Not to increase anyone's heart rate...

solairne

... but we are officially in the month where people start hearing back about grad school from some places.

::panic::

True, this is an exciting month. But we should also savour these last moments when everything is still possible. We may still get a perfect score with only fully funded acceptances, we may still get into our dream school, move to exciting places... In a month this might have vanished and we might be facing a depressing pile of rejections.

Good luck to all of you!

True, this is an exciting month. But we should also savour these last moments when everything is still possible. We may still get a perfect score with only fully funded acceptances, we may still get into our dream school, move to exciting places... In a month this might have vanished and we might be facing a depressing pile of rejections.

Good luck to all of you!

That is true. And depressing.

I've been in panic mode for a while now. I was first contacted on February 4th last year.

Edited by joro

As much as I like the potential, I really wish I could just hurry up and find out for sure what I'll be doing come September (or, in the case of one school I've heard back from, July). Thankfully most of my programs seem to let people know within the next week or two.

As much as I like the potential, I really wish I could just hurry up and find out for sure what I'll be doing come September (or, in the case of one school I've heard back from, July). Thankfully most of my programs seem to let people know within the next week or two.

Agreed. Although I won't know nearly that soon. I just want to know. I may take this back later if I get a handful of rejections and want to return to my "ignorance is bliss" status...but for now I just want to know.

All I have to do is literally THINK about getting that email etc (especially rejection), and my heart rate immediately increases. I want to know so badly and I can't stand the waiting...but once the end of January hits--and I know a couple of my programs will be contacting people for interviews--and then February--every day I will wake up with my heart pounding.

All I have to do is literally THINK about getting that email etc (especially rejection), and my heart rate immediately increases. I want to know so badly and I can't stand the waiting...but once the end of January hits--and I know a couple of my programs will be contacting people for interviews--and then February--every day I will wake up with my heart pounding.

I'm already so jumpy that the first thing I think of when I awake is to check my email just in case I get an early response, even when I know it's the holidays. When my alarm clock rings, I'll press snooze and immediately turn on my laptop. By the next snooze (5 min), I can login to windows, and by the third snooze, open my internet browser to check my email. It's such an automatic process that I can do this when I'm half asleep!

I'm already so jumpy that the first thing I think of when I awake is to check my email just in case I get an early response, even when I know it's the holidays. When my alarm clock rings, I'll press snooze and immediately turn on my laptop. By the next snooze (5 min), I can login to windows, and by the third snooze, open my internet browser to check my email. It's such an automatic process that I can do this when I'm half asleep!

OMG!!! I was not going to admit to this but since you did, I will, too! LOL

I have even -- I kid you not -- slept with my laptop IN MY BED, all the better to logon quickly before my first cup of coffee. :/ I'm sick. Just sick.

My application dealines start in Feb and go through March, so I'm not expecting to hear back this month. However, I did turn my stuff in early, so maybe I will...no way of knowing. Good luck to everyone who is supposed to hear back this month!!

Honestly, I wouldn't feel so bad if I had to wait a year and apply again...except that I really don't want to make my LOR writers put up with another 5-10 applications!

Exactly. It's really the LOR writers that are stressing me out. I could apply again but I really just don't want to have to ask them to write again, and since I'm not in school right now, there really aren't people who know me any better.

i bought a blackberry for that on christmas... no waiting, instant check, even when i wake up in the middle of the night...

I'm working abroad right now so I am 12 hrs ahead of North America and bored for most of the day. I'm doing some editing while waiting around for endless meetings to begin and I just added my email to google desktop so I don't have to go to the webpage every second and can glance at any new messages to avoid obsessive logging in.. I'll see how this works and adjust accordingly.

It feels like the start of the NBA playoffs, you know something is going to happen every day and even if your team is not playing you will be looking at the other teams' fates. Except I do not need to win a majority of games to win the title, I just need the one acceptance. Just one. Sigh.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, now we are really entering the money time. I just checked the results page and there have been so many posts over the past few days. Thank god none was for the schools I have applied to but the pressure is now reaching its maximum. I cannot wait any longer, I have pushmail on my phone and I still feel the need to refresh it every 20 min; and the first thing I do in the morning is check whether there is a little green light glowing indicating a new mail has arrived. Also, I now hate facebook because of all the email it sends and each time my heart skips a beat thinking this one might be THE one...