Financial Aid Packages and Loans tips and tricks ?

Hi Wassup guys!

Happy Friday or (or Happy Day)!  

I hope everyone is enjoying their day. Its acceptance letter season and I am so glad the applying stage is over. Even more happy that I got accepted into the Fordham, Columbia, and Hunter/Bank Street Program :)

Although I am very excited about the prospects of attending any of these programs, I am leaning towards Columbia. However, I have concerns about the costs and loans. Is there a way to leverage my financial aid packages to lower the costs? Or any other approaches to help me lower the costs and loans? Please let me know very excited to start my career with the lowest amount of loans possible ;)

I spent a lot of money on my MSW. Look into getting a graduate assistantship in programs that have them with the school you want to attend. Sometimes they may have tutition waivers attached to them, you will get a monthly stipend. For example look at cultural studies programs or other Liberal arts programs. Professional programs usually don't provide enough support. Going back for my PhD in social work, that is free. 

• 7 months later...