Fall 2010 Admission Results

My guess is that we hear from Cornell next week. Tina Slater has been quite specific in her emails noting that decisions will be made and sent out in early March. Someone on here also mentioned that during a recent call or email, she specifically said that no decisions had been made yet. Take it FWIW.

What about Brandeis? Any news from them?

waitlisted at UNC waitlisted at UNC!!!!!

Sorry for the excitement, but this is my first positive response.

I was emailed by a professor who mentioned the chair should have already emailed me. But I never received that email... so wondering if there are other emails that have been sent to me that I haven't received...

waitlisted at UNC waitlisted at UNC!!!!!

Sorry for the excitement, but this is my first positive response.

I was emailed by a professor who mentioned the chair should have already emailed me. But I never received that email... so wondering if there are other emails that have been sent to me that I haven't received...

Yay!!! Congrats on the positive news! I hope it works out for you and that this is the beginning of a streak of good news for you :)

Has anyone heard anything from Johns Hopkins? I'm not expecting to get in or anything, just wondering when I should expect to get word.

Acceptances should be out tomorrow or Friday (or the beginning of next week at the very latest). I'm certainly not expecting to hear anything, but it will be nice to know that, for me at least, this long and unpleasant process is finally over.

Thanks everyone! There aren't many details to give. I think it was a generic email with my name on it from the Chair of the Admissions Committee and Director of the Graduate Studies. It came about 4:45 est. There were four hundred applicants which is their biggest pool ever. Scary.

Our good friend Tina Slater was cced on it though! Not sure if that is an important detail but there you go. Oh, also I am comparative politics- feel like I have a great fit there so now it's time to start making decisions.

They say happiness means having options. For someone as indecisive as me that may not be a good thing :P

Thanks everyone! There aren't many details to give. I think it was a generic email with my name on it from the Chair of the Admissions Committee and Director of the Graduate Studies. It came about 4:45 est. There were four hundred applicants which is their biggest pool ever. Scary.

Our good friend Tina Slater was cced on it though! Not sure if that is an important detail but there you go. Oh, also I am comparative politics- feel like I have a great fit there so now it's time to start making decisions.

They say happiness means having options. For someone as indecisive as me that may not be a good thing :P

Cornell is a great match for your interest in South Asia. If I remember correctly, a South Asianist placed very well last year and got a slew of offers.

Cornell is a great match for your interest in South Asia. If I remember correctly, a South Asianist placed very well last year and got a slew of offers.

Thank you! Yeah, UPenn is also great for South Asia so this is going to be a really tough call to make. I wish I knew when the rest of the admits/rejects/waitlist were coming out so everyone can put this school to rest.

I hope Cornell isn't done yet. I'd like to have one thing that isn't a rejection. Just one. :( I'm starting to look seriously into a backup plan.

I'm in the same situation, brouhaha...it is seriously depressing....I'm just hoping for a token waitlist at this point, just so this process doesn't entirely destroy my ego...

My Columbia application was JUST updated to "complete" and "at department" in the last day. Did this happen to anyone else? I wonder if I didn't get full consideration because it took so long for them to process my application.

This is very weird. Have they released the waitlist yet?

Mine is weird too: over "status" it says "complete eno" and over "at department" it says "yes"...

It probably doesn't mean anything, honestly, but I would love a Columbia waitlist...

Edited by Rory

My Columbia application was JUST updated to "complete" and "at department" in the last day. Did this happen to anyone else? I wonder if I didn't get full consideration because it took so long for them to process my application.

This is very weird. Have they released the waitlist yet?

Very weird, and very unfortunate. I would prod Wawro about this; ask for your $85 back.

I'm in the same situation, brouhaha...it is seriously depressing....I'm just hoping for a token waitlist at this point, just so this process doesn't entirely destroy my ego...

Me too. Same boat. I'm not proud, I just need ONE school to say "yes." :(