Princeton 2010

maximus82

Since notices should start coming out soon I figured it would be helpful to start this topic.

Feel free to post here about your interests, background, etc.

I'll start by saying that I am interested in the Sociology of Religion, Migration and migration adaptation, and population change in latin america. Princeton is one of my top choices and although I don't think I'm the most qualified student to go there, I have my fingers crossed. Who knows, maybe I'll end up in NJ after all the bad things i've said about it (no offense to anyone).

cheers and good luck to everyone.

I'm applying to Princeton's east asian studies program. There is a professor there that has the exact same research interest in literature as I do, but he normally teaches language (though he has published several works about my field. I have my fingers crossed to get accepted there and be able to work with him (and/or a few other profs there with similar research interests) but I think my chances are also pretty slim. Good Luck!

Haha Waldrop! Look at how similar our application list is

Princeton is my top choice. I want to study religion. I have had a really positive connection with someone there, and my fingers are way crossed. The grad students are so intimidating though! It makes me think I will not get in.

Who knows, maybe I'll end up in NJ after all the bad things i've said about it (no offense to anyone).

haha, no kidding.

seriously though, princeton has really cool research projects/data on migration and population studies, and that's what i wanna do so i'm holding my thumbs (swedish for crossing my fingers)...

Someone posted an acceptance. Does anyone want to share the good news?

Looks like there are a lot of Princeton acceptances! I am imagine that if we don't hear today, it's bad news. I wonder who's going to be working with Wuthnow. I hope it's someone/some people on this board. Captiv8d, I have my fingers crossed for you!

Looks like there are a lot of Princeton acceptances! I am imagine that if we don't hear today, it's bad news. I wonder who's going to be working with Wuthnow. I hope it's someone/some people on this board. Captiv8d, I have my fingers crossed for you!

I'm hitting refresh on my email like crazy!!!

I posted one of the acceptances. Yikes! I'm in shock. Good luck to all!. Letter was via email so I'm sure many more will come in throughout the day.

Congratulations! Princeton is one of my top choices, it is truly an amazing program. It looks like you have a tough decision to make in the next couple of months.

I got an email of acceptance from Princeton as well. Details will be made known later but it seems that the package includes a 5-yr fellowship, which sounds great!

Terrific news!!

It looks like the day is almost over in New Jersey. Oh well ...

:(

Nothing for me today. That might be it, huh?

I wouldn't be discouraged just yet. I felt the exact same way about Wisconsin, as a ton of people posted acceptances all throughout the day. But I ended up hearing from them the following day. Timing may have something to do with lots of emails flying around all at once. I will cross my fingers for everyone (might as well do something useful!).

Thanks.

I have officially entered a funk. I am assuming I won't get in. It is absolutely my top choice and I don't even have a clear second choice.

I should try to stay positive, but I just can't right now.

But yes, I will keep fingers crossed for all of us who haven't heard yet.

Thanks.

I have officially entered a funk. I am assuming I won't get in. It is absolutely my top choice and I don't even have a clear second choice.

don't be discouraged. My acceptance came after a few rejections elsewhere, so you never know what you'll get. This is also my second time applying to PhD programs after a wave of rejections the last time around. It can only get better...

Thanks.

I'm going to keep my fingers held extra tight for you! Don't give up hope so quick. You never know what those sneaky adcoms are doing. They may just happily suprise you. :)

very few people are posting rejections in conjunction to the number of acceptances popping up on the results page. But the first wave of acceptances/rejections are sent out together, right?

No, I don't think so. Not for every program at least. I think if you look on the results page, the rejections often come later.

:(

Nothing for me today. That might be it, huh?

Okay let me amend my earlier apocalyptic statement of "today or nothing" and let saner heads prevail. Last year they apparently sent acceptances on the 12th and the 13th. And even apparently one on the 16th. Rejections started the 16th. The year before both were on the same day, with rejections starting the next day. The year before that two on the same day, but rejections came later. Until rejections start showing up, everyone should still keep hope on the Princeton front.

Thanks.

I feel the same way. Princeton was also my top choice.. I <3 grad cafe but i might have to quit it for a while :( seeing acceptances to schools i applied to and not hearing anything is a bit too hard

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted and good luck to the rest of us waiting! We've all worked so very hard :)