Fall 2010 Admission Results

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.._,,-~ā€™ā€™ā€™ĀÆĀÆĀÆā€™ā€™~-,,

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..,-ā€˜ā€™ ; ; ;_,,---,,_ ; ;ā€™ā€™-,ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.._,,,---,,_

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.,ā€™ ; ; ;,-ā€˜ , , , , , ā€˜-, ; ;ā€™-,,,,---~~ā€™ā€™ā€™ā€™ā€™ā€™~--,,,_ā€¦..,,-~ā€™ā€™ ; ; ; ;__;ā€™-,

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.| ; ; ;,ā€™ , , , _,,-~ā€™ā€™ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ĀÆā€™ā€™~ā€™-,,_ ,,-~ā€™ā€™ , , ā€˜, ;ā€™,

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.ā€™, ; ; ā€˜-, ,-~ā€™ā€™ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;ā€™ā€™-, , , , , ,ā€™ ; |

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€™, ; ;,ā€™ā€™ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;ā€™-, , ,-ā€˜ ;,-ā€˜

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.,ā€™-ā€˜ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;ā€™ā€™-ā€˜ ;,,-ā€˜

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..,ā€™ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;__ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ā€˜-,ā€™

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦,-ā€˜ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-ā€˜ā€™ĀÆ: : ā€™ā€™-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _ ; ; ; ; ;ā€™,

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..,ā€™ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;| : : : : : ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-ā€˜ā€™ĀÆ: ĀÆā€™ā€™-, ; ; ;ā€™,

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.,ā€™ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ā€˜-,_: : _,-ā€˜ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; | : : : : : ; ; ; |

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦,ā€™ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ĀÆĀÆ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;ā€™-,,_ : :,-ā€˜ ; ; ; ;|

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..,-ā€˜ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-~ā€™ā€™ , , , , ,,,-~~-, , , , _ ; ; ;ĀÆĀÆ ; ; ; ; ;|

..ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦,-ā€˜ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,ā€™ , , , , , , ,( : : : : , , , ,ā€™ā€™-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.,-ā€˜ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;ā€™, , , , , , , , ,ā€™~---~ā€™ā€™ , , , , , ,ā€™ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;ā€™,

ā€¦ā€¦.,-ā€˜ā€™ ; _, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ā€˜ā€™~-,,,,--~~ā€™ā€™ā€™ĀÆā€™ā€™ā€™~-,,_ , ,_,-ā€˜ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ā€˜,

ā€¦.,-ā€˜ā€™-~ā€™ā€™,-ā€˜ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; | ; ; | . . . . . . ,ā€™; ,ā€™ā€™ĀÆ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,_ ; ā€˜-,

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.,ā€™ ; ;,-, ; ;, ; ; ;, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ā€˜, ; ;ā€™, . . . . ., Political Science Job Rumors dummy!

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦,ā€™-~ā€™ ,-ā€˜-~ā€™ā€™ ā€˜, ,-ā€˜ ā€˜, ,,- ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ā€˜, ; ; ā€˜~-,,,-ā€˜ā€™ ; ,ā€™ ; ; ; ; ā€˜, ;,-ā€˜ā€™ ; ā€˜, ,-ā€˜,

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.,-ā€˜ā€™ ; ; ; ; ; ā€˜ā€™ ; ; ;ā€™ā€™ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ā€˜ā€™-,,_ ; ; ; _,-ā€˜ ; ; ; ; ; ;ā€™-ā€˜ā€™ ; ; ; ā€˜ā€™ ; ;ā€™-,

ā€¦ā€¦..,-ā€˜ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;ĀÆĀÆā€™ā€™ĀÆ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;ā€™ā€™-,

It looks like the entire prospective grad students subforum has been deleted and Rossiya and APGradApplicants' threads were removed. Probably for the best because it was getting ugly.

As someone new to this forum: what site are you talking about? PSJR?

PSJR = Political Science Job Rumours

Less about job rumours and more about snark.

It looks like the entire prospective grad students subforum has been deleted and Rossiya and APGradApplicants' threads were removed. Probably for the best because it was getting ugly.

The forum and the threads are all still there.

Edited by Bobb Cobb

I just want some news from Brandeis! Please!!

Did you try contacting them? I tried e-mailing but they did not say a word as to when the decisions would be out.

I'm starting to get worried that they will pull the last year's prank on us again!

In regards to Brandeis. A few folks on here have emailed them and have indicated that 1)They will be admitting a new cohort, so we won't have a repeat of last year 2)The adcomm was supposed to meet end of Feb/beginning of March and 3)The response emails implied that they didn't want to be bothered by emails from undergrads right now (which is understandable), so I decided to hold off on emailing them.

In regards to Brandeis. A few folks on here have emailed them and have indicated that 1)They will be admitting a new cohort, so we won't have a repeat of last year 2)The adcomm was supposed to meet end of Feb/beginning of March and 3)The response emails implied that they didn't want to be bothered by emails from undergrads right now (which is understandable), so I decided to hold off on emailing them.

Yeah I also heard they would accept 4 and expect a class of three (cozy :P )

How did you hear the adcomm would meet late feb/early march?

I don't feel too bad about it. I've known this one was coming for weeks now.

At this point I'm pretty much just waiting for the rest of my rejections to trickle in so I can commit. :-P I might be holding out a tiny ounce of hope for Vanderbilt or WashU, but that's it.

I received an email from USC Financial Aid asking for me to submit a supplemental form in order for them to process my application for financial aid. I find this kind of odd since I haven't been told I was accepted to USC. None of the other schools (which rejected me) have asked for any financial aid forms to be completed. Could this mean I've been accepted and not been notified yet, or am I just reading too much into it?

EDIT: It seems others have received this, as well. So, I'm going to try not to read too much into it.

Edited by allevolve

IN AT GEORGETOWN!!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY!!!! THERE IS HOPE FOR ALL OF YOU WHO THINK THEY'RE NOT DONE ADMITTING

WOO HOO!!!!!1!!!!1!!!!

Congrats!!!! How were you contacted? Was it a mass e-mail?

Finally rejected by Chicago; completely expected at this point. I was admitted to MAPSS, which makes me feel a little better, at least.

I also got into the MAPSS - half scholarship (the tuition is ridiculous btw i think $43,000 a year). But with a full funding offer, its not really an option.

Congrats!!!! How were you contacted? Was it a mass e-mail?

E-mail from the department; it says that I'll be receiving an official notice from the Dean of the Graduate School shortly.

I had already given up hope (0 for everywhere so far), so this is pretty sweet news.

Now about that funding....

E-mail from the department; it says that I'll be receiving an official notice from the Dean of the Graduate School shortly.

I had already given up hope (0 for everywhere so far), so this is pretty sweet news.

Now about that funding....

Congratulations! What is your subfield? Still waiting to hear from Georgetown ...

Here's what appears to be going on at Georgetown. I received an email sent to 24 students inviting us to a prospective students day on March 26. However, the department accepted 92 students last year. So I'm guessing that means they still have to accept another 70-odd students! The catch is that they're only likely to fund those who have received news so far (they funded 8 PhD candidates last year).