes ago, alyc said:

That is great news to hear lol! Now I'm going to be checking that portal constantly. I can't remember, do you know how many they accept for summer?

http://www.admin.graduate.ucf.edu/programprofile/

if you go to this website you can click on communication sciences and then fill in past semesters to see how many they accepted in the past!! 

9 hours ago, antsy_student said:

I called ASU this morning and they told me tomorrow or early next week we would know.

Applied to: CSUF,CSULA,SDSU,CSULB,Chapman, ASU, The University of South Dakota

Accepted: no where yet :(

Rejected: CSULA, SDSU, CSUF (assuming)

Waitlisted: South Dakota

I was rejected from ASU and CSULB... still no CSUF but assuming rejected.  Waitlisted CSUEB 

10 hours ago, SLPwestcoast said:

I was rejected from ASU and CSULB... still no CSUF but assuming rejected.  Waitlisted CSUEB 

I'm sorry to hear that ): crossing my fingers for CSUEB for you! 

Did CSULB send it through mail or email?