Fall 2010 Admission Results

I don't have proof, but I would think it might be the case. I spoke to professors at other schools and in different departments conversationally (business, econ, polisci) and the words "record numbers" were often used.

Wow, two years in a row of that sort of talk.

is it foolish/naive to hope that NYU didn't send out all their acceptances at once, since it was towards the end of the day? this seems to be the 3rd de facto rejection (Madison, Pittsburgh, and now NYU) I've gotten due to hearing about other people's acceptances and I'm starting to get discouraged... I hate that the schools don't let you know if you got rejected til later!

Just out of curiosity, and to give the methods folks a project to keep them busy while we all wait on other schools :P, what do you suppose would be the probability of being accepted by every public school and rejected by every private school to which one applied? My Berkeley acceptance, what would appear to be an NYU rejection, and my previous results from Madison and Stanford have me wondering...

I like to think that, once the acceptances appear on the results page, if i dont get any emails... i am rejected.So far, nothing has proven me wrong and I hate false hopes. Besides, with the competition of this year, I assume my degrees from nobody-cares-from-some-country-I-dont-know-where eliminated me already.

is it foolish/naive to hope that NYU didn't send out all their acceptances at once, since it was towards the end of the day? this seems to be the 3rd de facto rejection (Madison, Pittsburgh, and now NYU) I've gotten due to hearing about other people's acceptances and I'm starting to get discouraged... I hate that the schools don't let you know if you got rejected til later!

are you sure that Pittsburgh already sent out all of it admission letters? Would you say that everybody that was acepted have already been notified?

thanks

are you sure that Pittsburgh already sent out all of it admission letters? Would you say that everybody that was acepted have already been notified?

thanks

I don't really know, but I saw one or two on this forum somewhere. so I really couldn't say if everyone has been notified, no.

I am very pleased to let you know that your application to the Ph.D. program in Political Science at UCSD was enthusiastically approved by the Admissions Committee.

I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW! I DID NOT EXPECT THIS IN ANY WAY! I just found out four minutes ago in the middle of my econometrics class and the shock on my face caught my teachers attention and made me tell the whole class what was up!

I can sleep again.

PS

"We will be in contact with you soon with more information on the open house. In addition, I will be sending you a letter with the terms of our financial offer on or before March 1. "

Edited by tskinner

I am very pleased to let you know that your application to the Ph.D. program in Political Science at UCSD was enthusiastically approved by the Admissions Committee.

I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW! I DID NOT EXPECT THIS IN ANY WAY! THIS WAS MY TOP CHOICE OVER ANY PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY! I just found out four minutes ago in the middle of my econometrics class and the shock on my face caught my teachers attention and made me tell the whole class what was up!

I can sleep again.

PS

"We will be in contact with you soon with more information on the open house. In addition, I will be sending you a letter with the terms of our financial offer on or before March 1. "

Congratulations! That's excellent!

I am in as well... So in relation to my earlier post on this page, make that 3-for-3 at public universities!

I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW! I DID NOT EXPECT THIS IN ANY WAY! I just found out four minutes ago in the middle of my econometrics class and the shock on my face caught my teachers attention and made me tell the whole class what was up!

I can sleep again.

PS

Congratulations!! Now you don't have to work for Tom ;)

And congrats to the NYU admits...still a waiting game for some of us....

Congratz to all UCSD people.

Though it is starting to get depressing, with no acceptances and 2 rejections so far, reading all these awesome people getting into awesome schools.

Drinking helps ;)

same here 2R, 0A. doesn't feel to good. any way, congrats to all UCSD applicants accepted.

Btw- here is text of Emory reject

Thank you for your inquiry, I apologize for the delay in replying. Decision notifications from the Graduate School will be sent via email on Friday, however I can tell you that we will not be able to offer you admission. The applicant pool this year was not only extraordinarily competitive, but also considerably larger than recent years. We received 150 applications to fill only five slots available to us. I regret that we will not be able to find a place for you in this fallā€™s entering class.

We sincerely appreciate your interest in Emory and wish you success in your academic career.

Denise Brubaker

Academic Department Administrator

So I guess since there are 5 spots and 3 have been claimed on this site, we can be pretty sure that's over with.

Rejected at UCSD, but not too much of a surprise. At least I can finally go to sleep now, lol (in all seriousness I think I'm just gonna brave the rest of the day so I can get back on a normal sleep schedule). I actually talked with three faculty members in the AP subfield at UCD today and the more I hear the more I like the program. Would I have liked UCSD? Sure, who wouldn't, I'd be totally lying if I said I'm not disappointed. But God makes everything happen for a reason and if getting rejected from UCSD was the worst thing that happened to me in my life (and trust me, it is NOT), then I'd be doing pretty damn well.

Let me extend and a sincere and heartfelt congratulations to those who did get in though! It's an accomplishment of which anybody should be proud!

So, now I can relax for three weeks, wait to hear from Minnesota, and then assess the situation from there. I'll still be of course interested to see how all the people I've gotten to know by their screen names progress in their decision-making these next few weeks. I wish everyone the best of luck!