I hope you have/had a good time at the Southwest PCA! I went to the Midwest PCA conference in 2013, and I thought it was a great conference to attend as a first-timer. (It was also my first conference besides those held at my undergraduate institution). I'd say some view the PCA conferences as not as academically rigorous as other conferences, but I remember having a really wonderful experience. I used it not only as a chance to get a feel for conferences, but also to present on research I might not otherwise submit. 

Edited by engphiledu

Midwest PCA was my first American conference too! But it was this year. It's fun and different from other Lit conferences, although it can be harder nto find people to talk to who share your interests because there's a very wide net.

I decided to take a break from GC during the SWPACA! :( Otherwise it would have been great to get together to commiserate over pending decisions! I didn't attend many sessions at this one, but it was fun. I did the national APA/ACA one in Seattle last year that was really interesting, too. Hope you had a great presentation.

1 hour ago, Zelda said:

I did the national APA/ACA one in Seattle last year that was really interesting, too. Hope you had a great presentation.

I also went to the general PCA/ACA conference in Seattle last year. It was my first big US conference, which was considered an international conference for me, and was an incredible experience! I loved it so much that going to this year's one in San Diego!

15 hours ago, ThePomoHipster said:

I also went to the general PCA/ACA conference in Seattle last year. It was my first big US conference, which was considered an international conference for me, and was an incredible experience! I loved it so much that going to this year's one in San Diego!

I didn't know where I'd be around Spring Break this year, so didn't get to submit an abstract this year! The regional one (SW) was so much closer & less expensive that I just decided it would be a bit better for me. Plus, Popular Culture is a little bit out of my field, but I have really enjoyed the change of pace. It is really fun! Hope that makes sense. I hope you have fun in San Diego! I haven't been (Anaheim is furthest South I've gone in CA), but let me know how it went. :)

Edited to add: Sorry my response is a bit sporadic, I'm running on like 5 hours of sleep today. o.o

Edited by Zelda

17 hours ago, ThePomoHipster said:

I am also going to be at the one in San Diego. I am so excited! :)

5 hours ago, Zelda said:

I didn't know where I'd be around Spring Break this year, so didn't get to submit an abstract this year! The regional one (SW) was so much closer & less expensive that I just decided it would be a bit better for me. Plus, Popular Culture is a little bit out of my field, but I have really enjoyed the change of pace. It is really fun! Hope that makes sense. I hope you have fun in San Diego! I haven't been (Anaheim is furthest South I've gone in CA), but let me know how it went. :)

Have a great time at the SW one! It sounds like a lot of fun too!

3 hours ago, KikiDelivery said:

I am also going to be at the one in San Diego. I am so excited! :)

Yay! It'll be great to see a fellow GCer there! :D

• 1 year later...