USC MSW 2017

TAN_491

@12sliders Best luck to you!!! I believe you can get in!!! I haven't accepted the offer yet. I also applied to UCLA and I am still waiting for the result. USC is expensive and I want to delay my decision until I receive more information about scholarships. 

@TAN_491 They sent me an email inviting me to apply to the Dean's Leadership Scholarship. Besides that, I haven't received information about any other scholarship by far. How about you?

@12sliders Best luck to you!!! I believe you can get in!!! I haven't accepted the offer yet. I also applied to UCLA and I am still waiting for the result. USC is expensive and I want to delay my decision until I receive more information about scholarships. 

@TAN_491 They sent me an email inviting me to apply to the Dean's Leadership Scholarship. Besides that, I haven't received information about any other scholarship by far. How about you?

so it looks like it took about 2 months after you submitted your application to receive your acceptance notification? did they notify you via E-mail? I also applied for UCLA and CSULB, but they don't have rolling admissions like USC does. I believe UCLA decisions are due mid-March to end of March. GOOD LUCK!

Edited by emily18ma

On 1/29/2017 at 0:33 PM, fkk16672 said:

Hey I applied to USC for their MSW program on January 20th, 2017. Received a notification that my application is under review right now and they'll let me know in 2-4 months. Hopefully they reach an early decision. My stats aren't that great. 2.8 GPA, being a bio major screwed me over. But I'm a super strong writer so hopefully my personal statement, letters of rec and experience redeem me in some ways, made the dean's list in my last two semesters so hopefully they notice all of this. Wish you the best of luck!

@fkk16672: i applied around the same time as you (1/30) and just received a notification that they will let me know in 2-4 months. Can you let me know when you start getting notifications from USC?

9 hours ago, pandapanda said:

Nope, I'm pretty bummed out. At the info session they said that once a person is admitted, you will know on that same day if you received the MSW Scholarship award, which is awarded to you based on your overall application. I honestly thought I would have received some funding, oh well. :mellow:

23 hours ago, emily18ma said:

so it looks like it took about 2 months after you submitted your application to receive your acceptance notification? did they notify you via E-mail? I also applied for UCLA and CSULB, but they don't have rolling admissions like USC does. I believe UCLA decisions are due mid-March to end of March. GOOD LUCK!

I applied for UCLA and CSULB too! Haven't heard back from any of them though...

On 2017/2/24 at 2:03 AM, emily18ma said:

That's right, it took about 2 months. They notified my using E-mail first, saying that I was admitted, then I received another email telling me to check the update on youSC. It is so hard to wait.:wacko:  Best luck to you too!!!!

On 2/25/2017 at 0:46 AM, pandapanda said:

That's right, it took about 2 months. They notified my using E-mail first, saying that I was admitted, then I received another email telling me to check the update on youSC. It is so hard to wait.:wacko:  Best luck to you too!!!!

@pandapanda ah ok cool, thanks for the quick reply! Congratulations again! :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone! it's so nice to have a platform here to share resources and news. after weeks of anxiously reading posts and waiting on admissions decisions, I can finally say I have been admitted into USC! I'm still waiting on UCLA, which is my first choice, but it's nice to know I have a school to attend in the Fall. 

If this is helpful for others:

• Application was marked as completed and under faculty review on 2/21
  • Notified of admission decision today (3/9) at 3:00 PM via E-mail
  • Undergraduate Degree: B.A. Economics,  UC Irvine
  • Cumulative GPA: 3.45
  • I have 5 years of advertising experience, and wanted to pivot to Social Work a year ago. Since then, I have been doing volunteer work in the evenings. I have a little over 1 year of volunteer experience. I have also completed additional training certifications in social work related fields. 
Edited by emily18ma

Hey! I am excited to start in the fall, but will be coming from Boston and don't really know CA that well. Does anyone know of a USC facebook group or more formal forum to join? Does anyone know the average class size for the msw program? Also (my last question!) is anyone else applying to the philanthropy scholarships? 

@GraceB2017 I have tried looking for a Facebook forum but have not seen one yet. From what I have noticed, it seems like the students start it. Since you have already gotten accepted maybe you can look into beginning one if that interests you? If not I'm sure someone will begin one soon enough :)

14 hours ago, TAN_491 said:

Has anyone heard back from any scholarships?? (Deans or Philanthropic) :wacko:

Not yet. I called and they said they would notify us by April 7th, which is today!!!!!

5 hours ago, winni said:

Not yet. I called and they said they would notify us by April 7th, which is today!!!!!

Thanks so much for the update! I am so nervous now haha

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, INA127 said:

@TAN_491 @winni I was told we would hear back on June 1st if we did receive something. The deadline for both applications was April 14th. So hopefully one more month!

Thanks for the update! I don't think I'll go to usc if I don't receive the scholarship, and neither can I wait until June 1st, which is sooooo late!!

• 2 weeks later...