2010 Civil Engineering Applicants

Moghi

someone mentioned that UCB's visitation day is this Saturday, is it reasonable to believe that admission emails will be sent out this week? also, when is the last day to accept/decline a school's admission offer (without aid)?

richinsane, I'm very happy that everything worked out for you!

someone mentioned that UCB's visitation day is this Saturday, is it reasonable to believe that admission emails will be sent out this week? also, when is the last day to accept/decline a school's admission offer (without aid)?

I think, last date for accepting/rejecting a school w/o aid depends on d school....

coz i got d last date as april 15 for some schools which r nt offering me funding, n also for some schools, in may.....

Didn't someone say that CEE admissions at Berkeley said they'd send out everything last week? But several people still haven't heard?

Oh well, I've notified my top choice that I'm coming. I guess I should withdraw from Berkeley then :)

Thank you men... hope everything works up for you...

Now I must decide where to live, in order to coordinate... me in Stanford and my wife in Berkeley... :P

Guess SF is the key... an expensive key…

Thank you men... hope everything works up for you...

Now I must decide where to live, in order to coordinate... me in Stanford and my wife in Berkeley... :P

Guess SF is the key... an expensive key…

you can consider living in the east bay, hayward area is pretty cheap. San Francisco's tranportation system is bomb, Berkeley campus is very close to a bart station, so you only need 1 car to go to Stanford really.

Didn't someone say that CEE admissions at Berkeley said they'd send out everything last week? But several people still haven't heard?

Oh well, I've notified my top choice that I'm coming. I guess I should withdraw from Berkeley then :)

what a luxury it is to be able to reject Berkeley admission, totally jealous.

what a luxury it is to be able to reject Berkeley admission, totally jealous.

Well it was my last choice from the beginning due to research, umm personalities, and budget issues. Plus it's not the top in my sub field. I got into my top choice with fantastic funding months ago and feel like I don't want to go anywhere that took this long to get it together. It is silly to take several months to decide and give students only a few days.

They just rejected me too so I guess the feeling is mutual :)

So happy to be done with this all! I hope you all end up with excellent choices as well!

I just got an acceptance letter from Stanford's structures group. It was mailed out on Feb 18th, it took 2 months to get to me and I live in California, what!?

On the topic of UC Berkeley, I sent in my application in October, yet Berkeley still can't make up their mind, they've been ignoring all my emails, and phone calls, I can only imagine that they pay minimal attention to their students as well.

I look forward to see you guys at Stanford, I know there's quite a few of you on this board.

Hey congratulations everyone!!!

All those who got admittance from Stanford, have you heard anything regarding the financial aid decision?

I was told that it was supposed to be made this week but still not heard anything.

Also any idea if it is easy to arrange RA/TA while in Stanford?

I just got an acceptance letter from Stanford's structures group. It was mailed out on Feb 18th, it took 2 months to get to me and I live in California, what!?

On the topic of UC Berkeley, I sent in my application in October, yet Berkeley still can't make up their mind, they've been ignoring all my emails, and phone calls, I can only imagine that they pay minimal attention to their students as well.

I look forward to see you guys at Stanford, I know there's quite a few of you on this board.

Congratulations!!! If you want to accept to Stanford you must apply for the SUNet ID right away because it take at least 24 hrs to be activated in order to answer the acceptance... :P

I apply for it more than 24hrs ago… and my status is pending :S…

Once again congratulations!!!

Congratulations!!! If you want to accept to Stanford you must apply for the SUNet ID right away because it take at least 24 hrs to be activated in order to answer the acceptance... :P

I apply for it more than 24hrs ago… and my status is pending :S…

Once again congratulations!!!

@s1u8n

did u get financial funding with the acceptance?

and as already asked, is it easy to get RA/TA once v join stanford? What are the average salaries after structures MS....is it worth taking huge loans to study at stanford w/o funding?

@s1u8n

did u get financial funding with the acceptance?

and as already asked, is it easy to get RA/TA once v join stanford? What are the average salaries after structures MS....is it worth taking huge loans to study at stanford w/o funding?

I did not get any $$$ the letter only mentioned that funding will be decided by march 31st, and they will let me know after they make a decision. I don't know about Stanford, but generally it's hard for any MS student to get any sort of RA/TA especially the first quarter. I'm going to visit the school next week, and hopefully I can get more information. MS degree is relatively short, you're probably looking at 40k tuition, I think it's well worth a Stanford education. did Stanford financial aid office contact you about how much loan you're eligible for?

I did not get any $$ the letter only mentioned that funding will be decided by march 31st, and they will let me know after they make a decision. I don't know about Stanford, but generally it's hard for any MS student to get any sort of RA/TA especially the first quarter. I'm going to visit the school next week, and hopefully I can get more information. MS degree is relatively short, you're probably looking at 40k tuition, I think it's well worth a Stanford education. did Stanford financial aid office contact you about how much loan you're eligible for?

@s1u8n

I was also admitted for Stanford CEM last year and waiting for funding decision now, can you ask when they will announce the decisions. I was also told that I would be informed as soon as they made the decision. and also ı still did not hear another Stanford MS CEM admission, are you one of 'em.

@timebarrier

I also think that it will worth the costs once you get into Stanford

I was also admitted for Stanford CEM last year and waiting for funding decision now, can you ask when they will announce the decisions. I was also told that I would be informed as soon as they made the decision. and also ı still did not hear another Stanford MS CEM admission, are you one of 'em.

you deferred your admission from last year, to see if you can get funding this year? I will definitely ask them about when the $$$ decisions will be made. I was admitted in February but the letter was lost, so I didn't find out til 2 months later, if that's what you mean...

you deferred your admission from last year, to see if you can get funding this year? I will definitely ask them about when the $ decisions will be made. I was admitted in February but the letter was lost, so I didn't find out til 2 months later, if that's what you mean...

actually, i deferred it because i couldn't satisfy the financial requirements last year. i missed the info that you were heading for structures. that was what i asked..

see you in fall then :)

Edited by manyahmis

actually, i deferred it because i couldn't satisfy the financial requirements last year. i missed the info that you were heading for structures. that was what i asked..

see you in fall then :)

@s1u8n

I am an international student, so I don't think that I am eligible for any student loans in the US, at least at this stage.

It seems that you would be attending Stanford irrespective of funding decision.

As I am an international student, I am worried about all the additional costs of housing etc over the tuition costs....bt if getting into stanford is really worth that much, I guess I'll have to take that risk.....

Does someone know how many quarters does it usually take to complete structures MS at stanford?

@s1u8n

I am an international student, so I don't think that I am eligible for any student loans in the US, at least at this stage.

As I am an international student, I am worried about all the additional costs of housing etc over the tuition costs....bt if getting into stanford is really worth that much, I guess I'll have to take that risk.....

Does someone know how many quarters does it usually take to complete structures MS at stanford?

I am not that comfortable but i hope for the best now.

@s1u8n

Assuming that you have completed all of the pre-recs, it should take 3 quarters of 15 units each.

I got my funding decision from Stanford last week, post marked March 30th from the Admissions Coordinator for my major.

@s1u8n

money is a huge issue for me as well. if money is such a big issue for you, i suggest that you go to a public institution, it'll probably cut your cost by half. This is dream come true for me, so I'm gonna grab this opportunity by the balls, if it's something you really wanted to do, I suggest you do the same, 40k tuition can probably be paid off in 2 years after you land a job.

money is a huge issue for me as well. if money is such a big issue for you, i suggest that you go to a public institution, it'll probably cut your cost by half. This is dream come true for me, so I'm gonna grab this opportunity by the balls, if it's something you really wanted to do, I suggest you do the same, 40k tuition can probably be paid off in 2 years after you land a job.

Right now, I am freaking out!

I still haven't heard anything from stanford, UCB and USC....and its already April 11.

Is there anyone left to hear from these universities?

@s1u8n

Yeah, even I feel the same that I can't miss this opportunity....I haven't received any official notification from stan though....eagerly waiting for their email....its already too close to the D-day...

hav u received notification about funding yet?

Edited by timebarrier

Right now, I am freaking out!

I still haven't heard anything from stanford, UCB and USC....and its already April 11.

Is there anyone left to hear from these universities?

@s1u8n

Yeah, even I feel the same that I can't miss this opportunity....I haven't received any official notification from stan though....eagerly waiting for their email....its already too close to the D-day...

hav u received notification about funding yet?

no funding yet, I called a secretary she kinda blew me off. I'm going to visit this Friday again to see if I can get some $$$. at this point, you should make calls to the departments asking for your status.

no funding yet, I called a secretary she kinda blew me off. I'm going to visit this Friday again to see if I can get some $$. at this point, you should make calls to the departments asking for your status.

yesterday i also called the secretary, she told me the funding decisions were to be made yesterday afternoon, but instead i was sent an email about the list of students whom i can connect to get info about stanford life, lessons,etc. so is there anyone who has heard about Stanford CEM funding?

yesterday i also called the secretary, she told me the funding decisions were to be made yesterday afternoon, but instead i was sent an email about the list of students whom i can connect to get info about stanford life, lessons,etc. so is there anyone who has heard about Stanford CEM funding?

My funding decision is also pending.

Hey i have applied for the course of Const. Proj. Mgmnt and have been accepted into Purdue, Umich and USC. My course in Umich is M.eng and MS elsewhere.

I am an international student. M very confused as to which school to choose...Some suggestions plz...