Bedroom office vs Partly shared office

Fallen

I've always kinda worked in front of a TV, but now I need more monitor space for when I need to have articles + code + stackoverflow/documentation open. I was planning on setting up in my bedroom, but my dad suggested I set up in a free bedroom that is currently being used to store books and paperwork. 

It would essentially be a dedicated office, but I'd occasionally have people walking in and out to get books/paperwork. Would this be better than working out of where I sleep? 

@Fallen In my experience/opinion, having done both, I recommend going with the option of setting your office up in your spare room. If you can work with occasional distraction, I think that would be fine. My reasoning: a) it's important for work-life balance to keep your bed and your computer as far from each other as possible - your bedroom should be a place of rest, sanctuary, and fun; having it mentally associated with projects and deadlines is unhealthy.  b) having your computer in another room, in a formal office-space, helps to professionalize your work by disassociating it with other activities - i.e. this is the place I work, here I get get work done, i don't sleep here, I don't eat here, I don't surf the internet here, I work here. YMMV.

During undergrad, I had one small bedroom for all of my stuff (desk, computer, TV, and of course, my bed) and while attempting to do work I was always tempted to just take a "quick nap" or a "quick break." I spent a lot of time procrastinating because I did not have any dedicated space for school work. I would advice to take the separate room if you can. It may also be beneficial to you to learn to do work with occasional distractions.