HGSE 2018

Edugy

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I have a quick question. I applied to the EdLD with a referral to the EPM program. I just got my admissions decision letter (rejected) for the EdLD program. However, should I assume that I was also rejected from the EPM program? 

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, tiehopeful said:

Got into TIE! 

And I’m also having the unauthorized access error. I haven’t officially accepted yet, so that might be the problem. 

I don't think you have to accept in order to set up your key, because even the link to the "Admitted Student Events" is not working at the moment. Probably just a glitch that will be resolved at some point soon. 

Admitted to Higher Ed! And yes, I can't seem to access anything either. Glad I'm not the only one. For a second I was thinking "Jeez I can't even figure out how to get onto the website...are they sure I'm Harvard material lol?"

5 hours ago, abelt313 said:

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I have a quick question. I applied to the EdLD with a referral to the EPM program. I just got my admissions decision letter (rejected) for the EdLD program. However, should I assume that I was also rejected from the EPM program? 

Thank you!

Same here. But did you see a general rejection letter or otherwise? Thanks 

Edited by dean2017
Typo

Hey! Accepted to EPM. Very excited!

Undergraduate GPA: 3.5

GRE: 167 V, 156 Q, 5.5 AW

Professional background: 2 years Teach For America; 4 years working in China as school director and VP of business development overseeing company franchising

Congratulations to everyone out there!

I was accepted to the EPM program :)  Here are my stats:

GPA: 3.71 (undergrad), 4.0 (credential program)

GRE: 166 Verbal, 155 Quant, 4.5 AW

Professional background: Almost a decade as a primary teacher/English teacher in international schools in Cairo, Egypt (British system). Currently Key Stage 2 Head (basically head of Grades 3 to 6)

Wishing you all the best wherever you decide to go!

Sharing stats as well, because I know I was curious for such info this fall when I was applying! Best of luck to anyone reading this in the future.

Admitted to Language and Literacy M.Ed. Program

Undergraduate GPA: 3.90 (Secondary Ed and English Literature majors)

GRE: 165 V, 160 Q, 5.5 AW

Professional background: 3 years of teaching full-time (two years through TFA, one year teaching ESL in South America)

@dean2017 sure! 

Admitted into Specialized Studies (SSP)

Undergraduate GPA: 4.0 (B.A. in Early Childhood Education and state teaching license w/ approval in Early Childhood Special Education)

GRE: 161 V, 144 Q, 4.5 AW (took the GRE cold and clearly choked on the quant section!)

Professional Background: 6 years teaching in urban communities; founding teacher at two public Montessori start-ups; experience as team leader, mentor/coach, PLC Director; On-Site Coordinator for the pilot of a first of its kind public Montessori teacher training program; currently participating in a consortium of school leaders around the country trying to raise funding in order to replicate the training program on a national scale 

Edited by SSPhopeful

19 hours ago, abelt313 said:

Thank you!

I was invited to interview for EdLD but not accepted, sadly. I was accepted to the EPM. The "update to your application status" included information about both:

"Thank you for your participation in the Ed.L.D. interview process at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. We greatly appreciated the opportunity to meet you and get to know more about you. This year, we have identified many more qualified and promising candidates than we are able to admit and it is with regret that I inform you that you have not been offered admission to the Doctor of Education Leadership program. At the same time, I am pleased to inform you that you have been admitted to the Master of Education program in Education Policy and Management to pursue full-time study for the 2018-2019 academic year. Congratulations!"

Undergraduate GPA: 3.93

GRE: 160 V, 165 Q, 4.0 AW

Professional Background: Seven years of teaching in an urban setting including one year in a hybrid teacher-admin role; significant experience leading groups of teachers and school leaders through committees, professional organizations, etc.

4 hours ago, scfchi said:

I was invited to interview for EdLD but not accepted, sadly. I was accepted to the EPM. The "update to your application status" included information about both:

"Thank you for your participation in the Ed.L.D. interview process at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. We greatly appreciated the opportunity to meet you and get to know more about you. This year, we have identified many more qualified and promising candidates than we are able to admit and it is with regret that I inform you that you have not been offered admission to the Doctor of Education Leadership program. At the same time, I am pleased to inform you that you have been admitted to the Master of Education program in Education Policy and Management to pursue full-time study for the 2018-2019 academic year. Congratulations!"

Undergraduate GPA: 3.93

GRE: 160 V, 165 Q, 4.0 AW

Professional Background: Seven years of teaching in an urban setting including one year in a hybrid teacher-admin role; significant experience leading groups of teachers and school leaders through committees, professional organizations, etc.

Congrats on your acceptance into EPM! Think you'll attend the program and then apply for EdLD for the following year?

11 hours ago, memphismocha said:

Accepted to HDP! :)

Undergrad GPA: 3.98

GRE: 164 Verbal; 155 Quant; 5.0 AW 

Professional background: Teach for America, 5 years teaching experience as a special education teacher 

Congrats everyone!! 

Memphis migration this fall! Congrats!!

22 hours ago, TMW88 said:

Congrats on your acceptance into EPM! Think you'll attend the program and then apply for EdLD for the following year?

Most likely--haven't decided yet. I wonder how many EPM students are accepted into EdLD each year.

I got in to Learning and Teaching, from an Ed. M referral after not getting a CIS PHD offer!!!!!!

Undergrad GPA: 3.2

Grad GPA: 3.8

GRE: 156 Q, 160 V, 4.5 W

Professional Background: Teach for America, stayed in same school five more years, taught ELD/Literacy/English, developed curriculum with district

NOW...I have a quick question which I will link below (it's on Grade Cafe's decisions, decisions forum) about getting a second Master's from Harvard, over PHD offers from mid-tier universities that I attended for undergrad and my first Masters: