Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

3 minutes ago, Monody said:

Ay. I may also write a short email to Gelman and ask whether Columbia can offer comparable training to NYU's. 

It doesn't have to be awkward. It's a great way to get some books across the Atlantic without paying for shipping.

This is a good idea, but I think Columbia is a good substantive fit for you anyways. And waiting around for a waitlist when you have a comparable or better option may not be worth it. 

1 minute ago, polisci13542 said:

Do you guys think its over for yale?

Give it an hour, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Mike_Novick said:

Rejected by Cornell (I'm becoming good at this). 366 applicants this year, according to the letter sent by e-mail.

Same here.... sigh. Claiming the rejection boldly, Ithaca would have been fun, but my wife will not be upset about avoiding the snow. 

1 hour ago, VMcJ said:

An acceptance by Notre Dame just appeared on the results page.

Of course that would happen. I said yesterday that I expected results this week from everybody, EXCEPT Notre Dame. :lol:

LOL, sounds like it was real, but still, that's my theory on how trolling determines what it does. They are a crafty bunch.

1 minute ago, Comparativist said:

So I had mostly calmed down this cycle. But I haven't been this anxious since Berkeley/Princeton day. Desperation is probably setting in.

same for me. If Yale is all out, then all I'm waiting for is Michigan and Harvard. 

@RevTheory1126 I really hope the email from ND wasn't a figment of my imagination! The PoI told me last week on my Skype call that decisions should be out this week, at the very latest next. But the email does say the official letter from the  Graduate School should follow soon so no idea if some offers just come directly from the Graduate school. 

2 minutes ago, resDQ said:

same for me. If Yale is all out, then all I'm waiting for is Michigan and Harvard. 

Yeah, Harvard would be the last stand. And at this point - not a chance in hell I'm getting accepted so it would be pretty much over.

2 minutes ago, HermioneWannabe said:

I also got a UMich rejection email. Man today has been harsh. 

I was 99% sure they wouldn't accept me (Duke was a better fit and I didn't even make the waitlist there, same for UCSD), but it is still not a great way to end the week.