Student Loan Debt & Repayment

About how much student debt do you have and how do you plan to repay it? I'm at over 40K right now and my loans are due for a payment soon since I graduated some time ago now. I seriously can't afford these payments with all the other things I pay for. I feel like I'm stuck and I definitely don't want any lack of future payments since that would hurt my credit score. Anyone dealing with this and found some sort of solution or a way to help? 

A lot of my friends follow Dave Ramsey on FB. He supposedly has really good advice on how to budget yourself out of debt. I know I will be utilizing that resource after I graduate. 40k seems like the average...I know some people who have closer to 100k. :o

2 minutes ago, BeachySpeechy said:

A lot of my friends follow Dave Ramsey on FB. He supposedly has really good advice on how to budget yourself out of debt. I know I will be utilizing that resource after I graduate. 40k seems like the average...I know some people who have closer to 100k. :o

Yeah my sister follows his stuff. But living in NY, being married, and making what I make...It takes YEARS to pay that kind of debt off. So idk. Although I've already researched Dave Ramsey, I suppose it's worth looking into a bit more

The Reserves and National Guard offer loan repayment if you meet the eligibility requirements and are willing to serve. I don't know if the military has speech therapists the way they do other health occupations but it would be something to find out.

I do know they have linguists as my DH had been offered a linguist position in the Army Reserves until the Pentagon decided to make him go FT Active Duty rather than letting him complete his ROTC obligation in the Reserves.