Fall 2010 Admission Results

Hey guys- Just to let you know I plan to withdraw my offer from FSU sometime next week. I know that there were a couple of people who at one point or another during this long process said that they were wait-listed there. Hope my move next week will help someone!

At this point, I am likely to attend UC-Davis next fall. However, in the event that I am taken off of Rochester's wait list, about which I should find out sometime in the next two weeks or so, then I am going to have to decide between those two. Fitting that one of the most impatient applicants like myself has seen their selection process dragged out until the very, very end...

Edited by APGradApplicant

Hey guys- Just to let you know I plan to withdraw my offer from FSU sometime next week. I know that there were a couple of people who at one point or another during this long process said that they were wait-listed there. Hope my move next week will help someone!

At this point, I am likely to attend UC-Davis next fall. However, in the event that I am taken off of Rochester's wait list, about which I should find out sometime in the next two weeks or so, then I am going to have to decide between those two. Fitting that one of the most impatient applicants like myself has seen their selection process dragged out until the very, very end...

Anything in particular about fsu that dissuaded you from attending? Just curious since I am visiting next week. Feel free to pm me.

PS: to give you an idea about the letter (mass email to all rejected persons) I received in the email (and I would be grateful if someone could decipher it for me lol ) :

Let me try to decipher... I was so pissed off when I got the e-mail (not because I was rejected - I kinda got used to it and I was expecting it anyway), I came really close to replying. I got another e-mail on the very same day from Financial Aid Office, asking me to send additional documents. (I will send the documents, who knows maybe I will get some financial support - obviously admission and financial aid have no connection at all).

Dear applicant:

We are lazy, rude, and have no idea about information technologies. So here you go, we won't even write down your name.

Our apologies for not responding to you sooner, but decision-making had entered the nuanced, final stages and we needed confirmation from all the key players concerned as to how we would proceed.

We made you wait four months to make sure we have enough students. Now, as we do, we will let you know about the decision.

This year, we had, by some measures, the strongest applicant pool ever: an admission rate of 12%, from among 125 applicants.

Well, we were going to tell you that this year we had the strongest pool, but we didn't want to make you feel even slightly better.

Although you have not been admitted at this time, we encourage you to apply again in the future.

This part is just ridiculous.

USC made us wait for four months. They sent rejections two months after acceptances. Meanwhile, when people called, they didn't say anything about rejections.... Real classy, what can I say... Who knows, maybe I will get some financial aid at the end of the day. It looks like they are still reviewing my application ;)

I was accepted to University of Oklahoma, U Penn, SIUC, WKU, USC & Brandeis.

Finally decided: It's Brandeis! :)

Do you mean PhD in PoliSci for those programs? (sorry, had to ask since you seem to be an MA student in Anthro.).

Just turned down a funded offer at GWU, fyi....

Crazy. Where are you plan on attending next Fall?

Sadly, I don't think your decision affects those of us who didn't receive funding. According to Keri Apostle, funding offers included anticipated decliners. Sigh...

Has anyone heard from UC San Diego (IR/PS) about Ph.D admits? I see a few M.A. acceptances, but have not seen any mention of the Ph.D program. The application deadline was in early Decemberā€”this wait is just as bad as USC.

Let me try to decipher... I was so pissed off when I got the e-mail (not because I was rejected - I kinda got used to it and I was expecting it anyway), I came really close to replying. I got another e-mail on the very same day from Financial Aid Office, asking me to send additional documents. (I will send the documents, who knows maybe I will get some financial support - obviously admission and financial aid have no connection at all).

We are lazy, rude, and have no idea about information technologies. So here you go, we won't even write down your name.

We made you wait four months to make sure we have enough students. Now, as we do, we will let you know about the decision.

Well, we were going to tell you that this year we had the strongest pool, but we didn't want to make you feel even slightly better.

This part is just ridiculous.

USC made us wait for four months. They sent rejections two months after acceptances. Meanwhile, when people called, they didn't say anything about rejections.... Real classy, what can I say... Who knows, maybe I will get some financial aid at the end of the day. It looks like they are still reviewing my application ;)

LOL! Well aren't you lucky! :lol: That way, you can say you got a funded non-offer! :lol:

Real classy of USC, yeah .... :angry: I'll make sure to apply next year too - maybe I'll get a funded non-offer ? :rolleyes:

Scary to think that barring some kind of freak occurrence, all of us who've been admitted some place will have made a decision in two and a half weeks! Best of luck to everyone for whom things are still uncertain! I'm trying my best to survive!

Edited by APGradApplicant

Awesome! You deserved it.

Since it was an e-mail acceptance, and my inbox is empty, I assume destination CUNY for me :)

I'm sorry you didn't get into Brandeis, but isn't it nice to finally know where you're giong to be next year? To start making plans, learning everything about the school, city, etc.? You're going to have a great time in NYC :).

I'm sorry you didn't get into Brandeis, but isn't it nice to finally know where you're giong to be next year? To start making plans, learning everything about the school, city, etc.? You're going to have a great time in NYC :).

I probably didn't. Although it sort of sucks, I was more into CUNY anyways. NYC will be good, but the irony is that I only got accepted by the very state school I was almost not gonna apply to because of the $125 fee and paper-copy references. Besides, it still feels like I am not much of a good candidate after the results :)

Don't lose hope yet, curufinwe, it's not official until you receive a letter.

Best of luck!

Hehe come on dude, we all know how it works. If you don't get an e-mail when others are...

No harm though, as I said, it won't change anything other than me feeling more and more stupid :)

Okay,

No reply from Rutgers, so email them. I am done with applications and have accepted an offer. They say they are still reviewing my application. Why?

Haven't all the decisions been made?

Okay,

No reply from Rutgers, so email them. I am done with applications and have accepted an offer. They say they are still reviewing my application. Why?

Haven't all the decisions been made?

Did you check your web status? I saw on the results page that many people didn't receive an email. They just checked their status for the answer. If there is still no decision, you might want to call and ask. I know they didn't send out all acceptances at once.