Cornell App Status?

flgirl

Like many others, I'm scaring myself by checking Results Search all day...noticed that someone posted an update from Cornell re: completed application and that decisions would be made by 2nd week of March. I never received an "application complete" email, but I got the standard "we will notify you of any missing items" email before the holiday break. Has anyone else received this recent email confirmation? Should I be concerned? When I log in to Embark, it just says my application is complete and I received individual notifications about LORs.

Like many others, I'm scaring myself by checking Results Search all day...noticed that someone posted an update from Cornell re: completed application and that decisions would be made by 2nd week of March. I never received an "application complete" email, but I got the standard "we will notify you of any missing items" email before the holiday break. Has anyone else received this recent email confirmation? Should I be concerned? When I log in to Embark, it just says my application is complete and I received individual notifications about LORs.

finally someone is talking about cornell. i'm anxious to hear about any decisions cornell has made.i have the same situation as you. i'm civil engineering, though.

^^Same, I didn't notice that they start the e-mail with a congrats though, that is pretty sneaky.

I'm wondering if the post on the results page isn't from an insider.

FWIW I looked at last years admit stats 350 apps for 12 slots...

PS, I'd wish you good luck, but I'm doing theory too, oh what the hell, good luck

Edited by blankets

^^Same, I didn't notice that they start the e-mail with a congrats though, that is pretty sneaky.

I'm wondering if the post on the results page isn't from an insider.

FWIW I looked at last years admit stats 350 apps for 12 slots...

PS, I'd wish you good luck, but I'm doing theory too, oh what the hell, good luck

Best of luck to you, too!

i got a really nice email from cornell, saying that i had passed to the "second stage" of the process and that they needed a bunch of stuff from me, GRE scores and a transcript (oops).

Hey, when did you get that email? And didn't you send your GRE and transcripts before the deadline? Thank you

Hey, when did you get that email? And didn't you send your GRE and transcripts before the deadline? Thank you

i got that email 2 days ago, on monday. i did send my GRE and transcript, but the birthday on the GRE was wrong so they didn't think they received it (my fault), and apparently, they never got my transcript!

i got that email 2 days ago, on monday. i did send my GRE and transcript, but the birthday on the GRE was wrong so they didn't think they received it (my fault), and apparently, they never got my transcript!

I emailed Cornell Admissions re:completion and they didn't get my transcript either! There was no way to check on the Embark system and they didn't inform me of it being incomplete for 2.5 months??? I'm frustrated because one of my other schools also said they didn't receive the transcript, but it turns out they just didn't match my maiden name with married name.

It's a bummer to be informed of these things so late, and to know that they haven't yet reviewed my application.

Crossing my fingers for everyone else that's had similar incompletion problems.

Got the same email as cpaige this afternoon. Even though Cornell is my top choice, I do not expect to get in, but I think that Tina will make the rejection a little better. Even her mass emails are just so friendly in tone.

Friendly in tone, if incorrect in grammar!

I got that email as well, and I can't decide if it made things worse or better....393 is stiff competition.

Friendly in tone, if incorrect in grammar!

I got that email as well, and I can't decide if it made things worse or better....393 is stiff competition.

Yeah, that's pretty scary. Any idea how big their entering class usually is?

from the magnificent tina slater:

The review is completed in stages, so the confirmation of applicants that are being admitted does not happen until March. They do not do this case by case, but eliminate files as they proceed through the stages. The applicants are selected and then a meeting is held to make final decisions that have to be okayed by all of the Grad Field Faculty Members. Sometimes files that are refused in early stages can be resurrected. So we can never notify anyone early.

• 2 weeks later...