Media/Film Studies 2017 Applications

tunamelt

8 hours ago, dreamsfrombunkerhill said:

@brogan4334 Congratulations on your acceptances!  Did your notification from UCB include any stats regarding admissions?  Haven't heard back from them yet and I'm curious.

Thanks! The email mentioned that there were around 100 applicants but nothing specific about how many were offered admission.

1 hour ago, dreamsfrombunkerhill said:

Just Skype interviewed with Stanford.  It was.... painful.

@dreamsfrombunkerhill oh noooo! im sure it was better than you thought - maybe they pushed and tested you because they thought you were a strong candidate? 
did they said when you would hear back?

Hi folks, I have been accepted into UC Irvine PhD Visual Studies Program! It's my first acceptance after 2 formal and 1 implicit rejections; It's mid Feb and I was almost convinced that I had been rejected everywhere else and TOTALLY freaking out. Now I can relax a bit and wait for the remaining few knowing that I will be able to go somewhere in the fall :lol:

14 hours ago, Outbound said:

Hi folks, I have been accepted into UC Irvine PhD Visual Studies Program! It's my first acceptance after 2 formal and 1 implicit rejections; It's mid Feb and I was almost convinced that I had been rejected everywhere else and TOTALLY freaking out. Now I can relax a bit and wait for the remaining few knowing that I will be able to go somewhere in the fall :lol:

wooo congrats!! Whats your interest area? and where else are you waiting to hear back from? good luck with our other acceptances!

7 hours ago, tunamelt said:

wooo congrats!! Whats your interest area? and where else are you waiting to hear back from? good luck with our other acceptances!

@tunamelt Thanks! I have a niche area of interest in video game studies. I'm still waiting to hear back from Brown MCM and UC Santa Barbara. Not too optimistic about Brown but fingers crossed...

Has anyone heard back from or received interview requests from Northwestern Screen Cultures PhD program? According to past years' results, they should be holding campus interview at the end to this month, meaning they should have sent out interview requests by now....

Also, seems like NYU MCC has already sent out some interview requests last Friday :( i suppose there's not much hope in getting in anymore unless they haven't sent out all the interview request yet.... 

Hi all,

I applied to Columbia Film Studies MA and NYU Cinema Studies MA.

Anyone knows when will Columbia send out offers? 

Edited by Shoo

anyone already got admitted to any school for *masters* not phd? Seems like no school starts sending offers? Kinda weird.

Edited by LLL_

On 3/2/2017 at 0:47 PM, samjays said:

Okay. I'd be curious to hear what are everyone's safety schools and have you heard from them?  

I have a fellowship offer from Berkeley and was just waitlisted at Iowa, one of my "safety" schools. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 6:27 PM, dreamsfrombunkerhill said:

Anyone have news of acceptances/rejections yet?  I was called on Thursday by USC and offered a fully funded position in their Cinema and Media Studies MA program!  I applied to the Ph.D., but I'll take anything!!

Ok I am über late discovering this thread, but I had the same thing happen with USC + applied to Berkeley and haven't heard anything yet either! Any idea what you'll do??