CSUF MSW Fall 2017

les1ie

2 hours ago, ChrisMSW109 said:

@Neeks Thank you!  I submitted all of the LORs in person because I wanted to stay on top of the professors; the sooner the application was submitted, the sooner it would get reviewed by the department.  I felt that it was crucial to get the applications in early because some programs admit on a rolling basis.  The earliest application that I submitted was at the beginning of November, and the last application was in early December.

Perhaps I will try to submit them earlier next time, depending on what happens to my application this time around. I remember asking at the MSW informational session if they review the applications and LORs on a rolling basis, or if they will review them all once the deadline has passed, and they assured me that it was after the deadline was passed, but that is only as truthful as they want it to be. They more than likely review the applications sooner depending on how early you submitted them. Thanks for the information!

I don't think it makes a difference if you submit it early. I think I submitted app day of deadline or a couple days before, and I just heard back for an interview. My interview will be in a few weeks. This is my 2nd time applying. I'm crossing my fingers :)

Any of you guys and girls that were called in for an interview remember getting an email with a subject header saying "MSW Program Online Application - Final Submission Confirmation"? 

I checked and double-checked that I had the CSUMentor application sent in, as well as the MSW department application was sent in, prior to the deadline. Was this just saying that they finally received my application?

Update as well as additional information:

I applied for the flex program. I completed everything on my end in mid January, however one of my recommendation letters was submitted until January 31st. As a result, I submitted my "completed" application on January 31st. I received my final submission email that same day. I interviewed last week and received my acceptance letter via email yesterday. Hope this helps. :)

17 hours ago, Neeks said:

Any of you guys and girls that were called in for an interview remember getting an email with a subject header saying "MSW Program Online Application - Final Submission Confirmation"? 

I checked and double-checked that I had the CSUMentor application sent in, as well as the MSW department application was sent in, prior to the deadline. Was this just saying that they finally received my application?

I received the same exact email yesterday! About 2 weeks ago, I called and was told I would be contacted in late April. I applied close to the deadline in January.

3 hours ago, ucipsbmajor said:

I received the same exact email yesterday! About 2 weeks ago, I called and was told I would be contacted in late April. I applied close to the deadline in January.

You're giving me hope that I might actually be called, as I was told the same thing! I almost started getting ready to look for a job in the meantime, until I could apply again :(

On 3/31/2017 at 1:01 PM, C22 said:

For the part time.. Did you apply for full time?

I hope you get in and that you are in my cohort! I had an old co-worker interview last week and receive her acceptance this week for the part-time program too. Keep us posted!

36 minutes ago, les1ie said:

I hope you get in and that you are in my cohort! I had an old co-worker interview last week and receive her acceptance this week for the part-time program too. Keep us posted!

I got accepted already :) looking forward to meeting you!!

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 5:01 PM, suremeansyes said:

No, I graduated in 2016 from CSULA with degrees in Sociology and Pan African studies. I blanked out on a word 3 times during my interview. Embarrassing!!!

20170411_165342.jpg

You look great!! How did your interview go overall? That's okay if you blanked out on a word. I feel like I am going to forget my name or make no sense...lol. When did they say you will hear back? I applied for full-time also. Sorry so many questions. 

Edited by Grad2017

On 4/12/2017 at 5:19 PM, C22 said:

I got accepted already :) looking forward to meeting you!!

Yayy! Congratulations! What's your name so I can identify you, hahah! I'm Leslie (you probably figured that from my username). :P

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 9:50 AM, sjimenez67 said:

I just got accepted to CSUF. Does anyone know how many days we have to submit our intent to enroll?

How long did it take to get you acceptance, are you full-time, or part-time?

On 4/18/2017 at 4:25 PM, les1ie said:

Yayy! Congratulations! What's your name so I can identify you, hahah! I'm Leslie (you probably figured that from my username). :P

Thank you ? my name is Cindy.

Edited by C22
Misspelling

On 4/12/2017 at 9:25 PM, Grad2017 said:

You look great!! How did your interview go overall? That's okay if you blanked out on a word. I feel like I am going to forget my name or make no sense...lol. When did they say you will hear back? I applied for full-time also. Sorry so many questions. 

Ugh, it didn't go very well. I had a bad feeling afterwards. I still haven't heard anything, so we'll see! I'm already accepted at CSULA but was definitely hoping to get into the program at CSUF. She said I'd hear by the end of May, which also makes me feel like they won't accept me, because they told the other people that they accepted that they'd hear within a week.

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 2:21 PM, suremeansyes said:

Ugh, it didn't go very well. I had a bad feeling afterwards. I still haven't heard anything, so we'll see! I'm already accepted at CSULA but was definitely hoping to get into the program at CSUF. She said I'd hear by the end of May, which also makes me feel like they won't accept me, because they told the other people that they accepted that they'd hear within a week.

When I interviewed I forgot to ask.... when might I hear back ? dang it. I think most people hear back in 2 weeks or so. Hang in there, I wish you the best of luck! 

On 4/28/2017 at 2:21 PM, suremeansyes said:

I was told I would hear by the end of may too and I got accepted. Don't let that discourage you ?

2 hours ago, C22 said:

I was told I would hear by the end of may too and I got accepted. Don't let that discourage you ?

How long did it take to hear back? Did you ask how long it would take to hear back or did they tell you? I was so nervous... I totally forgot to ask.

1 hour ago, Grad2017 said:

How long did it take to hear back? Did you ask how long it would take to hear back or did they tell you? I was so nervous... I totally forgot to ask.

I interviewed on April 4th and received my acceptance on April 10th. I asked them when I would be notified by and they said everyone should know their status by the end of May.