Ages

JustChill

I'll be 39 in four days. Happy birthday to me! smile.gif

I'm hoping my age will be more of an asset than a hindrance. My rather unusual professional experiences over the last 15 years might show the admissions committee that I'm ambitious and self-directed. Fingers crossed.

Edited by LifeIsGood

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be 39 in four days. Happy birthday to me! smile.gif

I'm hoping my age will be more of an asset than a hindrance. My rather unusual professional experiences over the last 15 years might show the admissions committee that I'm ambitious and self-directed. Fingers crossed.

I found that to be the case; the only denial I received was from a very small program that gave preference to west coasters.

I started my MA program in September, at the tail end of my 40th year.

Are you serious?

yeah... but i mean, i'm graduating from college this year. on the one hand, i think it can be hard to come it at a young age to a grad program, but my parents are both academics so i think i have a pretty good idea of what the deal entails (more so than a lot of other students my age i think)

yeah... but i mean, i'm graduating from college this year. on the one hand, i think it can be hard to come it at a young age to a grad program, but my parents are both academics so i think i have a pretty good idea of what the deal entails (more so than a lot of other students my age i think)

Wow--where are you applying?