Pacific University 2/24 Interview

Akon

9 minutes ago, maurmaur said:

I actually don't think they can. Another school I'm on the waitlist explicitly told us they can't tell us. They mentioned it's changing constantly(people declining to be on it or people accepting their acceptance, etc) Pacific has a ranked one it seems since there's a tier one and others don't have a ranked one.

Haha I've already told Diana it's my top school and asked questions. I hope it did something.

I would also make connections with other professors, you don't know who will go up to bat for you and really all you need is a person to be your advocate!!! best of luck! :)

55 minutes ago, kayyyyy_ said:

I would also make connections with other professors, you don't know who will go up to bat for you and really all you need is a person to be your advocate!!! best of luck! :)

Good idea :)

1 hour ago, maurmaur said:

I actually don't think they can. Another school I'm on the waitlist explicitly told us they can't tell us. They mentioned it's changing constantly(people declining to be on it or people accepting their acceptance, etc) Pacific has a ranked one it seems since there's a tier one and others don't have a ranked one.

Haha I've already told Diana it's my top school and asked questions. I hope it did something.

That is so bizzare to me! I am seriously dying to get it. Ive gotten rejected from 8 other schools so far! This whole process sucks.

25 minutes ago, wannabslp said:

That is so bizzare to me! I am seriously dying to get it. Ive gotten rejected from 8 other schools so far! This whole process sucks.

Who else are you waiting on?

Most folks won't get off a waitlist until after April 15th. The week after April 15th I expect a chunk to get acceptances, and then after that it's a very slow trickle. 

I still haven't even heard from Pacific, haha. 

I got another waitlist from another small program (TWU) today lol... :rolleyes:

But no ranking this time!

However, TWU's email said they are making people accept or decline their offer by March 29th so that makes me feel a little bit better... :-P

I do believe that with Pacific's Waitlist it's Tier One and then everybody else (who is on the waitlist) - based on wha I've seen on the results page and I personally know three other people on the waitlist who didn't get any tier information. 

However I do wonder how many people they waitlisted - I'm starting to think it's closer to 40 people total. I mean there had to be almost 200 interviews they conducted...

I also believe that my chances of getting off the waitlist are slim because I haven't heard of anybody being offered admission that isn't accepting BUT c'est la vie!  

6 hours ago, Akon said:

I got another waitlist from another small program (TWU) today lol... :rolleyes:

But no ranking this time!

However, TWU's email said they are making people accept or decline their offer by March 29th so that makes me feel a little bit better... :-P

I do believe that with Pacific's Waitlist it's Tier One and then everybody else (who is on the waitlist) - based on wha I've seen on the results page and I personally know three other people on the waitlist who didn't get any tier information. 

However I do wonder how many people they waitlisted - I'm starting to think it's closer to 40 people total. I mean there had to be almost 200 interviews they conducted...

I also believe that my chances of getting off the waitlist are slim because I haven't heard of anybody being offered admission that isn't accepting BUT c'est la vie!  

I've heard from different programs that they waitlist about half of their acceptances. For example, if they want a cohort size of 30 they will probably send out 40 or so offers and then 20 on the waitlist! Hope this helps and I really hope you get in!!!!

2 hours ago, kayyyyy_ said:

I've heard from different programs that they waitlist about half of their acceptances. For example, if they want a cohort size of 30 they will probably send out 40 or so offers and then 20 on the waitlist! Hope this helps and I really hope you get in!!!!

Thank you it does!

Thanks so much :)

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 9:09 AM, SLPsingballs said:

So on the admission results page it shows that people have been officially admitted, waitlisted, and rejected at Pacific U.  I have yet to hear anything.  Is everyone else on this thread still in the dark?  I'm expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. :) 

Admission results page? Where did you find this? Do you mind sharing? 

36 minutes ago, SLPsingballs said:

I emailed her.  Nothing.  My ego is hurting.

I don't understand why the e-mails wouldn't be sent to you guys on batches based on a list. Why would it take over a week unless they are personalizing every single e-mail as they go? Seems unnecessary to handle it this way. I'm sorry!

1 hour ago, StPaulCCC said:

I don't understand why the e-mails wouldn't be sent to you guys on batches based on a list. Why would it take over a week unless they are personalizing every single e-mail as they go? Seems unnecessary to handle it this way. I'm sorry!

They're personalized.

It makes me feel better that others haven't heard back as well. I think I'm going to refrain from emailing until April 3rd (first Monday in April) which is going to be my universal email all programs I haven't heard back from date, hahaha. 

5 hours ago, wannabslp said:

Anyone of anyone denying their place of the waitlist or rejecting their acceptance to Pacific?

I know two people got accepted off the tier one waitlist last year but I have no idea if that waitlist is ranked or random! 

I'm not too hopeful :) 

20 hours ago, Akon said:

I know two people got accepted off the tier one waitlist last year but I have no idea if that waitlist is ranked or random! 

I'm not too hopeful :) 

I am trying not to be!

Finally heard back from Pacific via email today, unfortunately a rejection. I wasn't feeling too hot about my chances after seeing so many others already get notifications, but I'm glad I finally heard something! 

30 minutes ago, jmk said:

Finally heard back from Pacific via email today, unfortunately a rejection. I wasn't feeling too hot about my chances after seeing so many others already get notifications, but I'm glad I finally heard something! 

I'm sorry to hear you got a rejection but I bet you're happy to have some closure as hanging in limbo is the worst!

Good luck with the rest of the schools you're waiting on! :) 

1 hour ago, jmk said:

Me too.  The saga is over.  No Pacific U for us.  I'm okay with it.