Pacific University 2/24 Interview

Akon

5 hours ago, maurmaur said:

Sounds like you've still got a decent chance! :) how did you find out?

Thanks! Gotta wait until April to find out now haha :)

I got an email yesterday around 4PM!

I believe - those that were accepted have/will get notified via phone!

2 minutes ago, Akon said:

Thanks! Gotta wait until April to find out now haha :)

I got an email yesterday around 4PM!

I believe - those that were accepted have/will get notified via phone!

Yep! I've been trying to figure out what time of day things happen. I'm in EST

So on the admission results page it shows that people have been officially admitted, waitlisted, and rejected at Pacific U.  I have yet to hear anything.  Is everyone else on this thread still in the dark?  I'm expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. :) 

3 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

So on the admission results page it shows that people have been officially admitted, waitlisted, and rejected at Pacific U.  I have yet to hear anything.  Is everyone else on this thread still in the dark?  I'm expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. :) 

I'm still in the dark! I thought out of all of my interviews, my one at Pacific was actually the most eloquent...though it was my first interview, so my rate of speech was quicker. I'm surprised because of the rejections posted in results...I assumed? they would do everything in waves, but guess not, haha. 

4 hours ago, jmk said:

I'm still in the dark! I thought out of all of my interviews, my one at Pacific was actually the most eloquent...though it was my first interview, so my rate of speech was quicker. I'm surprised because of the rejections posted in results...I assumed? they would do everything in waves, but guess not, haha. 

Best of luck to both of you! 

6 hours ago, Akon said:

Best of luck to both of you! 

Thanks girl! I saw today that decisions are still!? coming out...hopefully we'll hear back soon. I would rather know than be left in the dark lol. 

17 minutes ago, jmk said:

Thanks girl! I saw today that decisions are still!? coming out...hopefully we'll hear back soon. I would rather know than be left in the dark lol. 

I just don't understand how their admissions process works.  I want it to be over.  I don't even care anymore if I get in (now that I've been admitted to another program).  It's like putting a bone in front of a dog's nose and saying, "you can't have this for 5 more minutes."    

16 minutes ago, SLPsingballs said:

I just don't understand how their admissions process works.  I want it to be over.  I don't even care anymore if I get in (now that I've been admitted to another program).  It's like putting a bone in front of a dog's nose and saying, "you can't have this for 5 more minutes."    

I thought we were all going to be notified in that one week...also I'm surprised that I saw rejections yesterday, but then waitlists today lol. I'm hoping we hear Monday. 

5 minutes ago, jmk said:

I thought we were all going to be notified in that one week...also I'm surprised that I saw rejections yesterday, but then waitlists today lol. I'm hoping we hear Monday. 

I'm hoping for Monday too!  I think the waitlist that was posted today on the admissions survey was dated for 3/9, Thursday.  Other people might not check it as obsessively as us?  :ph34r:  

8 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

I'm hoping for Monday too!  I think the waitlist that was posted today on the admissions survey was dated for 3/9, Thursday.  Other people might not check it as obsessively as us?  :ph34r:  

Or they don't post on the survey page until a couple of days later. Diana said it should take about a week. Monday to Monday is a full week (I know everyone thought they'd all be last week). and she said should! It seems decisions are going out when Diana has time.

2 hours ago, maurmaur said:

Or they don't post on the survey page until a couple of days later. Diana said it should take about a week. Monday to Monday is a full week (I know everyone thought they'd all be last week). and she said should! It seems decisions are going out when Diana has time.

I just lack any and all patience unless I am working with children.  Thanks for the reassurance! 

12 hours ago, SLPsingballs said:

I forget that applicants exist that aren't also obsessively checking this forum, the results, and their email! :P

20 hours ago, jmk said:

Just wanted to add my two cents - in the packet we got during our interview day it said all applicants will be notified by mid March so in my option that means March 15th, just for thought!

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:09 PM, SLPsingballs said:

I hate this.  I think all week I'll be on pins and needles with nerves.  Thanks for the info though!  

Do we have any idea of how many are on the waitlist?

2 minutes ago, wannabslp said:

And there is only 2 tiers? I haven't heard of anyone getting off the waitlist or rejecting their place on the waitlist. This is kinda devastating.

My BEST advice, if you're super interested in this program, contact them. Show them your interest. 

4 minutes ago, kayyyyy_ said:

My BEST advice, if you're super interested in this program, contact them. Show them your interest. 

And say what exactly?

1 minute ago, maurmaur said:

And say what exactly?

Something to the extent that you're on the waitlist for the program and you're really hoping you get off the waitlist because.... if this is your top school, tell them. If you visited for the interview, tell them. If you're interested in working under a specific faculty member, tell them. They want to hear it. All it takes is for the tier system to NOT be ranked and they have one spot left. Who are they going to give it to? Joe Shmo who didn't show interest or YOU, someone who made a point to email them expressing your interest. :) Do what you have to do. My friend did this so I am only speaking from her experience. 

I will do that. I asked a professor and she said they cannot mention how many are on the waitlist. Maybe she misinterpreted my question. It seems like you could release that info?

17 minutes ago, wannabslp said:

I will do that. I asked a professor and she said they cannot mention how many are on the waitlist. Maybe she misinterpreted my question. It seems like you could release that info?

Hmm yeah usually they can tell you how many are on the waitlist just not what ranking you are. 

44 minutes ago, wannabslp said:

I actually don't think they can. Another school I'm on the waitlist explicitly told us they can't tell us. They mentioned it's changing constantly(people declining to be on it or people accepting their acceptance, etc) Pacific has a ranked one it seems since there's a tier one and others don't have a ranked one.

Haha I've already told Diana it's my top school and asked questions. I hope it did something.

1 hour ago, wannabslp said:

And there is only 2 tiers? I haven't heard of anyone getting off the waitlist or rejecting their place on the waitlist. This is kinda devastating.

From this year and previous years, it seems there's a tier one and then everyone else.