Hunter College City of NY

12sliders

2 hours ago, Gee_ said:

Hello fellow applicants! I'm here to give you all a little bit of hope. On a previous post I stated I messed up (or so I thought) the writing part of the interview. Long story short, I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get an email I just happened to check my portal around midnight. 

YAYYY, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

Got my acceptance letter today for Hunter. Oddly, no email was sent regarding the final decision. Check the portal as mine was dated from yesterday. 

Good luck to all!! 

Edited by Empress

19 minutes ago, Empress said:

Got my acceptance letter today for Hunter. Oddly, no email was sent regarding the final decision. Check the portal as mine was dated from yesterday. 

Good luck to all!! 

Hi Empress. Congratulations to you! Same here, I didn't receive an email. My letter was dated March 20th which is 2 days before our March 22nd interview. Weird but I'm not complaining. Will you be attending Hunter ?

13 minutes ago, Gee_ said:

Hi Empress. Congratulations to you! Same here, I didn't receive an email. My letter was dated March 20th which is 2 days before our March 22nd interview. Weird but I'm not complaining. Will you be attending Hunter ?

Thanks and congrats to you too! Yes, I will be attending. Yourself? 

1 minute ago, Empress said:

Thanks and congrats to you too! Yes, I will be attending. Yourself? 

I'm leaning towards Hunter even though I had accepted Stony Brook's offer. 

32 minutes ago, Gee_ said:

I'm leaning towards Hunter even though I had accepted Stony Brook's offer. 

Sounds like a hard decision. I only applied to Hunter as that's where I had my heart set on. How will you decide? 

1 minute ago, Empress said:

Sounds like a hard decision. I only applied to Hunter as that's where I had my heart set on. How will you decide? 

Not sure. I think I'll take into consideration the fact that Hunter is about $1000 less than Stony Brook. Also, location & field placement availability. Hunter is 30 mins away from me. Stony Brook requires that I take one class in long island which is 3+ hrs via public transportation or 1+ hour driving. Most of Stony Brook's placements are in long island with limited placements in the City. Hunter on the other hand has great placements. Arrrrrgh you know what, I'm going to Hunter. Lol

2 hours ago, Empress said:

Good luck to all!! 

Congrats!!!

1 hour ago, Psychotea said:

Has anyone who applied to the 2 year program heard back yet or is it still just advanced standing folks?

TY!

Yes I applied to the 2 year program and found out today that I got in. 

3 hours ago, Gee_ said:

Not sure. I think I'll take into consideration the fact that Hunter is about $1000 less than Stony Brook. Also, location & field placement availability. Hunter is 30 mins away from me. Stony Brook requires that I take one class in long island which is 3+ hrs via public transportation or 1+ hour driving. Most of Stony Brook's placements are in long island with limited placements in the City. Hunter on the other hand has great placements. Arrrrrgh you know what, I'm going to Hunter. Lol

Lolol, much to be considered it seems. You have a few weeks to decide, no? When is the deposit for stony due?