2010 Civil Engineering Applicants

Moghi

Did you write to a Professor or to the Graduate Admissions Administration?? (I received once an email from Patricia Glidden from the Graduate Admissions Administration)

I wrote to a professor but received the acceptance email from Patricia....and I am not getting any funding although some fellowships are available for MEng students...

I wrote to a professor but received the acceptance email from Patricia....and I am not getting any funding although some fellowships are available for MEng students...

just sent an email to Patricia... blink.gif... so I will just wait... checking my email 2 time a min... like a regular applicant :P

just sent an email to Patricia... blink.gif... so I will just wait... checking my email 2 time a min... like a regular applicant :P

biggrin.gif good news... but this only complicate the decision to come... cool.gif

Come on Stanford!!! I’m only waiting for your answer… or should I send an email…???

biggrin.gif good news... but this only complicate the decision to come... cool.gif

Come on Stanford!!! I’m only waiting for your answer… or should I send an email…???

I got an rejection from MIT via email :( that ended my streak of good luck. come on Stanford!!!!

I applied to UCB, UIUC, UTA and Georgia TEch (I wrote the names in order to preference) and I have not got any acceptance or rejection yet, does it seem weird becasue I am getting more and more excited about that. Should I communicate any professor or academic staff for this? Is there anybody got acceptance from of these schools? Good luck everyone!

Edited by werther

I applied to UCB, UIUC, UTA and Georgia TEch (I wrote the names in order to preference) and I have not got any acceptance or rejection yet, does it seem weird becasue I am getting more and more excited about that. Should I communicate any professor or academic staff for this? Is there anybody got acceptance from of these schools? Good luck everyone!

Don't worry. I got accepted to UIUC but I'm still waiting to hear back from Stanford and Berkeley. The decision should be made in the next weeks but you can do nothing. You just have to wait (unfortunately).

When did you apply ?

Edited by Moghi

Don't worry. I got accepted to UIUC but I'm still waiting to hear back from Stanford and Berkeley. The decision should be made in the next weeks but you can do nothing. You just have to wait (unfortunately).

When did you apply ?

First congratulations on receiving an admission from UIUC, I wonder that did they say anyting about funding and I applied to Berkeley in the middle of december I think decisions will be announced next week.

First congratulations on receiving an admission from UIUC, I wonder that did they say anyting about funding and I applied to Berkeley in the middle of december I think decisions will be announced next week.

I hope you're right! I keep telling myself next week is it, next week is it, and always end up disappointed. on the flip side, we only have 3 weeks of waiting left at most, this whole ordeal is pushing my patience to another level.

I hope you're right! I keep telling myself next week is it, next week is it, and always end up disappointed. on the flip side, we only have 3 weeks of waiting left at most, this whole ordeal is pushing my patience to another level.

I told myself I would just wait until April, 10. That's around the time they sent notifications last year for the program I'm applying to. If I don't have any answer then, I guess I'm going to be crazy : that would mean they have had my application for 5 months without being able to take a decision !

Thanks.

I got my admission in late February but received no funding. But I saw a lot of people after me who got admitted with funding.

As far as I'm concerned, I rather think tht I will receive my notification from Stanford around March, 31 and from Berkeley around April, 7.

one of my friends said that he got his admission from CEE depertmant berkeley on April 13 last year. I hoped it will be announced next week but unfortunately it might take longer.

I'm not sure but I think next week is the Spring break. I don't know if we can expect results at this time.

No idea, but I think they just know how many people they should accept each year to have the right number in the end. That's what I read somewhere.

OK... I guess I will just wait for the official rejection letter...

Hope Stanford gives some good new soon... anyone has some information about Visitation Day???

Hope Stanford gives some good new soon... anyone has some information about Visitation Day???

I knew there were other CEs on this forum somewhere ...

Congrats for those who got accepted into UIUC! I haven't heard back from them, but I've basically erased them off my top two list.

I got a departmental email and official email within the past week from Berkeley for environmental engineering. Their visitation weekend is the April 10th, a week before the "April 15th" deadline. So you should hear from them soon!

What are people's thoughts on funding? Should we know about funding before April 15th? Is there less funding for master's students this year?

I just attended Stanford's CE visitation day (even though I hadn't yet been accepted). I was told that for the SDC major, they had already made their first rounds of acceptances and may still accept some more people. They may not decide much until Spring break is over though. Luckily I was able to speak with some professors and make a good impression... offered admission the next day.

Good luck to everyone out there, this year has seen many more applications (around 160 for SDC) which as you know makes the whole process take longer.

One of professor from UCB said that all the admission letters have been sent but I have not still got any emails. I believe no news is good news!

they're on spring break this week, we'll most likely hear from them next week (I hope)

I just attended Stanford's CE visitation day (even though I hadn't yet been accepted). I was told that for the SDC major, they had already made their first rounds of acceptances and may still accept some more people. They may not decide much until Spring break is over though. Luckily I was able to speak with some professors and make a good impression... offered admission the next day.

Good luck to everyone out there, this year has seen many more applications (around 160 for SDC) which as you know makes the whole process take longer.

Congratulation!!

I received an admit from Stanford (DCI (Design construction integration) program). I was wondering if you had information regarding job opportunities for these programs after graduation? Please share any kind you stats that you might be familiar with?

Also do you know how much is the DCI class size in Stanford?

Congratulation!!

I received an admit from Stanford (DCI (Design construction integration) program). I was wondering if you had information regarding job opportunities for these programs after graduation? Please share any kind you stats that you might be familiar with?

Also do you know how much is the DCI class size in Stanford?

Congrats... did you receive your confirmation by email or snail mail?

Does the spring break means that all information regarding the program will continue next week???

So who's going where? Anyone has made up his/her mind?

That is the tricky part for me... coordinating my MS application (I got no fellowship) with my wife's PhD (she has full funding from Chile and from one of the programs she applied)...

One thing I know for sure… MIT will not be in my future... :P

Congratz who get accepted and even more with funding!

I still heard nothing from UCB, Umich, UC Davis, Arizona State University and UT Austin.

I am applying for Environmental Engineering.

Hoping that I can have news within this week.

Edited by BigBlue