Media/Film studies applications

bakedmanapua

On 3/15/2018 at 3:12 AM, 43pennsylvanian said:

Hi there, did anyone apply to Columbia Film & Media Studies program? I'm so nervous right now because I haven't heard anything from them. Did Columbia interview students?

If so, I didn't have the interview so I think I might have been rejected. But anyway still have finger crossed. 1a/1r/3p so far :( 

I got in at Columbia - official letter came last week. Fingers crossed for your pendings.

Edited by vsweat

On 3/16/2018 at 7:00 AM, vsweat said:

I got in at Columbia - official letter came last week. Fingers crossed for your pendings.

Congratulations. I already got a generous offer from another school so now I just want to hear back before deciding where to go.  Did Columbia give out any scholarship this year? 

20 minutes ago, 43pennsylvanian said:

Congratulations. I already got a generous offer from another school so now I just want to hear back before deciding where to go.  Did Columbia give out any scholarship this year? 

I understand where you're coming from. I'm waiting on UCLA, but their silence at this point is basically my answer. But I just want to know, you know? Columbia offered a small scholarship, but I probably won't be able to make the numbers work to be able to accept their offer. Which is too bad, but I have another offer I'm probably going to accept.

1 hour ago, vsweat said:

I understand where you're coming from. I'm waiting on UCLA, but their silence at this point is basically my answer. But I just want to know, you know? Columbia offered a small scholarship, but I probably won't be able to make the numbers work to be able to accept their offer. Which is too bad, but I have another offer I'm probably going to accept.

I totally understand. Just heard back from Columbia, I got waitlisted so it wasn't that bad. I will very likely to go to the other school, less prestigious but they offer money so that will be it. 3a/1r/1w, kinda happy now.