CSUF MSW Fall 2017

les1ie

5 hours ago, C22 said:

For CSUF? Mine was about 15-20 minutes.

Yea, mine was 5-10 minutes. I don't know if that's good or bad. ??‍♀️ ?

4 hours ago, Damd92 said:

Well it probably depends on how thorough you were with your answers?

What kind of questions can you expect on the interview? So far, the things I've noticed are: Why social work, Why (your preferred specialization), do you work full-time, and do you have any questions for me

On Thursday, May 04, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Damd92 said:

What questions did they ask you? My interview was 15-20 minutes. 

I couldn't wait for  my status to be changed. Was almost getting sick... Decided to take up smth meanwhile and suddenly got to hospital. Can you imagine how nervous I  was there?  Got out from that clinic just in two days before my interview...

Btw, I don't know, I'm new here.May be I should have started a new thread... but how ever. I'm still very nervous about what had happened to me, I meen that hospital on the edge of my interview. I must admit the stuff was very good there and they understood my worries
May be some of you had some experience  just like me and could share it with me? Where did it happen to you, what helped you? To me, it was a strong back pain, so I had to contact https://frontlineer.com/ it was the nearest urgent care in Dallas Texas. There began the whole routine with X-ray, staying in  bed... injections... I had to undergo the whole stuff. But the only thing in my had was my application 

Edited by Beehelp

9 hours ago, Grad2017 said:

What questions did they ask you? My interview was 15-20 minutes. 

They asked me why social work ..what do I see myself doing with my MSW ...what skills do I have to succeed in the program.. and what would be a difficult population to work with...and also general questions like if I'm willing to drive to internship and if i can participate in the class for summer program (flex/part time)

Edited by Damd92
Typos

2 hours ago, Damd92 said:

They asked me why social work ..what do I see myself doing with my MSW ...what skills do I have to succeed in the program.. and what would be a difficult population to work with...and also general questions like if I'm willing to drive to internship and if i can participate in the class for summer program (flex/part time)

How do you feel it went? My interview was a little over a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. I am a little worried since most people are accepted 1-2 weeks after interview. 

2 hours ago, Grad2017 said:

How do you feel it went? My interview was a little over a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. I am a little worried since most people are accepted 1-2 weeks after interview. 

I think it went well considering that I prepared as much as possible, but since it was short, it makes me doubt myself. It hasn't been a week yet for me so just being patient for now. Did u get asked the same questions? 

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 5:01 PM, suremeansyes said:

No, I graduated in 2016 from CSULA with degrees in Sociology and Pan African studies. I blanked out on a word 3 times during my interview. Embarrassing!!!

20170411_165342.jpg

Have you heard back yet? 

13 hours ago, Damd92 said:

My questions were a little different, but I applied for full-time. I am not sure if that makes a difference. 

58 minutes ago, Grad2017 said:

My questions were a little different, but I applied for full-time. I am not sure if that makes a difference. 

what were you asked?

16 hours ago, Neeks said:

what were you asked?

I was asked why social work... why my concentration. I can't remember what else... I was really nervous. 

3 hours ago, Grad2017 said:

Is it bad if I call and ask for a status of my application?

I don't think they will say much, but if it'll make you feel better, I don't see why not?

29 minutes ago, Damd92 said:

I don't think they will say much, but if it'll make you feel better, I don't see why not?

I called... they didn't answer. I am getting worried. 

6 hours ago, KA.Z said:

I interviewed last month and have still not heard anything :/

I wonder if they have sent out any acceptances recently. It seems like a majority of people on here have heard back within a week or two... I am stressing out :( did you apply for full-time or part-time?

1 hour ago, KA.Z said:

How many people on here have already heard back and accepted? Has anyone heard they have not been accepted? 

I interviewed for the part time program on April 4th and was accepted April 10th, however when I interviewed I was told everyone would know their status by the end of May. 

1 hour ago, C22 said:

I interviewed for the part time program on April 4th and was accepted April 10th, however when I interviewed I was told everyone would know their status by the end of May. 

Congratulations... what a pleasant surprise ???