2010 Civil Engineering Applicants

Moghi

Admitted to UCB, UIUC, and GA Tech. UCB mentioned nothing about funding; UIUC said if I don't hear anything further, then it doesn't have funding; GA Tech flatted out with no funding.

Stanford rejected me :(

UT Austin is still in progress...

I guess funding option will make the decision for me.

Admitted to UCB, UIUC, and GA Tech. UCB mentioned nothing about funding; UIUC said if I don't hear anything further, then it doesn't have funding; GA Tech flatted out with no funding.

Stanford rejected me :(

UT Austin is still in progress...

I guess funding option will make the decision for me.

I too had a reject from GATech....no funding they said..just got a reject from UT Austin today...good luck to you though

I too had a reject from GATech....no funding they said..just got a reject from UT Austin today...good luck to you though

UIUC and UCB just told me no funding :o :o

I still haven't seen any update from UT Austin Status Check. It is still saying "We have received all credentials required to process your application. Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review." and "An official confirmation of our admission decision will be mailed to your permanent address." I hope no news mean good news... Nevertheless, I just sent the coordinator an email for update...

Edited by Pavilion

If you simply want a terminal masters and find a job, it doesn't matter where you do it. You'll take pretty much the same core courses anywhere you go. School only matters if you are doing research. Just pick the one you like. If you are applying for MS only, it will be difficult to get funding. At this point in time you should just think of getting into and completing a program; getting a job here as an international student depends a variety of other factors.

I called up berkeley yest 2 ask dem about d decisions n dey said dey wud be done by d end of this week. Anyways i have applied for construction management program and have been accepted into USC, purdue and Umich(M.eng in Umich)...considerin rejections frm stanford and berkeley which one do u suggest?

I still haven't heard from Stanford, USC, UCSD, UT Austin and Berkeley. I think UCB hasn't sent any decisions yet; and Stanford sent through snail mail. The postal service in my region is very unreliable, so even if they sent a post, it might very well have been lost on the way. I even sent them 2 emails, but Stanford hasn't replied yet.

Also, my UT Austin status page still says "We have received all credentials required to process your application. Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."

Is there anyone else who's waiting for their replies from the above universities especially stanford and UT Austin?

I still haven't heard from Stanford, USC, UCSD, UT Austin and Berkeley. I think UCB hasn't sent any decisions yet; and Stanford sent through snail mail. The postal service in my region is very unreliable, so even if they sent a post, it might very well have been lost on the way. I even sent them 2 emails, but Stanford hasn't replied yet.

Also, my UT Austin status page still says "We have received all credentials required to process your application. Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."

Is there anyone else who's waiting for their replies from the above universities especially stanford and UT Austin?

Well, I'm still waiting a reply from Stanford and UCB... I think I should receive an answer this week from Stanford : I was told to expect one 2 weeks when I contacted them ;(

Edited by Moghi

I'm waiting for Stanford.... is the only one left... but it is crucial for my decision making.

I have sent email to staff of CEE in Stanford with no answer... but a professor told me that he would look at my case... but he still haven't answered me... should I write back....AHHH!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

T-15D for decision day...

I'm waiting for Stanford.... is the only one left... but it is crucial for my decision making.

I have sent email to staff of CEE in Stanford with no answer... but a professor told me that he would look at my case... but he still haven't answered me... should I write back....AHHH!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

T-15D for decision day...

Those who have been accepted to UCB can u plz post ur credentials (GRE scores, research, GPA, etc) so tht we can get an idea.

I am an international student.

GRE : Q=800; V=680

TOEFL: 117

8/10 as per my college's grading system.

I have been accepted to Umich, Purdue, USC and NYU and have been rejected from UIUC and Cornell

hi all, i am abhishek from india.

i have the following admits for structures, but need help on choosing between purdue and vtech..

purdue, vtech, umich, cornell (apped for ms but got phd offer), pennstate, colorado-boulder, ncsu

i cant commit 5 years right now so cornell is out for me (also there's no funding right now which is strange for phd)

in rest of the admits, purdue, vtech and umich are all same ranked - 7

out of these, umich is way more expensive so that's out.

so basically the choice is between purdue and vtech - please suggest..

oh btw my area is structures, if that helps..

also, 99% i've made up my mind for purdue, but still considering vtech so please advise..

PS: has anyone here finalised on purdue?? maybe we can discuss things like housing over email or in the univ specific thread..

hi all, i am abhishek from india.

i have the following admits for structures, but need help on choosing between purdue and vtech..

purdue, vtech, umich, cornell (apped for ms but got phd offer), pennstate, colorado-boulder, ncsu

i cant commit 5 years right now so cornell is out for me (also there's no funding right now which is strange for phd)

in rest of the admits, purdue, vtech and umich are all same ranked - 7

out of these, umich is way more expensive so that's out.

so basically the choice is between purdue and vtech - please suggest..

oh btw my area is structures, if that helps..

also, 99% i've made up my mind for purdue, but still considering vtech so please advise..

PS: has anyone here finalised on purdue?? maybe we can discuss things like housing over email or in the univ specific thread..

did you get funding from either purdue or vtech.....

coz both are ranked almost the same...luk for the faculty and labs in each of d univs...

also u cn base ur decision on cost of living in the state, weather etc....

did you get funding from either purdue or vtech.....

coz both are ranked almost the same...luk for the faculty and labs in each of d univs...

also u cn base ur decision on cost of living in the state, weather etc....

no funding from either of them...both places have some or the other good projects, however I somehow feel more comfortable with Purdue - maybe because I've done a lot more study of it than any other univ, and also based on inputs from few seniors (not there, but in different univs)

So ya I guess I can say safely I've made up my mind now, it's Purdue!

I would like some advice on where to stay etc.. I've shortlisted Williamsburg, Beau Jardin, Whispering Winds and seen lot of others, cant decide.. there's definitely a difference in rents at these places, just wanted an input on the overall living conditions at each places...

Congratulations for those who received admissions in UIUC, Purdue. etc!

Anyone applying phd study has heard from stanford for sustainable design & construction or construction management program?

Well Stanford answer came this weekend and IT IS ALL GOOOOOOD :D

Stanford will be the next step... I only need the official acceptance package that will arrive on snail mail to continue with the process...

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! :D

Well Stanford answer came this weekend and IT IS ALL GOOOOOOD :D

Stanford will be the next step... I only need the official acceptance package that will arrive on snail mail to continue with the process...

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! :D

Congrats for Stanford.....I am still waiting for my decision....

did u get notified by email?

Congrats for Stanford.....I am still waiting for my decision....

did u get notified by email?

yes... last Thursday I receive a unofficial email telling me the good news... but I was kind of worried due to the fact that was April Fool’s day... but the on Friday I received the official email with the proper letter :D

yes... last Thursday I receive a unofficial email telling me the good news... but I was kind of worried due to the fact that was April Fool’s day... but the on Friday I received the official email with the proper letter :D

When did you exactly submit your application, I am still waiting for Stanford's decision too. You can be a benchmark of comparison for me. I applied on Jan 13.

When did you exactly submit your application, I am still waiting for Stanford's decision too. You can be a benchmark of comparison for me. I applied on Jan 13.

No, I applied well before that. I submitted the application on December 5. But, my last recommendation was submitted on Dec 15.

I am an international student, and applied to Structural, Masters.

I am myself surprised at the delay in my decisions, but having submitted all my applications by Dec 6, I am still waiting for decisions from 4 universities.

I applied on Dec 8, 2009... but I do not remember when my last letter of recommendation was sent.

Nevertheless, I received an email regarding the completion of my application on Feb 2, 2010.

Hope it helps good luck!

I applied on Dec 8, 2009... but I do not remember when my last letter of recommendation was sent.

Nevertheless, I received an email regarding the completion of my application on Feb 2, 2010.

Hope it helps good luck!

woww that is really early and good. i was admitted to CEM last year, i deferred it and now i am waiting for financial aid decision. i hope it will come sooner.. =)

Has anyone else not heard from Berkeley CEE yet?

I've decided where I am going next year, but I'm not sure if I should contact Berkeley to withdraw my application and say if I am on some sort of unoficial waitlist please remove me or if that is bad from at this point? I don't want to not withdraw if I am still being considered, but I don't want to seem rude by informing them I don't want to be considered at the last minute either. Should I just assume rejection and that I shouldn't bother telling them? It looks like they have sent out rejections and acceptances allready, so I'm not sure why they are being silent on my application. Maybe they lost it along with those transcripts they e-mailed about ;)

Has anyone else not heard from Berkeley CEE yet?

I've decided where I am going next year, but I'm not sure if I should contact Berkeley to withdraw my application and say if I am on some sort of unoficial waitlist please remove me or if that is bad from at this point? I don't want to not withdraw if I am still being considered, but I don't want to seem rude by informing them I don't want to be considered at the last minute either. Should I just assume rejection and that I shouldn't bother telling them? It looks like they have sent out rejections and acceptances allready, so I'm not sure why they are being silent on my application. Maybe they lost it along with those transcripts they e-mailed about ;)

Berkeley isn't over at all. They just started with their process and moreover, even I havn't got my decision yet. I heard that some students got their decisions as late as April 12 last year.....so i'd suggest u to wait out for it.....

@richinsane

did u only get d email confirming ur complete application on feb 2; in which case, when did u get d notification about acceptance; and how did u get it - snail mail or email?

because i received my completion of application email on jan 28, 2010.

Berkeley isn't over at all. They just started with their process and moreover, even I havn't got my decision yet. I heard that some students got their decisions as late as April 12 last year.....so i'd suggest u to wait out for it.....

@richinsane

did u only get d email confirming ur complete application on feb 2; in which case, when did u get d notification about acceptance; and how did u get it - snail mail or email?

because i received my completion of application email on jan 28, 2010.

I received it by email...on April 2nd...