Media/Film Studies 2017 Applications

tunamelt

On 1/27/2017 at 5:28 AM, clauderains said:

Hello, fellow watchers and waiters!

I applied to the following:

• UT-Austin--MA (previously accepted for Fall 2015; chose to go after a job which ultimately went nowhere :/) 
  • USC--PhD
  • UMich--PhD
  • UPitt (w/English)--PhD
  • Yale (w/American Studies)--PhD

Still haven't heard from any of them. My focus was fairly narrow--or, at the very least, made me decide against applying to schools like Harvard, UChicago and Brown--I'd like to focus on bisexuality in media, particularly subtextual bisexuality in Old Hollywood/Code films. (Think Captain Renault in Casablanca, for example.) I also applied to several schools in writing for film/television (NYU, Northwestern, LIU, LMU, UT-Austin [again!]), and I'm accepted at one already (LIU), so all hope is not lost if I don't get into a film and media studies program, but I know I'd be happier/more satisfied as an academic who happens to do creative work in their (rare) spare time than a creative who tries to do academic work in their (rare) spare time. Irregardless, I'll be working with what I love, so I'm trying to keep hope alive. 

Well, that's me. 

Well, I got rejected from all my "academic programs," but I got accepted into LIU, LMU and Boston! I'll be attending Boston to get my MS in Television, where I'll also be a teaching assistant. Hopefully, I'll be applying to PhD programs again for entrance in Fall 2019, but for now, I look forward to spending some time in Boston learning more about Television. 

What's everyone else up to, as April 15th fast approaches?

• 7 months later...