Fall 2018 French

frenchlover

7 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

I got into Cornell, too! Full funding as well! I’m so excited, this is my first acceptance!

OH HELL YEAH, CONGRATS!!! Extra congrats on your first acceptance!!!!!!!! Are you going to visiting days? I'm not sure if I can take off work, since I'm already taking off for Berkeley :( 

Edited by madamoiselle

3 minutes ago, madamoiselle said:

OH HELL YEAH, CONGRATS!!! Are you going to visiting days? I'm not sure if I can take off work, since I'm already taking off for Berkeley :( 

I think I am! I want to see what the school’s like, and if I get into Columbia, their day is on the 8th and I’d already be conveniently in New York!

@AL95 that's awesome, I hope you have a great time! 

Looks like somebody got into the masters program at IU Bloomington! Congrats if you're here :) I'm not applying to the program personally, but it seems like y'alls decision should be coming out relatively soon! 

Edited by madamoiselle

26 minutes ago, frenchlover said:

My professor's husband taught a course called "Waiting" at Brown. I want to make a link between absurdist waiting and this application process, but I don't quite know what it is. lol

Oh I went to Brown too! What was your concentration? 

I remember shopping that course but it was a semester with many enticing choices... Hope all goes well with your app!

9 minutes ago, Imenol said:

Oh I went to Brown too! What was your concentration? 

I remember shopping that course but it was a semester with many enticing choices... Hope all goes well with your app!

Lol, I should clarify: this professor at my college has a husband who is a tenured professor at Brown.

Edited by frenchlover

Congratulations on the last acceptances, waitlists, and interviews and open houses! I'm sure the open houses are just an excuse to interview you and see if they officially like you... Sinon what's the point?

I should stop hanging out on grad café, it's making the waiting so much worse! I was excited but relaxed, and now seeing all the results here I'm getting very impatient!

1 hour ago, frenchlover said:

My professor's husband taught a course called "Waiting" at Brown. I want to make a link between absurdist waiting and this application process, but I don't quite know what it is. lol

I certainly hope I'm not just en attendant Godot! I want my responses to actually show up at some point! Haha

3 hours ago, madamoiselle said:

@Saltshaker YES!!! You go, Saltshaker! UVA is an awesome program, that's so exciting!! 

Must be a very exciting Tuesday for you :)

Merci!! One of my closest professors got his PhD from there and has been advocating for me to go there since October 2016 ?

8 hours ago, madamoiselle said:

@Saltshaker Sounds so awesome! I may reach out to you with a PM if I can't make it, and if I can, I'll make sure to let you know -- maybe we can grab a coffee or something! Best of luck at Columbia, sounds like you really did well on the interview :) 

Let me know either way! Grabbing a coffee together would be lovely, and if you can’t make it, I’m willing to ask some questions or take notes for you! And thanks, I’m so nervous and just want a response at this point :/