Fall 2010 Admission Results

I don't know if Plisar wants an open discussion, but could we have a new thread about this since there are so many people who want to discuss it?

I think a new thread is a good idea. Or someone could just copy and paste the PM to the rest of us.

Emailed Berkeley, they accept about 25 PhD students a year (the results are less than 10 I think) and I don't know - has anyone in comparatives heard yet or in public policy? Those are the two I indicated (I do health care policy and comparative political analysis of health insurance). They say they will notify by the end of NEXT week.

Where else did you apply? I'm a "health and politics" gal myself.

Stanford (rejected), WashU (rejected), Princeton, GWU, IUSPEA (did my undergrad in poli sci at IU), Nebraska, Missouri, University Missouri St. Louis, Kent State, University of Washington, Berkeley, Harvard. Wide variety here, lol.

I've done both public policy stuff and comparative politics. My current work is a mixture of both.

Looks like no news is good news today... no acceptances on the results page for Yale and I got (expected) rejections from Emory and Northwestern. Seems others did as well. They're really laying it on today!