Has anyone accepted their offer yet? I did this weekend and they never asked me to pay one of those deposits.  I just thought that was strange because most schools do.  I feel like it makes the acceptance more official when you pay!

Congratulations! Maybe they just aren't there yet? If you accepted this weekend, people probably aren't working much and maybe it'll happen this week?

Either way, I wouldn't complain about not having to pay! I'd feel lucky until they sent me that.

7 minutes ago, maurmaur said:

Congratulations! Maybe they just aren't there yet? If you accepted this weekend, people probably aren't working much and maybe it'll happen this week?

Either way, I wouldn't complain about not having to pay! I'd feel lucky until they sent me that.

That's true! I was definitely happy that they didn't ask me to pay, but part of me felt it didn't seem as official.  But the online portal still congratulated me for accepting the offer, so I guess that's good enough!

I had the same feeling and emailed the department to make sure there was nothing else I needed to do to move forward. They reassured me accepting the offer was the only action to take and to wait for further instructions. Personally, I'm glad we don't have to put a deposit! :)

7 minutes ago, tvl said:

I had the same feeling and emailed the department to make sure there was nothing else I needed to do to move forward. They reassured me accepting the offer was the only action to take and to wait for further instructions. Personally, I'm glad we don't have to put a deposit! :)

Haha, same here! I e-mailed last week because I hadn't heard back after accepting but,  Dr. Cross assured me that everything was in order. I'm glad because I really was not trying to pay for a deposit at all!

Tvl, by the way, I'm 95% sure that I will be attending WTAMU so we might be class mates soon!

Edited by Chai Tea Latte

2 minutes ago, Chai Tea Latte said:

Haha, same here! I e-mailed last week because I hadn't heard back after accepting but,  Dr. Cross assured me that everything was in order. I'm glad because I really was not trying to pay for a deposit at all!

Tvl, by the way, I'm 95% sure that I will be attending WTAMU so we may be class mates!

Woohoo!! I'm on the same boat. Still have to hear back from ENMU but I think I would rather go to WT :) 

FYI, the woman I spoke to on the phone told me to get my immunization shots, and CPR certificate ready as they will be asking for that around May! 

1 minute ago, tvl said:

Woohoo!! I'm on the same boat. Still have to hear back from ENMU but I think I would rather go to WT :) 

FYI, the woman I spoke to on the phone told me to get my immunization shots, and CPR certificate ready as they will be asking for that around May! 

Thanks for the heads up. I was reading the graduate handbook today and saw that in the checklist, along with many other things.