2010 Civil Engineering Applicants

Moghi

I'm about to have an anxiety explosion from playing UCB and Stanford's waiting game.

Me too... I don't know if I would receive the answer from Stanford trough email or snail mail...... so I keep checking both......................

Unfortunately I received a rejection of UCB... so Stanford is the only hope....

Me too... I don't know if I would receive the answer from Stanford trough email or snail mail...... so I keep checking both......................

Unfortunately I received a rejection of UCB... so Stanford is the only hope....

Just found out visitation day for Stanford is March 19th. http://cee.stanford.edu/events/visitation_day.html

anyone has the guts to email the professor and ask for admission status? how bout we all do it next week if we don't hear anything? lol, I don't know if it's a good idea or not..

Edited by s1u8n

Just found out visitation day for Stanford is March 19th. http://cee.stanford....tation_day.html

anyone has the guts to email the professor and ask for admission status? how bout we all do it next week if we don't hear anything? lol, I don't know if it's a good idea or not..

Yeah, last week I email a professor from UCB to find out if anydecision has been made and it turn out to be a rejection...

so in order to not disturb the decision I shall wait... I need towait... but I don't want to...I need to know the decisions now! blink.giftongue.gif

Nevertheless, been in Chile does not help to have a chance toattend to visitation day... I did have tons of work before the earthquake andnow it just crazy and the fact that I work in a seismic reviewing company doesnot help either.

Yeah, last week I email a professor from UCB to find out if anydecision has been made and it turn out to be a rejection...

so in order to not disturb the decision I shall wait... I need towait... but I don't want to...I need to know the decisions now! blink.giftongue.gif

Nevertheless, been in Chile does not help to have a chance toattend to visitation day... I did have tons of work before the earthquake andnow it just crazy and the fact that I work in a seismic reviewing company doesnot help either.

Which professor did you email? I'm going to try my luck if it's a rejection so be it

Which professor did you email? I'm going to try my luck if it's a rejection so be it

I sent an email first to Professor Stojadinovic he told me he was not in charge of admissions this year, that now was Professor Armero and I sent him the last "deadly" email with the rejection answer... dry.gif

I sent an email first to Professor Stojadinovic he told me he was not in charge of admissions this year, that now was Professor Armero and I sent him the last "deadly" email with the rejection answer... dry.gif

Where are you rejected and accepted?

UCSD is a good school. What do you want to work in?

I know that is a good school... I currently work in a structural engineering company dedicated to analyze complicated structures and earthquake engineering consulting (reviewing is mandatory in Chile) so I applied to the Structural Engineer MS.

The thing is that my wife was accepted in Berkeley for her PhD... so thing are getting complicated.

But I do like San Diego and I will wait the Stanford decision in order to make a decision.

I know that is a good school... I currently work in a structural engineering company dedicated to analyze complicated structures and earthquake engineering consulting (reviewing is mandatory in Chile) so I applied to the Structural Engineer MS.

The thing is that my wife was accepted in Berkeley for her PhD... so thing are getting complicated.

But I do like San Diego and I will wait the Stanford decision in order to make a decision.

How come you didn't apply to the PhD program?

How come you didn't apply to the PhD program?

mmm... did not have the funding... and... some programs do not allow international applicants to apply to PhD without a MS degree... but some professors told me that my experience could speed up the process of the MS...

damn... who did you email in stanford?

Prof. Law, he was very nice about it, and forwarded my email to the admin people. But still, the fact he hasn't read my application yet spells trouble lol, maybe my GRE score didn't make the cut, and my app got tossed into the reject pile automatically - -; tragedy!

Prof. Law, he was very nice about it, and forwarded my email to the admin people. But still, the fact he hasn't read my application yet spells trouble lol, maybe my GRE score didn't make the cut, and my app got tossed into the reject pile automatically - -; tragedy!

Well you have to wait until all gets official...that the tricky part...

I will wait for the Stanford answer, is the last one that I carefor...and I will stick to my rule of not sending emails to professors... :P atleast for this week...

Is there even funding for MEng program?

I think that there is no funding for the MEng... that's what I remember from the time that I was looking for information about the different programs...

I wrote to MIT got a acceptance via email... MEng in High Performance structures

Did you write to a Professor or to the Graduate Admissions Administration?? (I received once an email from Patricia Glidden from the Graduate Admissions Administration)