Petroleum Engineering Fall 2016 MS/PHD Profiles

JDeane

On 11 April 2016 at 3:12 PM, Lucky14 said:

@alligator Hey! This you should find really helpful https://engineering.tamu.edu/petroleum/people/staff

Look for someone who is responsible for graduate admission process (aka Coordinator). Remember your department is the one who makes the decision, not Office of Admission. I will suggest you contact Betty Robbins or Eleanor Schuler. If they had too much to handle, they will forward your inquiries to their assistants. I suggest you do that now. Best of luck!

In my case, I got the rejection letter from office of admission. Is it normal?

@davincr I am sorry to hear that. Your department has sent out rejection letter to Office of admission. That's when they officially inform you.

It isn't over yet. You can always re-apply next year. The first time I applied for grad school, I got rejected by ALL SCHOOLS, it wasn't even funny as I applied for some schools in Europe and some in America. All I got is rejection. The second time I didn't make the cut. This year I made it. So I suggest you to work hard and try again next year. You will get there. Best of luck!

Hello folks ,

Is there a group on social media ( Facebook / Whatsapp ) for people with fall admits to the MS programme in Petroleum at TAMU . I received my admit this week with the 2000 $ fellowship and the In State tuition rate. 

The coordinator replied to me to say that they have not made a decision yet. I'm still hoping...

Thank you, we will notify you as soon as a decision is made.

Eleanor V. Schuler '98

Graduate Program Coordinator

Harold Vance Department of Petroleum Engineering

401U Richardson Bldg.

Texas A&M University

e-schuler@tamu.edu

3116 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843

Tel. 979.845.8402 | Fax. 979.845.1307

http://engineering.tamu.edu/petroleum

Welcome to Aggieland

cid:image001.png@01D14FA0.7C316A70

Edited by thunderfly

Hi raulr29, I'm an international student (Gabon) and applied to the fall 2016 MS in Petroleum engineering at Texas A&M and I'm still waiting. I emailed the deptartment last Friday and haven't heard back yet. 

Edited by Afromouse

Hello everyone,I am an international student, I got an admit from TU delft in Netherlands and from University of Houston for Master in Petroleum Engineering for fall 16, both are without any scholarships. So, can anyone provide any inputs about the courses in these colleges, future prospects in terms of job and the research areas in which these colleges concentrate which can help me in finalizing a college. I know delft concentrates on reservoir and production engineering but could not find much info about Houston's research.

• 3 months later...

GPA: 3.04/4

Undergrad Institution: University of Pittsburgh (BS Chemical Engineering)

GRE: 

Q: 159

V: 156

A: 5.0/6

Experience:

Undergraduate Research - RO/Nanofiltration Treatment of Drilling Waste Water (Spring 2016) 

Research Assistant - Worked with hydraulic fracturing professor with various rock mechanic applications (Summer 2016)

Research - Working on delayed breakdown analysis of granite beams using Acoustic Emission data to characterize rate of breakdown (Current)

Research Interest:

Hydraulic Stimulation (fluids, rock mechanics, etc)

Schools Applied:

Colorado School of Mines

Penn State

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

University of Houston

University of Louisiana at Lafayette

University of Tulsa

Admitted:

University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Rejected:

University of Tulsa

In the acceptance letter for UL Lafayette, they encouraged me to get in contact with the department head. I would like to establish contact without committing, so what should I include in my first email to the department head, without it being offensive that they're not my #1 pick? Also, decision deadlines were not included for UL and I know some of the schools don't send decision letters for spring admission until later in the fall so I would like to get a step ahead in contact. Despite my lower GPA/average GRE scores, I am still holding out hope for other schools because I have worked at gaining more research based experience to improve from my fall applications. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!