Fall 2017: Chemical, Environmental, Material Science Engineering and Related Programs Application Status

K_D

I am applying to a few programs in Chemical Engineering and Environmental Engineering in the USA. Out of a total of 12, I have already applied to 8 programs. I will finish applying to the rest in the next two weeks.

This thread is an attempt to bring together all applicants who will be joining Chemical Engineering and related programs like Environmental Engineering and Material Science. The reason for bringing these programs together is the common pool of applicants who apply there.

The purposes of this thread are following-

1. Share possible good programs to apply to.

2. Share profiles of fellow applicants applying to the same programs.

3. Application related queries (official transcript related, possible answers to application requirements and so on)

4. Updates about application status.

5. Updates about admits and/ or rejects.

6. Bringing together applicants admitted to same universities.

All the best!

I am going to or applied to the following universities-

1. Ohio State University (OSU)
2. Texas A&M University (TAMU)

3. Carnegie Mellon University (CMU)
4. U of Washington, Seattle (UW)
5. U of California, Riverside (UCR)
6. Georgia Institute of Technology  (GaTech)

7. Columbia University
8. University of Maryland, College Park (UMD)
9. University of Massachusetts, Amherst (UMass)
10. University of Florida (UFL)
11. SUNY, Buffalo
12. Rutgers University

On 12/18/2016 at 11:15 PM, K_D said:

I am going to or applied to the following universities-

1. Ohio State University (OSU)
2. Texas A&M University (TAMU)

3. Carnegie Mellon University (CMU)
4. U of Washington, Seattle (UW)
5. U of California, Riverside (UCR)
6. Georgia Institute of Technology  (GaTech)

7. Columbia University
8. University of Maryland, College Park (UMD)
9. University of Massachusetts, Amherst (UMass)
10. University of Florida (UFL)
11. SUNY, Buffalo
12. Rutgers University

Hi there! Have you heard back from UCR? Also, there's a topic started by chemistry peeps here: 

And Materials Science and Engineering one (started by me, not much action so far):

On 12/21/2016 at 3:56 AM, shur42 said:

Hi there! Have you heard back from UCR? Also, there's a topic started by chemistry peeps here: 

And Materials Science and Engineering one (started by me, not much action so far):

Hey! No, I havn't heard back from UCR yet. They acknowledged the receipt of my transcript only a few days ago.
Do you have any idea when we will start hearing back from them?

Thanks for the topic suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

I am applying to master programs in Environmental Engineering. I also applied to OSU, CMU and UW, and am still filling in some other applications. While I have heard that programs like CS and IEOR in OSU, UMN and JHU have been releasing results, nothing happens with Environmental or Chemical Engineering in these schools. I guess it may take one or two more months.

Hi!

I recently got accepted into UT Austin for a PhD in ChemE. It's fully funded and I like the research being done there, so I'm not sure if I should bother applying to more schools.

I've already applied to Yale, Carnegie Mellon, UC Riverside.

Thinking of applying to Washington University in St. Louis, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and NC State. Anyone know of the reputation of the ChemE programs at these schools? If they're not so great, I think I'd rather not apply. Would love to hear from anyone with knowledge on these schools. Thanks! :)