12sliders

Hunter College City of NY

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I am about to finish up my personal statement and apply to Hunter College for their MSW program.

Has anyone else applied there? Have you heard a decision yet?

Good luck to all who apply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Racket said:

I just finished my application! Good luck. 

Same!! I just submitted mine 2 minutes ago. Good luck to you as well!

Any idea when we'll hear back??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My app was completed 1/25. I am also very curious as to when we will hear back. Most other NYC schools have begun to send out responses, and are requesting a down payment 4 weeks from the day of acceptance. Feel like I will need to save a seat somewhere before hearing back from Hunter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you guys have issues uploading your transcripts? It says they are uploaded, but then when I look at my application after submitting it, it says they are not received. I emailed them, but haven't heard back yet. I got it all in by the 5th, but now I'm not sure if it all went through. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Racket said:

Did you guys have issues uploading your transcripts? It says they are uploaded, but then when I look at my application after submitting it, it says they are not received. I emailed them, but haven't heard back yet. I got it all in by the 5th, but now I'm not sure if it all went through. :( 

I didn't experience any issues. Maybe try changing the format of the document? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lovetodogood said:

ugh any updates on acceptances/interviews!?

No! I'm dyin' over here! I think I will have to ask Fordham for an extension on the decision deadline so I can wait to see if Hunter wants me to interview. I just wanna know!!

Edited by Racket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys!

so just for a general timeline - 

my application was officially completed and submitted on January 9th. They reached out to me via e-mail for an interview on January 27th - I registered for January 31st.

Interview was fairly simple. there was 1 hypothetical question about what you would do in this situation - no right or wrong answer, just use your best judgement. you will have to give a writing sample at the end of the interview (for whatever reason, i'm not sure). common questions were also about why your specific concentration (clinical, community organization, etc.) and background information. 

I received my acceptance on February 7th. So all in all, from submission to acceptance, it took about 4 weeks. 

i'm stuck between columbia versus silberman but i'm probably going to silberman because it's cheaper tuition lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anybody that apply for the two year program receive an interview invitation yet? I'm going crazy waiting :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MSWnyc94 said:

Did anybody that apply for the two year program receive an interview invitation yet? I'm going crazy waiting :(

That makes two of us :(

And checking my email every minute is not helping smh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2017 at 1:16 AM, styx said:

hey guys!

so just for a general timeline - 

my application was officially completed and submitted on January 9th. They reached out to me via e-mail for an interview on January 27th - I registered for January 31st.

Interview was fairly simple. there was 1 hypothetical question about what you would do in this situation - no right or wrong answer, just use your best judgement. you will have to give a writing sample at the end of the interview (for whatever reason, i'm not sure). common questions were also about why your specific concentration (clinical, community organization, etc.) and background information. 

I received my acceptance on February 7th. So all in all, from submission to acceptance, it took about 4 weeks. 

i'm stuck between columbia versus silberman but i'm probably going to silberman because it's cheaper tuition lol. 

9

Did you apply to the advanced standing program or OYR?

On 2/12/2017 at 7:28 PM, Racket said:

Did you guys have issues uploading your transcripts? It says they are uploaded, but then when I look at my application after submitting it, it says they are not received. I emailed them, but haven't heard back yet. I got it all in by the 5th, but now I'm not sure if it all went through. :( 

 

I had issues with this and called them several times. They knew it was an issue and were manually checking uploads. If you can see the docs on your end, you should be fine. Today my application finally showed up as complete so you may want to check again. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2017 at 1:33 AM, linabina said:

I had issues with this and called them several times. They knew it was an issue and were manually checking uploads. If you can see the docs on your end, you should be fine. Today my application finally showed up as complete so you may want to check again. Good luck!

I actually got an email back a few days after I made that post, and they manually checked it after that. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MSWnyc94 said:

I just received an invitation for an interview!!! I'm so excited!!!! :D

Congrats! That's definitely a step closer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MSWnyc94 said:

Thank you!! :)

When did you submit your application? If you don't mind me asking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I submitted the application on February 5th, recs were completed Feb 22nd.

Edited by MSWnyc94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MSWnyc94 said:

I submitted the application on February 5th, recs were completed Feb 22nd.

Good for you! It's so great to know that one of us is finally getting some word back from Hunter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now