2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

Hey guys, has anybody heard from MICA Mount Royal? Does MICA interview everybody they are interested in?

I was called for an interview last week. But don't worry! I think some people get in without being interviewed.

They also said they mail the letters March 16 (or 19) and you should know for sure by April 1st.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Rolando

Sorry to hear that.

I actually don't feel too bad about it. :) I feel like I'm going to get in where I'm supposed to be and my work will fit in well. I think Cranbrook does interviews on campus though. I am not sure if they have contacted people in painting for interviews yet.

My list so far:

Accepted: CCA

Interviews: SFAI, UCSC

Waiting to hear from: San Jose State, UCLA, RISD

Rejected: Berkeley, UCSD, CMU, CalArts

Edited by sophiab

I know nobody has probably applied to any of these schools, but they're my last three so I just thought I'd check.

Anyone applying to or heard anything from:

PNCA

Kendall College of Art (Ferris State University)

Northern Illinois University (I actually work at this school in a non-art related department, so I'm just wondering if anyone is applying)

I feel like I'm the only person on this forum that has applied to schools outside the top 10....

Rejected:

U of Michigan

Carnegie Mellon

RIT

Accepted:

UNC-Chapel Hill

Still Waiting on:

Tyler

Ohio University

Indiana University-Bloomington

Have anyone else heard from any of the last four schools? The wait is terrible and this is one time that Spring Break could not finish soon enough!!!

Just got the rejection email from UCLA. I applied in their interdisciplinary area. It was an email that forwarded me to their website. So the count so far is:

SAIC Performance - Accepted

UIC Moving Image - Accepted

Columbia New Genres - Interview

Yale Sculpture - Rejected

UCLA Interdisciplinary - Rejected

UCSD - Rejected

SAIC Printmaking - Rejected

RISD Sculpture - nada

USC - zip

CalArts - zilch

Hi, Monkey_tacos, I'm sorry to hear about your email from UCLA. Did you apply to their MFA fine arts? just wanted to make sure we are talking about the same program. Best of luck to you!

Hello,

its been great reading everyone's posts. Has anyone heard anything from Otis or UCLA? I have yet to hear ANY news from any schools except for 1 interview

I applied for painting/fine art:

Pratt

SVA

UCLA

Otis

CSU Northridge - interview

CSU LA- app not due yet

Thanks everyone!

I just got an acceptance letter in the mail for SFAI's MFA program in painting.

Congrats!!

Kinda random: Kathryn Bigelow (director of the Hurt Locker) got her degree in painting from SFAI.

Thank you, both of you! I am going to go visit both CCA and SFAI and ask a million questions and explore the area. I don't live far from San Francisco, so I'm going to do that in the next week or so. I actually really love the artists that graduate from both schools. I loved the guy who interviewed me at SFAI...it was such a great, inspiring conversation, and I felt like he really understood what I am trying to accomplish with my work. I think I might like the CCA campus better, and it is easier to get to from the highway. It is very possible that I might be commuting from outside of SF. SFAI says I'm supposed to decide if I want to go there in 3 weeks...I hope I hear back from everywhere by then and know what I am doing! If anyone has any advice for me, I'd appreciate it!

This brings me to:

Accepted: CCA, SFAI

Interview: UCSC

Waiting to hear from: UCLA, RISD, San Jose State

Rejected: Berkeley, UCSD, Cranbrook, Calarts

I am really happy!

Has anyone heard from PNCA or UCLA yet? If so, was it via email, regular mail or telephone? I am so anxious to hear from these two!

Also, for those still waiting on Tyler, I just realized that you can check your status there through the online part of the application. Good to know!

Thank you, both of you! I am going to go visit both CCA and SFAI and ask a million questions and explore the area. I don't live far from San Francisco, so I'm going to do that in the next week or so. I actually really love the artists that graduate from both schools. I loved the guy who interviewed me at SFAI...it was such a great, inspiring conversation, and I felt like he really understood what I am trying to accomplish with my work. I think I might like the CCA campus better, and it is easier to get to from the highway. It is very possible that I might be commuting from outside of SF. SFAI says I'm supposed to decide if I want to go there in 3 weeks...I hope I hear back from everywhere by then and know what I am doing! If anyone has any advice for me, I'd appreciate it!

This brings me to:

Accepted: CCA, SFAI

Interview: UCSC

Waiting to hear from: UCLA, RISD, San Jose State

Rejected: Berkeley, UCSD, Cranbrook, Calarts

I am really happy!

Congrats, Sophia! Curious who interviewed you?

Also Toba Khedori... And didn't Richard Diebenkorn teach there for a while? Congratulations on getting accepted.

I think so..that's why every year, there's a visiting artist awarded the Diebenkorn fellowship to teach for one year. Also, you guys probably already know, Ansel Adams founded the photography department in SFAI.

Edited by alizarin

I also got a rejection letter from UCLA interdisciplinary today. This leaves me at:

UCLA: Rej

CalArts: interview

CCA: Accepted

SAIC: interview

Carnegie Mellon: rej

Columbia: ? prob rej

UNC: accepted

UNCG: ? prob accepted

has anyone heard any thing from CCA since they were admitted through the web advisor. I emailed them and they said packets were being sent out this week, but besides that I haven't heard a thing since I was interviewed. Also, my interview was later in the month then other people on the forum so I'm wondering what that is about.