Fall 2018 French

frenchlover

20 minutes ago, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

Oh my God. It hasn't even been 15 minutes since I last posted but UNC Chapel Hill just sent me an email saying I've been recommended for admission. This is so kjhkjnkjn

CONGRATULATIONS! It's such an outstanding feeling, I'm so happy for you!!

@Saltshaker ayy congrats on Penn State!! It's such an awesome program! 

On the note of your recommendations, I believe that because their deadline is relatively late and recommendation forms are sent out after submission, they may give writers quite a bit of time and start the interview process without all of the app components. Either way, congrats again! 

Edited by madamoiselle

That's a lot of good news on this forum! 

Congratulations @madamoiselle Berkeley is way up there. Awesome! 

And felicitation @Carly Rae Jepsen!!! 

Congrats and Best of luck for the interview @Saltshaker !!

I've had no news from any of my 8 schools. So, waiting... And watching ...

Edited by Green.Mango

@Green.Mango thank you so much! I'm sure you'll be hearing news very, very soon :)

I was also beginning to think that it could be a troll, actually... but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now and say that they are just an incredible applicant!

If they're out there, reading this, I really wanna know what this person's speciality is because I'm curious as to how all of the schools they applied to fit in with their research; they're all really diverse!  

@Saltshaker SWEET! Are you a feminism theorist?! If so, that's my speciality as well! I was really close to applying to Penn State, but didn't at the last minute (nothing bad on their part, just administrative/money issues on my end). That program looks outstanding, I wish the best for you!

Edited by madamoiselle

4 minutes ago, HomewardBound said:

@Saltshaker Yay! Penn State has an incredible program for those interested in feminist theory! Congrats!

@Yanaka But...but...why would someone want to troll French PhD aspirants? : (

There was one for English programs as well; I think there's one for every department haha